Food & Drink

Best Burger in the GTA? ( chicken, beef or fish )

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2017 8:51 pm
Jul 16, 2012
226 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Apache burger in Etobicoke!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9827 posts
829 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:48 am
If you're looking for something different:

Burgers Priest - get a hamburger with the "option". It's a portobello mushroom with cheese deep fried.
Royal Meats BBQ - This is a Eastern European style burger place. They use pork/beef blended ground for their patties with a cream cheese spread instead of cheddar cheese.
Holy Chuck - They have a pretty good extensive menu where it gets exotic as foie gras with truffles. My personal favorites are the smoky cow (3 year old smoked cheddar, with smoked bacon) and dirty drunken & misunderstood (burger with beef patty, bacon patty , and chili)
Best Chicken - Royal Meats

Best Burger - Mojo burger at the real McCoy

Best Fish Sandwich - Wahlburgers
Last edited by RolandCouch on Aug 5th, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 15, 2007
720 posts
42 upvotes
Pickering
If you're out Pickering way you can try,

1. Pete's Gourmet Burgers at Kingston and Liverpool (northwest corner)

2. Kip's Flamin Burgers (Brock and Kingston)

3. The Big M (Liverpool south of the 401).
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9727 posts
836 upvotes
OasisUK wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 10:35 pm
That's one of the worst burger joints ever. They use frozen meat, soggy buns, limited toppings and expensive prices. On top of that, the place is dirty and horribly outdated. The one good thing they did was stopped using ex-convicts as staff.

This place was good 30 years ago yet somehow still lives off the hype from back then.
Jul 20, 2012
484 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
There's a place in Newmarket called Ground Burger Bar. It's a damn good burger. It's worth the drive to Newmarket. Good onion rings too.
Jul 1, 2008
266 posts
69 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 9:47 pm
There used to be a South Street on Adelaide and University (closed now) - and when South Street first introduced their limited time Fish Burger - wowzers, it was really good at the Adelaide Street location.

Unfortunately the quality went downhill pretty fast at the Adelaide location - can't remember when it closed but I recall just before it closed, I had a burger and got food poisoning...

Anyone try South Street fish burger at other locations? How is it?

Fresh Burger Prime burger is awesome....haven't had it in a while....trying to limit my burger consumption....
I am with you on Fresh Burger. It is my favorite place in Toronto for a simple quick burger. It is on the same level as InNOut and Shakeshack. Burgers Priest is a close second in this category.

South street burger used to be very good the first few years they opened. Once they changed the patty from fresh to frozen I stopped going. Basically same quality as Harvey's which is not bad but you might as well just go to Harvey's.

RolandCouch wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 11:49 pm
Best Chicken - Royal Meats

Best Burger - Mojo burger at the real McCoy

Best Fish Sandwich - Wahlburgers
The real McCoy is another one of my favorites. Good choice!
Brian71 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 8:30 pm
There's a place in Newmarket called Ground Burger Bar. It's a damn good burger. It's worth the drive to Newmarket. Good onion rings too.
Totally agree. Awesome place. Great menu that gets changed up often. Nice area to go for dinner also.

I will have to try the other places mentioned here that I haven't been to. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Oct 15, 2009
239 posts
82 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:

Burgers Priest - get a hamburger with the "option". It's a portobello mushroom with cheese deep fried.
Royal Meats BBQ - This is a Eastern European style burger place. They use pork/beef blended ground for their patties with a cream cheese spread instead of cheddar cheese.
Holy Chuck - They have a pretty good extensive menu where it gets exotic as foie gras with truffles. My personal favorites are the smoky cow (3 year old smoked cheddar, with smoked bacon) and dirty drunken & misunderstood (burger with beef patty, bacon patty , and chili)
Good suggestions here. I can see we live in the same area, lol.

The one chicken burger I've yet to try is PG Clucks in little italy. Looks amazing:

Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9727 posts
836 upvotes
curlyface wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 9:51 am
Good suggestions here. I can see we live in the same area, lol.

The one chicken burger I've yet to try is PG Clucks in little italy. Looks amazing:

I go to California Sandwiches on Queensway for chicken sandwiches. They put a lot of meat in there, but one thing that I don't like is their randomness with their hot peppers. It can be bland or spicy or insanely hot.

PG Clucks looks really good. I'm never in that area, but might go check this place out just from that photo.... minus the pickles.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2009
1204 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
No love for Woody's? Best burger I've had in the GTA. My favourite is the smokey turkey.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18318 posts
3741 upvotes
Toronto
Been to Woody once, definitely no love for this, esp. after driving nearly 45mins from North Toronto to there. Really nothing special at all after hearing the hype. Sorry.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9727 posts
836 upvotes
Bojangles416 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 1:35 pm
No love for Woody's? Best burger I've had in the GTA. My favourite is the smokey turkey.
I forgot about Woody's. I haven't been there in years since Burger's Priest opened. Too far to drive. I wasn't too much of a fan of the meat in their burgers, but they do have good choice of toppings.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5953 posts
856 upvotes
Mississauga
OasisUK wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 10:35 pm
NO!
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6307 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Bojangles416 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 1:35 pm
Thanks for the recommendation, I live near a short walk from the Jane location and have never been so will bring the family there soon.
Jul 20, 2016
421 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:

Hmm I'll give a try on this Holy Chuck someday, not far from home, should be
Fanboy wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 11:39 am
I really enjoy The Works - there's one by work (Church/Wellington) - you can't go wrong with a gourmet burger, unlimited fresh-cut fries and drink for $11.

I go with the Hamburger Mary - fried egg, real cheddar cheese and thick-cut bacon - it's better value than McD's.
I love the works. for a "chain" burger it's as good as it can get.. that wrecking balls thing is delicious!
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!