• Dec 27th, 2018 2:02 pm
[OP]
Mar 26, 2015
153 posts
389 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Best Buy] 15% off all Philips Hue Smart Lights products

15% off all Philips Hue Smart Lights products

Received an email from BB after buying some LIFX bulbs. Looks like the coupon is generic as I received two emails with two different expiration dates (Dec.10 & Dec.13).

Code also applies on products already on sale. I was able to get the price reduced on the Starter Kit w/ Dimmer that's already on sale.
Offer is valid in-store only. Excludes out of stock, clearance, demos, refurbished, open box and Best Buy Marketplace products.

Some things to consider:
Kits:
Philips Hue A19 Smart LED Light Bulb Starter Kit with Dimmer Switch (3 colour bulbs + dimmer + bridge)- $150 - 15% = $128
Philips Hue A19 Smart Bulb Starter Kit (4 white bulbs + bridge)- $110 - 15% = $94

Bulbs:
Philips Hue A19 Smart Personal Wireless Light Bulb - White & Colour Ambiance - $42 - 15% = $36
EN_11282018_SmartHome_PP_Promo-phillips_hue.jpg
127 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1236 posts
386 upvotes
Damn this is the lowest ever for these, HOT!

If it's a generic code can you post?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2002 posts
1068 upvotes
Toronto
u0dcameron wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 11:14 am
Damn this is the lowest ever for these, HOT!

If it's a generic code can you post?
Looks like code is in the image posted in OP.
Aug 25, 2012
120 posts
181 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Good price for these. Will pick up a few colour and white to compliment my Christmas decoration ambience.
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Oct 12, 2018
108 posts
21 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Damn, I just ordered the starter kit for $150 plus tax as a Christmas present last week.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4895 posts
316 upvotes
Can someone explain what the point of these are? Am I just out of touch?
Jul 7, 2018
3 posts
2 upvotes
Could you post the full email with the expiration dates? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1882 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
if anyone has a spare code, please kindly PM me, thanks in advance.
Mar 22, 2012
3 posts
2 upvotes
A trick that I used to get an additional 10% (I've tried this the last time that BB has 15% code). Is to take it in-store to a Home Depot and price match it.

Home Depot's match and beat policy will lower it by another 10% of the sales price (not the difference).

If you buying a hue light for $250 original price, you get $37.5 off from the BB coupon. Hence $212.50. Then you price match and beat at Home Depot to get it for (90% of $212.50) = $191.25.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1882 posts
825 upvotes
Toronto
buttnana wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:20 pm
A trick that I used to get an additional 10% (I've tried this the last time that BB has 15% code). Is to take it in-store to a Home Depot and price match it.

Home Depot's match and beat policy will lower it by another 10% of the sales price (not the difference).

If you buying a hue light for $250 original price, you get $37.5 off from the BB coupon. Hence $212.50. Then you price match and beat at Home Depot to get it for (90% of $212.50) = $191.25.
nice trick! wish HD carries this outdoor HUE in store but unfortunately online only :(
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.hue- ... 62548.html
Mar 22, 2012
3 posts
2 upvotes
woolo wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:23 pm
nice trick! wish HD carries this outdoor HUE in store but unfortunately online only :(
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.hue- ... 62548.html
It should work online. That's actually what I did last time, I bought a Hue product that was only carried on HD's online website. Though, I believe you may first have to purchase online, then call in to get the price adjusted (they do not adjust online purchases in-store, so don't bother going in). Make sure you call the same day you've made the online purchase.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
17513 posts
2863 upvotes
Toronto
Oni-kun wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:05 pm
Just general control over the lighting in your house. I use mine as wake-up lights (they gradually brightens to full power over 30 minutes in the morning) as lights that automatically come on when I come home, as theatre-style dimmable lighting, and as mood lighting. They offer control over colour, colour temperature, and intensity, which is fun to play with every now and then.

They're definitely a want and not a need though. The 4-pack kit I got was a total impulse purchase of questionable wisdom.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Apr 6, 2017
787 posts
515 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Oni-kun wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:05 pm
you can light on/off through an app or google home/alexa.
You can also dim the light.

I can say.
OK google, turn off the entry light. or dim the light at 50%.

There is more options that you can have. you can set a scenario.
Wake up (slowly dim up the light in the morning through 30 min)
Turn off lights at 9:00 am or turn them on at 5:00 pm.

There are also bulbs with different colors/speaker on them.

The bridge is like an interpreter. he makes the link between your bulbs and you.

as a general advice, don't start, you'll like it :)
I recently bought 2 bulbs and now ordered 6 more. Also bought the August lock. (I can unlock with my app and it auto unlocks when I Park my car.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4895 posts
316 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:40 pm
Just general control over the lighting in your house. I use mine as wake-up lights (they gradually brightens to full power over 30 minutes in the morning) as lights that automatically come on when I come home, as theatre-style dimmable lighting, and as mood lighting. They offer control over colour, colour temperature, and intensity, which is fun to play with every now and then.

They're definitely a want and not a need though. The 4-pack kit I got was a total impulse purchase of questionable wisdom.
Oh but the sun is a free wake up light haha, RFD after all.
husamus156 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:40 pm
you can light on/off through an app or google home/alexa.
You can also dim the light.

I can say.
OK google, turn off the entry light. or dim the light at 50%.

There is more options that you can have. you can set a scenario.
Wake up (slowly dim up the light in the morning through 30 min)
Turn off lights at 9:00 am or turn them on at 5:00 pm.

There are also bulbs with different colors/speaker on them.

The bridge is like an interpreter. he makes the link between your bulbs and you.

as a general advice, don't start, you'll like it :)
I recently bought 2 bulbs and now ordered 6 more. Also bought the August lock. (I can unlock with my app and it auto unlocks when I Park my car.
It just seems very expensive for what it does. We don't use google home or alexa. doesn't seem useful
Apr 6, 2017
787 posts
515 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Oni-kun wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 2:35 pm
Oh but the sun is a free wake up light haha, RFD after all.

It just seems very expensive for what it does. We don't use google home or alexa. doesn't seem useful
I agree, It's a luxury.

For me, it's the possibility to dim the lights. No need to buy a dimmer switch. I control it by an app/google home is an extra to be fair ( for now).