Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Best accounting software for Restaurant?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2018 3:24 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
28898 posts
2114 upvotes
Winnipeg

Best accounting software for Restaurant?

Hi, I'm doing some research on accounting software for family member who runs a restaurant with few employees. Which software is the best at doing sales, expenses, taxes, cash flow, costs and payroll? I read up on few options:
1. Quickbooks / Sage 50, traditional software, seems the default for a lot of small businesses.
2. Wave / Mint cloud based, there are mixed opinions, seems best for everything except for payroll. Perhaps this is good for personal expense tracking but not really meant for business with employees.

Anyone have more info and recommendations? Anyone know what small business usually use especially for restaurant owners?
2 replies
Nov 24, 2010
4 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I recommend using Quickbooks Online or Xero. With these software you can use lots of function such as payroll, connect to payment processing, inventory management and more.
Jul 19, 2004
711 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
I'd go with something that isn't subscription based as you'd be stuck with them if they end up raising prices. If you can still find it I'd buy something like Quickbooks standalone (not the subscription version). For payroll I'd probably look at Payment Evolution since you don't have many employees.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)