Bell Unlimited 300 Mbps+Better TV for $100 p.m

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 6:01 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
28777 posts
4056 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
If speed is your main concern, then stick with Rogers. Gigabit is faster than 300. Even if Rogers is inconsistent (never inconsistent for me), it will still be faster overall.

I’ve been a cable user my whole internet life and only recently switched to Bell Fibe.

I have no complaints about the service but I have the billing issues.
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
460 posts
78 upvotes
GTA
I called Rogers and told them about the offer from Bell. I told them I don't care much about 2nd T.V box and home phone but if they can look into what is causing fluctuating internet speed and offer me something, I would like to stay back with Rogers. They have booked technician for next week and offered me $50 credit. So, most likely, I am sticking to Rogers. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences and helping me take a decision.
Apr 28, 2013
155 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
I've found that in order to get the best price (i.e. where their not completely ripping you off), you have to make them compete against each other.

Recently switched from Bell to Rogers and here's what we did:

We were initially with bell internet, phone, and tv paying $120 a month for a year, after it went up to $160. Rogers calls and offers a comparable package with like 150/30 internet for $100. Called Bell and told them to match the price, they don't budge and only come down to $120. Call Rogers and tell them I'll switch to them, they put in a cancel order with bell (this is key). Bell calls and basically begs to stay with them, matching Rogers at $100. Said okay and called Rogers to cancel the switch. At this point I've got them both on their knees, Rogers offers their package for $85 with a $200 credit to cover Bells cancelation fee lol.

Aside from the price, internet performance is as expected although Rogers has less upload. Bell's tv has better functionality and the wireless boxes are kinda cool. But with Bell you have to cycle through like 600 channels in order to find the 25 you actually pay for and their remote is ridiculously laggy.

Just thought I'd share my experience. It's ridiculous how many hoops you have to jump through with these companies.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
12418 posts
1102 upvotes
Mississauga
gabe3366 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:05 pm
Just don't fall for bells "fibre " talk, its all marketing bs.
Not if you have ftth