Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Best APC mid-high capacity UPS deal?

Hey guys, my 900VA Belkin just recently blew so I'm finally ready for a new one. I think the battery might still be good, except the unit itself doesn't work anymore. It refuses to switch to battery mode... :(

Anyways, I've always been eyeing the APC BackUPS RS 1300VA at Costco for $129 to go on sale. I always told myself, "if it goes to $99, I'm picking one up and replacing my Belkin!" Unfortunately it hasn't happened yet, and I've eyed it for the past year or so :lol:

So just wondering, if I need to replace it, is this the best deal out there? I know Dell has the 1500VA model on for ~$170 from time to time but the extra 200VA doesn't really help me much here and I'd rather be RFD about the cost :lol:

Or if anyone might know what's wrong with my Belkin, let me know. It's 3.5 years old but the battery was still kicking last time it went off. My suspicious that the battery didn't die is mainly because a couple weeks ago, the USB connection to the computer kept disconnecting, so I knew something was wrong.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
lol when I read "mid-high capacity" I was expecting north of 2000VA.

Anyway... I bought a couple of the 1500VA from 4pack before they cheaped out and replaced them with the current 1300VA. They're not bad (for a BackUPS).
Price isn't too horrid relative to VA rating either.

For $130 I'd probably buy it (in your shoes, not mine). $99 I would probably buy a few (even with a 5kVA UPS in my rack).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)