None
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1715 posts
266 upvotes
C-53

Best Aeroplan card right now??

Hi everyone,

As the title states what do you think the best Aeroplan card right now is? I'm with CIBC but thinking of switching.
Please thank me if you find this helpful
9 replies
Nov 6, 2013
336 posts
111 upvotes
Vancouver
AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold. You can get 30k sign up bonus if someone refers you.
Mar 25, 2005
63 posts
8 upvotes
I agree that the Amex AeroGold is good. I sent you a PM regarding referral. I still prefer the my CIBC AeroGold. That is the one I use most often but it's being transitioned to TD (meh). I am going to re-apply for the CIBC Aerogold by the end of the week. I like the Spend Manager and an easy to navigate interface.
Nov 15, 2010
20 posts
3 upvotes
Pointshogger wrote: AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold. You can get 30k sign up bonus if someone refers you.
I'd have to agree that the Amex aeroplan gold is the best aeroplan card out there with fyf. Get it and cancel before the year is up!
Feb 11, 2010
502 posts
262 upvotes
I've been looking at the Amex cards recently as well. One question to those who already suggested the Aerogold, is there any reason in particular that you like that one over the Gold Rewards card? I know its Amex miles transfer 1:1 to AP so was leaning towards this one over Aerogold. Seems to have faster point accumulation but I haven't crunched the numbers. Just wondering if I'm overlooking something that would make the Aerogold a clear winner.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8012 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
Jor wrote: I've been looking at the Amex cards recently as well. One question to those who already suggested the Aerogold, is there any reason in particular that you like that one over the Gold Rewards card? I know its Amex miles transfer 1:1 to AP so was leaning towards this one over Aerogold. Seems to have faster point accumulation but I haven't crunched the numbers. Just wondering if I'm overlooking something that would make the Aerogold a clear winner.
Aerogold = 30k instant bonus
Gold Rewards = 25k instant bonus, but more points for some kinds of purchases + many programs to transfer points to, not only Aeroplan.

You must make your choice depending if you want more the instant bonus or long term gains.

Many RFD users only want the instant bonus and do not plan to keep the card for more than 1 year (or to use it more than for $500 purchases).... so it makes Aerogold a clear winner for them.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
I'd say the CIBC ones because they are the only ones that you can get annual fees waived if you have premium banking with them.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20135 posts
2963 upvotes
I am liking my Amex Plat. If you travel a lot it is worth the fee.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9332 upvotes
where I belong
Get them all, all First Year Free (FYF), easy 30K+15K+20K = 65K Aeroplan

AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold - $120/year, FYF, 30K Aeroplan after $500 - via Referral only
TD Aeroplan Infinite, 15K Aeroplan after 1st purchase, FYF
CIBC Aerogold Infinite, 20K Aeroplan after $500, FYF
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3922 posts
305 upvotes
AlexJosh wrote: I'd say the CIBC ones because they are the only ones that you can get annual fees waived if you have premium banking with them.

At $29 per month, that is hardly a bargain.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)