Shopping Discussion

Bell's $79.90 bundle for 3 services: Hot or Not?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2008 12:19 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 10, 2007
85 posts
1 upvote

Bell's $79.90 bundle for 3 services: Hot or Not?

So I had bell's home phone but had to cancel it because they refused to waive the $55 moving fee. Right now I have all three services (internet-high speed lite, basic cable, telephone-caller ID) with Rogers and I'm paying about $115/month for the first year (with all the discounts I could get).

I was checking the bundle deal on the Bell website and it looks pretty impressive:
  • Home Phone Lite: $19.95
  • Total Internet Essential: $22.95
  • Build your own + PVR: $37.00
= Monthly Total: $79.90

I am pretty sure there are some kind of hidden fees involved. I am not sure what it'll really come to every month, after the 911 and touch tone fee, the expressvu rental fee, and the taxes. Does anyone currently have this bundle? Any suggestion on whether or not I should move back to Bell? Any kind of thoughts will be appreciated.
2 replies
Nov 15, 2005
897 posts
48 upvotes
GTA
I'm on 3 different providers for all those services and I find it cheaper then what a bundle can get you. Off the top of my head the price for Bell and Rogers might be a little off, but you get the idea.

$18.95 High Speed DSL (Acanac)
$22.99 Bell basic phone
$24.99 Rogers basic cable
May 2, 2003
551 posts
4 upvotes
I can't access bell's webpage to check out total internet essential but IIRC it's severely cut for both speed and download limits. Make sure you know what you're after.