• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2015 1:29 pm
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC

Bellingham, WA, USA shopping report 5.99 pants etc

I went to Bellingham Washington on wednesday and found a few things to report

At the Van Heusen store at Birch Bay outlets (5 mi south of blaine) There are some pants/slacks on the 2 seperate clearance racks near the back of the store for 5.99 US

VERY limited sizes
pants:
bright blue, reddish brown, and a tan color if I remember correctly
they are cut like jeans but not denim
I think there was a 36waist /29 long
38 / maybe 32
approx 12 pairs of pants on the rack

very nice slacks that are normally a good deal at 20 or $22
microfiber
some or all are pleated front
dark grey (nice material)
tan
brown(like a polyester suit color)

the sizes were 44, 40 and I think one pair of 30 waist
various appropriate lengths
approx 16 or 18 pairs of slacks on the rack

If you are or know a man that would fit these, they are a Bargain IMO

COSTCO in Bellingham
they still have the 3 pack of LED bulbs for $8
and the 4 pack of CFL floodlights for $3.50
this is the "after instant rebate" price, so you pay a bit more tax because tax is calculated on the pre-rebate price
this price should be good for a while
at these prices I am stocking up with the floodlights for when my regular pot lights burn out

CO (carbon monoxide) detector with number display for $22 or $23 (these never work for me in testing)

the eneloop batteries are no longer on sale

I got some GEL pillows that seemed really nice at 2 for $10 regular price...but they become very flat, and you have to fluff them every day or two, so they are getting returned

I also love going to the WINCO grocery store for mexican beans, salsa, and UMPQUA vanilla bean Ice Cream

I hope this helps someone
82 replies
Aug 29, 2012
292 posts
250 upvotes
SURREY
After discovering winco I no longer shop at Walmart in Bellingham. Depending on what I need I either go to winco or Costco.
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
[IMG]http://img41.imagevenue.com/loc474/th_7 ... _474lo.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]http://img293.imagevenue.com/loc535/th_ ... _535lo.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img142.imagevenue.com/loc241/th_ ... _241lo.JPG[/IMG]

here are some pictures of the various light bulbs that are on sale
also
small candelabras
larger LEDS that cost more

the CO detector that I mentioned

and duracell battery operated 2 pack of undercabinet LED lighting with motion detectors
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
Personally, I think the Costco LEDs are great. Didn't really notice any difference switching to them outside of on bill.
+1 for Winco, but too bad you have to use cash like Costco.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1367 posts
2419 upvotes
Vancouver
The single pack LED lightbulds are 60W and are dimmable. And the 3-pack ones are 40W. I was at the BC Home and Garden Show last Sat during the snow. I asked the BC Hydro lady about the dimmeable LED lightbulds. She said if my lamp does not have dimmable switch, it will shorten the life of the LED lightbuld. And I have a few of the 60W. I will try to sell them to friends and give them to my other family members. I got some non-dimmable ones from eBay instead for US$4.99 each for 60W.
The CO detector is a bit disappointed. They used to sell the Kiddie brand and has a rechargable battery inside. Never need to charge the backup battery inside. This First Alert they have now needs to change the 9V when it starts to make loud alarm sound which I really hate. That means I must have a 9V available all the time at home when it starts to scream for a low battery. Also this FA display is just a simple LCD display, no backlit whatsoever. The Kiddie has a weak red glowing display so I can still see the display at dark. Not too impressed with the FA. For now as long as it works, I will just leave it.
Dec 27, 2007
279 posts
167 upvotes
please keep on posting, it sure helps, Thanks
Jan 22, 2011
129 posts
25 upvotes
Burnaby
Big thank you to the OP. Very helpful.
Mar 11, 2002
911 posts
316 upvotes
Just to add 40w Cree LED are discounted to $8 due to the Puget Energy rebate at Home Depot in Bellingham. 60w Cree are 13.99. But I got the 3 pack of dimables at Costco for $8.99
May 21, 2010
257 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto is a long way from Vancouver but nobody stops ur guys posting Toronto deals and nobody says they are COLD. Please think, before "just saying”
May 21, 2010
257 posts
79 upvotes
Im finishing my basement and I just found out at local home depot even a non-dimables R20 3-pack is tagged around $14-16. I will be on my way to Bellingham next week, thx OP
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2075 posts
447 upvotes
Vancouver
Big thanks to mods for cleaning up this thread so it stays on topic. (thumbs up!) :)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1367 posts
2419 upvotes
Vancouver
New coupon book deals start this Thur Mar 6.
http://www.costco.com/warehouse-coupon-offers.html

Seem like the items keep on repeating themselves.... The Goodyear wiper blades are on sale last time along with the Quaker Instant oatmeal, 9V batteries, Palmolive dish soap and others. Those wiper blades are very good and much cheaper than Cdn Costco while on sale. Guess I will stock up the 9V batteries for the CO detector. Too bad the Kirkland Green tea is only limit 1. I will have to ask co-workers to get me another box.
May 21, 2010
257 posts
79 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Personally, I think the Costco LEDs are great. Didn't really notice any difference switching to them outside of on bill.
go to Chase or BoA and open a checking account then you have a visa/mastercard debit card to use at Winco and Costco.
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
cdegt wrote: go to Chase or BoA and open a checking account then you have a visa/mastercard debit card to use at Winco and Costco.
There is a helpful chase branch at 1825 main st, ferndale, washington (on the way to bellingham)
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
wranglery wrote: The CO detector is a bit disappointed. They used to sell the Kiddie brand and has a rechargable battery inside. Never need to charge the backup battery inside. This First Alert they have now needs to change the 9V when it starts to make loud alarm sound which I really hate. That means I must have a 9V available all the time at home when it starts to scream for a low battery. Also this FA display is just a simple LCD display, no backlit whatsoever. The Kiddie has a weak red glowing display so I can still see the display at dark. Not too impressed with the FA. For now as long as it works, I will just leave it.
what is/was a good price for a good kiddie brand one with those advantages? thanks for the input
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2786 upvotes
cdegt wrote: go to Chase or BoA and open a checking account then you have a visa/mastercard debit card to use at Winco and Costco.
Does Costco accept BoA's Visa debit?
Dec 22, 2010
220 posts
53 upvotes
Coquitlam
RiCHC3 wrote: ...
just wonder, is Winco required membership or special payment?
May 21, 2010
257 posts
79 upvotes
ilove wrote: Does Costco accept BoA's Visa debit?
amex or debit card, or cash :)
a BoA debit card works fine