Bellingham, WA, USA shopping report 5.99 pants etc

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2015 1:29 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks wranglery. That ion party starter looks like fun! :) Should be ~$25 (or less) after discount.
Feb 12, 2006
730 posts
113 upvotes
alikk23 wrote: can someone explain, which US bank will let me open a bank account without a need of a US address? and if mandatory which bank will accept a PO box as an address?
Bank of America can open an account using your Canadian Address. There is one in the parking lot of Bellingham Costco
Good insults are hard to find. Why waste them on someone you don't like.
Sep 22, 2005
957 posts
310 upvotes
BC
banner bank is also a good choice. from time to time, there is 25$ referral for both. They also let you apply their credit card. 5cents reward per debit transaction. no atm fees
Jun 29, 2013
367 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
anyone know where i can get cheapest beers? i know costco sells spirits but not beer. walmart/target/trader joe's?
Sep 22, 2005
957 posts
310 upvotes
BC
costco sells beers. Costco and Walmart both have good prices. I think sales taxes are added to beers/wines now while Oregon has recycling fees on bottles/cans, which works out about same on beers.
ssd0904 wrote: anyone know where i can get cheapest beers? i know costco sells spirits but not beer. walmart/target/trader joe's?
Jun 29, 2013
367 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
iceage wrote: costco sells beers. Costco and Walmart both have good prices. I think sales taxes are added to beers/wines now while Oregon has recycling fees on bottles/cans, which works out about same on beers.
I didn't see any beers in Costco bellingham. Are they hidden? I extensively checked the liquor area but only saw wine and beers.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
ssd0904 wrote: I didn't see any beers in Costco bellingham. Are they hidden? I extensively checked the liquor area but only saw wine and beers.
Ummmmm........
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
james-007 wrote: Bank of America can open an account using your Canadian Address. There is one in the parking lot of Bellingham Costco
Also in Blaine, right at the border
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
ssd0904 wrote: I didn't see any beers in Costco bellingham. Are they hidden? I extensively checked the liquor area but only saw wine and beers.
Pssst...they're behind the beers.
Nov 26, 2007
214 posts
6 upvotes
What is the best way to deposit USD to BoA account in Canada? I usually shop online and my pickup border is Point Roberts where there is not any BoA branch.
Deal Guru
Dec 25, 2003
11091 posts
3504 upvotes
Vancouver
vieboi wrote: What is the best way to deposit USD to BoA account in Canada? I usually shop online and my pickup border is Point Roberts where there is not any BoA branch.
If you're still deciding, Banner Bank is in Point Roberts (and Blaine, Bellingham, and practically everywhere else).
Jun 29, 2013
367 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry I meant I didn't see any beers, I saw spirits and wines. I'm talking about Blaine Costco.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
ssd0904 wrote: Sorry I meant I didn't see any beers, I saw spirits and wines. I'm talking about Blaine Costco.
The plot thickens...
Dec 2, 2005
239 posts
85 upvotes
I'll head down there on Tuesday and take a look. Thanks, op.
Jun 29, 2013
367 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
ilove wrote: The plot thickens...

Bellingham Costco lol. FUARKKK

I just called and they told me they do have beers. Coors light 30pk for $21.99 i think. I don't think they have Pabst Blue Ribbon(one of the "better" cheap beers) so I will try Walmart.
Dec 22, 2010
220 posts
53 upvotes
Coquitlam
What can I bring back into bc for same day trip?
Oct 31, 2004
166 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
Just reporting back from a shopping trip on Sunday...Target is clearing out Easter chocolates - there was tons for sale at 70% off. Bags of M&Ms were only 0.95 after discount for 280g bags - they had tons of white chocolate, dark chocolate and milk chocolate ones. My husband snagged a couple bags of Reese's peanut butter eggs (similar to mini eggs) for under $1 each. There were mini hershey's individually wrapped in a 311g bag and mini mix (milky way, 3 musketeers, etc) in a 297g bag - both types for $0.95 each after discount.
Apr 19, 2015
326 posts
165 upvotes
N/A
From reading various threads, I take it that Costco is the best place to buy chicken because they have a (perhaps implied) quality standard that they won't be hormone and antibiotic raised? Does Bellingham typically have turkeys on special or do we need to wait for US Thanksgiving for this? Thanks.