Food & Drink

Best Burger in the GTA? ( chicken, beef or fish )

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2017 9:13 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote

Best Burger in the GTA? ( chicken, beef or fish )

Not really into veggie burgers, and I'm tired of eating the same burgers.

soooo has anyone had a burger in the GTA that really impressed them?
53 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18769 posts
4053 upvotes
Toronto
Bulgolgi (Beef) Burger looks very tasty and interesting.

Will find time to go there and give it a try.
Mar 3, 2011
546 posts
262 upvotes
Thanks for the tip, will have to give it a shot.

South St. Burger has a tasty burger so if you are looking for a "commerical" chain burger to try out that's not too expensive vs. something that's exotic and different and will cost you about $15-$20.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11201 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
Nobody mentioned Fat burger in Vaughn? I have not been there yet because it is too far away, but some here on RFD say it's great.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11201 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 4:26 pm
South St. Burger has a tasty burger so if you are looking for a "commerical" chain burger to try out that's not too expensive vs. something that's exotic and different and will cost you about $15-$20.
Cara foods only bought the rights to the NY fries, not the burger. I honestly do not know how much longer the NY fries will be sold there. They might switch to their own fries or stick with NY fries.
Isn't south street burger still independent? Amazing burger, regardless.
Mar 3, 2011
546 posts
262 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 1:56 am
Cara foods only bought the rights to the NY fries, not the burger. I honestly do not know how much longer the NY fries will be sold there. They might switch to their own fries or stick with NY fries.
Isn't south street burger still independent? Amazing burger, regardless.
My understanding is that NY Fries owns South St. Burgers as it's subsidary.
HERE’S THE BEEF:
NEW YORK FRIES LAUNCHES
SOUTH ST. BURGER Co. IN TORONTO
TORONTO – August 31/05…. New York Fries is expanding again with today’s opening of the first South St. Burger Co. in Toronto.

Specializing in fresh, 100% pure beef burgers; this quick service restaurant will serve premium food in a contemporary, New York style loft-like environment. South St. Burger Co.’s menu features fresh, never frozen, 1/3 lb, 100% pure beef burgers, grilled chicken breasts and veggie burgers. Sides include hand-cut New York Fries french fries and poutine, hand-made onion rings and real, hand-scooped ice cream milkshakes. The onion rings, like the fries, are also hand-cut and cooked in nonhydrogenated, Trans Fat Free Sunflower oil.

A variety of condiments will allow customers to personalize their orders at no extra charge. A selection of cheeses will also be on the menu.

“South St. Burger Co. operates with the same principles that have made New York Fries a success,” said Jay Gould, President of New York Fries and South St. Burger Co. “Like our fries, South St.’s burgers, onion rings and milkshakes will all be made from fresh, quality ingredients and prepared right in front of you. Every menu item is designed to be a ‘best in category’ product.”

Located at the south-west quadrant of Steeles and Dufferin (2215 Steeles Avenue West), the 2,000 sq. ft. burger restaurant seats 40 people. The restaurant will open with 25 employees, and will operate as a corporate store. “Although the GTA will be our initial focus, it is our goal to grow South St. Burger Co. into a franchised chain across the country,” said Gould. “Within the first five years, I’d like to think we’d reach 25 units, possibly more.”

South St. Burger Co. is open 11:00 am – 10:00 pm, seven days a week, with free on-site parking.

A division of New York Fries, South St. Burger Co. was designed by JUMP Branding and design. Ad agency is Zig; Public Relations is handled by The Communications Group Inc., all of Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9820 posts
880 upvotes
frenchie0000 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 12:27 pm
Not really into veggie burgers, and I'm tired of eating the same burgers.

soooo has anyone had a burger in the GTA that really impressed them?
If you're looking for something different:

Burgers Priest - get a hamburger with the "option". It's a portobello mushroom with cheese deep fried.
Royal Meats BBQ - This is a Eastern European style burger place. They use pork/beef blended ground for their patties with a cream cheese spread instead of cheddar cheese.
Holy Chuck - They have a pretty good extensive menu where it gets exotic as foie gras with truffles. My personal favorites are the smoky cow (3 year old smoked cheddar, with smoked bacon) and dirty drunken & misunderstood (burger with beef patty, bacon patty , and chili)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11201 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:53 am
My understanding is that NY Fries owns South St. Burgers as it's subsidiary.
My understanding is that posting something from 2005 is pointless when something actually happened in 2015 (10 years later)
Cara foods (owner of Harvey's) bought NY fries, but NOT South street burger: https://www.thestar.com/business/2015/0 ... fries.html

That is why I can only guess that South Street will start selling their own fries soon. SSB is a stand alone independent company that no longer has anything to do with NY Fries.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2001
1241 posts
99 upvotes
I really enjoy The Works - there's one by work (Church/Wellington) - you can't go wrong with a gourmet burger, unlimited fresh-cut fries and drink for $11.

I go with the Hamburger Mary - fried egg, real cheddar cheese and thick-cut bacon - it's better value than McD's.
Let them know that it is I, Aziz Hamid!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4869 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
I like Fatburger burgers and their milk shake are the bomb Hugging Face
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11201 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 11:59 am
I like Fatburger burgers and their milk shake are the bomb Hugging Face
Thanks. I mentioned them above, but I have not tried them yet because they are too far away.
Jun 18, 2013
123 posts
85 upvotes
Brampton
Fresh Burger in Richmond Hill(Leslie/16). It's pricey but that double prime burger is too good to pass up.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11201 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
For those looking for a Halal burger,
there's a fairly new place near Christie Subway station Called Chamsine, (don't get fooled, it's not brand new, they just replaced a two year old red sign with a new white one)
I've never tried their burgers (yet) but I might soon.
They also have other foods on the menu.
My Halal friends say their burgers are good.
(Location: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Bloor+ ... 79.4184063)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19268 posts
1431 upvotes
There used to be a South Street on Adelaide and University (closed now) - and when South Street first introduced their limited time Fish Burger - wowzers, it was really good at the Adelaide Street location.

Unfortunately the quality went downhill pretty fast at the Adelaide location - can't remember when it closed but I recall just before it closed, I had a burger and got food poisoning...

Anyone try South Street fish burger at other locations? How is it?

Fresh Burger Prime burger is awesome....haven't had it in a while....trying to limit my burger consumption....