Art and Photography

Best brands for third party camera batteries?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2014 2:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes

Best brands for third party camera batteries?

Just wondering which brands everyone on here recommends in terms of third party camera batteries.

Can you post your experiences?

Where can I buy them?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Check Wasabi Power on Amazon, these are popular 3rd party since price is good and cells are usually Made in Japan.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Aug 12, 2012
878 posts
437 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got generic batteries for my T4i from eforcity through Amazon. 2 batteries for $10.99 and I've been using them for a year with no issues. I interchange them with the original Canon battery and can't tell the difference.
Aug 10, 2011
199 posts
22 upvotes
OAKVILLE
hdom wrote: Check Wasabi Power on Amazon, these are popular 3rd party since price is good and cells are usually Made in Japan.
I second Wasabi batteries. I bought three for my Canon 60d and they were flawless for 18 months. When I tried them in my new 6d, they wouldn't work (thanks Canon!). I called the company I bought them from via Amazon (http://www.bluenook.com), as they carry a three year warranty and they replaced them, no questions asked. All I paid for was $6 S&H.

That...is what I call customer service.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2002
1608 posts
479 upvotes
Frank311 wrote: I got generic batteries for my T4i from eforcity through Amazon. 2 batteries for $10.99 and I've been using them for a year with no issues. I interchange them with the original Canon battery and can't tell the difference.
+1

Yeah, I had good luck with the no name stuff from eBay. Best price/value.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)