Food & Drink

Best Burger in the GTA? ( chicken, beef or fish )

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2017 9:13 pm
Jul 20, 2012
491 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I went to Woody's once, I've had better burgers at McDonalds. I live close by as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2008
4937 posts
62 upvotes
York Region
Brian71 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 8:30 pm
There's a place in Newmarket called Ground Burger Bar. It's a damn good burger. It's worth the drive to Newmarket. Good onion rings too.
Live and work near there. It's okay. I wouldn't say it's "WORTH' the drive... to check out once, sure. but leaves a lot to be desired. The lamb burger was good, but I've had better. My fiance got their epic burger with lobster on it, and it was dry, even when she asked for it cooked medium. It just didnt work. I've made better burgers at home. But I also do competition BBQ cooking so i am a bit biased.

My choice of burger for this thread will be the Holy Chuck Burger on Highway 7/E of Pinevalley in Woodbridge.
York Region is best region!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6347 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Finally took the family to The Works in Bloor West Village this weekend on Sunday after going to the Taste of the Kingsway Saturday. The food was very good except my wife ordered the chicken breast patty and it was too charred for her liking. The chicken breast was probably also why our food took a little too long to arrive (the faster the service the better when you have a toddler...)
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
My pick is still Fatburger. Had one just yesterday and flushed it down with an oreo milkshake. I felt guilty of consuming like 1000 calories and who knows how much fat in just one sitting.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
I was pretty well full for most of the afternoon. Did not eat much for dinner.

I must exercise some self control Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes ... no more of this until winter time.
Jul 26, 2015
388 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
I recently went to Five Guys (865 York Mills Rd location) and had a plain Hamburger there. It was so good.

South St. Burger is always another go-to. I like the North York Center and Bayview Village locations!
Mar 3, 2011
547 posts
263 upvotes
meepsheep wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:29 pm
I recently went to Five Guys (865 York Mills Rd location) and had a plain Hamburger there. It was so good.

South St. Burger is always another go-to. I like the North York Center and Bayview Village locations!

I gotta ask, what did you find good about Five GUys? I tried their burger here when they first opened up and one down in the states and found it quite bland and tasteless.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6211 posts
1110 upvotes
I've heard the Garlic Dill Sauce Chicken Burger at St. Louis Wings is good. Anybody tried?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23383 posts
1101 upvotes
Markham, ON
North york location is dead....going to be a ramen place.

Back to topic...but if anyone loves Shake Shack burgers...it's basically the same as Burger Priest.
Jul 26, 2015
388 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:06 am
I gotta ask, what did you find good about Five GUys? I tried their burger here when they first opened up and one down in the states and found it quite bland and tasteless.
It tasted really fresh and it was filling. Like I could find nothing wrong with it. I like plain things so that might be why I liked it.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3947 posts
481 upvotes
ZEAL burger on Weston rd north of Lawrence is supposed to be good. Only tried their poutine, haven't gotten the burger yet.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6211 posts
1110 upvotes
meepsheep wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:45 pm
It tasted really fresh and it was filling. Like I could find nothing wrong with it. I like plain things so that might be why I liked it.
That's what I like too. Tasted fresh and beefy, also not too salty. Toppings are good too. And they get the bacon really crispy.
Nov 7, 2012
660 posts
233 upvotes
TORONTO
When it comes to beef burgers there are 2 styles of cooking it that can make them different. Flat top and char broiled.

IMO, it's a tie between Burgers Priest & Five Guys for flat top burgers. As for char broiled.... Real McCoys in Scarborough. But all of these burgers are FRESH not frozen.