• Mar 7th, 2016 3:41 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 18, 2006
840 posts
110 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Best Android Apps for Children

With all the junk on the Play Store I figure it would be good to start a thread to share/discuss the best android apps you've found for your kids.

Please make mention of whether the app is free or paid, has in-app purchases or ads, and whether it can be used offline.

OK I'll start. Most of mine are educational since we are trying to use the tablets more for learning than play. All are free, can be used offline, and are ad-free or ads are not very intrusive.

1. iTooch Math app by eduPad. iTooch has a separate app for most elementary school grades and subjects and all of the ones I've tried are good.

2. Youtube Kids. Obviously online only

3. Overdrive. Reading app that lets you borrow ebooks from your library using your library card.

4. Multiplication Math Game by camerapps. I like the timer function on this one and it also has a versus mode which is good if you're getting two kids to challenge each other. Only downside is the ads are a little intrusive.

5. Alphabear. Online only but it's a fun word game.

6. Intellijoy apps. Like iTooch they produce a bunch of good apps suitable for toddlers

The next one I'm thinking of putting on is Khan Academy.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4646 posts
746 upvotes
Should probably mention what age range you think the apps are good for.
Jul 17, 2007
164 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
Sago Mini apps are great for toddlers as well! Fun, and may learn something! ;)
Nov 16, 2009
487 posts
23 upvotes
Knowledge Kids Go, it's free and it's got lots of tv shows for kids
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Age 3+
Endless Alphabet
Dr. Panda's Hospital
Drawing Pad
Lots of android apps are good for learning and fun.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
we first introduce Pink Fong app to my toddler when she was 14months old....few days later, we realized she's mesmerized to the screen...
eventhough we only let her watch i for no more than 10 minutes a day.

and we decided to put our foot down and say no more Pink Fong on android screen....luckily Pink Fong can now be found
on Youtube, so i downloaded almost all of them, turn it into MP3, and she rarely needs to look at the screen and still enjoy Pink Fong's music.