[OP]
Aug 5, 2012
180 posts
77 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Best Buy - $20 e-gift certificate for duplicated your order

Got this e-mail

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for participating in our annual online Boxing Day Sale.

You may have experienced an error message while at the check-out page at BestBuy.ca. At the time the order was submitted, it was made securely alongside hundreds of thousands of guests, and unfortunately, a technical error occurred. If you tried checking out more than once, it may have duplicated your order resulting in multiple orders shipping to you. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and want to ensure you receive only what you intended to order.

If you have received duplicate orders or multiple, we invite you to receive a refund by either of the following methods:

Visit your local Best Buy store for an easy return. Simply bring a copy of your receipt and the products from the duplicated order. View our store locations here.
Mail back the duplicated order(s) at our expense. To make this arrangement, please call our customer service team at 1-800-663-2275.

As an apology for the inconvenience, we are providing you with a $20 e-gift certificate for use on your next purchase with us online. Here is your personal digital dollars code:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our online product assortment but technical errors occur on occasion and when they do, we do everything we can to minimize impacts to our customers.

If you have any questions, please contact customer service at 1-800-663-2275.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.ca.

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca team
UNQUOTE
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2254 posts
190 upvotes
Got one too.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
2973 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
Got one from FS for the 2 Headphones I ordered and 1 from BB for the 2 Sony displays. I guess they thought ordering 2 of the same thing constituted a duplicate order error on their part LOL.
Mar 1, 2005
599 posts
118 upvotes
I received this email as well. I put in three duplicate orders since they all "crashed" at the last step. The worst part was that I couldn't check the order status to cancel the duplicates until the afternoon of Christmas Day, and by then they had shipped.

Their invoice printing system is also broken at the moment since trying to print the PDF names the file with a .aspx extension.
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Nope, no e-mail here!

And I got a duplicate order as well..

I could really use $20 free money.. I have some crud to buy..

buy I think it has to be based on how much you spent.. Someone like me probably will get only $10 or even $5... probably $5, the HEY BIG SPENDERRRR!!!! will get the $20, because they probably made plenty more than $20 on your order...
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2011
4775 posts
1081 upvotes
MARKHAM
I got $20 cert on ~$74 + tax order.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1324 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
BoxsterS wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 6:22 pm
Got one from FS for the 2 Headphones I ordered and 1 from BB for the 2 Sony displays. I guess they thought ordering 2 of the same thing constituted a duplicate order error on their part LOL.
hmm, buy 2 get $20 off. finally these are starting to feel like boxing day deals :)
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2008
1465 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
kamascottra wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 10:15 pm
hmm, buy 2 get $20 off. finally these are starting to feel like boxing day deals :)
man, I want it too, but I was unfortunate not having my orders duplicated
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
3460 posts
998 upvotes
Mississauga
oajlu wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 11:15 pm
Never thought i'd hear someone say that, haha.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1324 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
oajlu wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 11:15 pm
i'd rather not deal with the hassles of returning for 20bux, but i would have gladly ordered 2 64gb flash drives instead of a 64gb and a 32gb and still come out with an extra 5bux, haha.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2004
9768 posts
483 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Lucky to you guys. When they screwed up on me a couple of months ago, they gave me a $5 voucher, which is good, but was only valid for 14 days, which is :mad: .
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
I did not get sheet!

On top of that they have not even delivered the duplicated orders as well..
Jan 11, 2007
44 posts
6 upvotes
Anybody knows if these codes are unique or generic?
Jan 11, 2007
44 posts
6 upvotes
BoxsterS wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 6:22 pm
I ordered two of the same PS3 games (1 for friend, 1 for myself), and I got this coupon too.
× < >