Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

$30 OFF NOMAD Wireless Charging Station for Apple Watch, iPhone, AirPods on Sale for $99 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2019 10:41 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
JeffryM3810 wrote: Bought this and returned it after a few days.

First night my phone stopped charging at %80 due to over heating, I was charging my watch and airpods also but they were at %100.

Because I had the airpods on charge, I was forced to place the phone vertically which definately is troublesome — if you are going to use this for just a watch and phone only, placing the phone horizontally is much easier to land it on the sweet spot.

Went back to a stand up wireless charger. Dealing with finding a sweet spot completely wrecks the convenience of a wireless charger.
Yeah, friend had the same problem, returned and purchased this and it works fine, except the Airpods charger is wired
Sep 2, 2017
473 posts
540 upvotes
Edmonton
Midevilshadow wrote: Why pick this over any simple wireless charger for $20?

Legit question, not trying to shit on OP.
This charger and the wireless chargers for $20 that are on Amazon and where ever else aren't even comparable.

For one this charger has a built in Apple Watch charger and the wireless charger pad itself has 3 coils built in. Of course if you're only charging your one phone that the $20 chargers will more than suffice.

If you also check the nomad site, they've given it some killer reviews.

I picked this up because I have an Apple Watch and an iPhone XS and later on in the future I'll be picking up the new Air Pods with the wireless charging. Which then I'll be able to charge all 3 devices on.
Aug 11, 2018
142 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
lifeisfuneh wrote: Yeah, friend had the same problem, returned and purchased this and it works fine, except the Airpods charger is wired
I went with this:

Belkin BOOST↑UP Wireless Charging Dock for iPhone + Apple Watch

https://store.apple.com/ca/xc/product/HML52ZM/A

Pricey but the quality of product is insane, the whole base is this thick solid rubber that forces the phone into the right spot everytime, and the rubber also holds the Apple watch perfectly so you can push the bottons on it while docked. As for the airpods it comes with a USB slot for a lightning cable, sucks because can't utilize the wireless charging case, but having a cable at bedside is nice, just had to recharge my Apple TV remote
I don't know how to disable my signature.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
JeffryM3810 wrote: I went with this:

Belkin BOOST↑UP Wireless Charging Dock for iPhone + Apple Watch

https://store.apple.com/ca/xc/product/HML52ZM/A

Pricey but the quality of product is insane, the whole base is this thick solid rubber that forces the phone into the right spot everytime, and the rubber also holds the Apple watch perfectly so you can push the bottons on it while docked. As for the airpods it comes with a USB slot for a lightning cable, sucks because can't utilize the wireless charging case, but having a cable at bedside is nice, just had to recharge my Apple TV remote
So is the price Face Screaming In Fear
Aug 11, 2018
142 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
lifeisfuneh wrote: So is the price Face Screaming In Fear
Oh yea.. there is a slightly cheaper non "special edition" version, but not available yet in Canada..

Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock for iPhone + Apple Watch + USB-A Port (Wireless Charger for iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8/8 Plus, Apple Watch 4, 3, 2, 1) - White https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07M6SKV1Z/ref ... QCbCM53J09
I don't know how to disable my signature.
Nov 21, 2010
551 posts
378 upvotes
Surrey
Saw it back in stock, tried to use eBates this morning, and it was sold out before I got back... Figured I'd check back regularly today to see if any stock trickle back in, and now I get 404. Looks like BestBuy is getting rid of this SKU altogether. I wonder if Nomad is releasing a new product soon?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
I received mine. I am not sure if even at $99 it is worth it, Apple Watch charges fine but it is difficult to find the charging coil. It works great if the phone is sitting horizontally but if vertically, I would need to move my iPhone Xs Max and Xr so so many times before I can find the right spot before it can charge. I can easily get pissed off at that. Still thinking if I should keep this one.
Jul 23, 2013
82 posts
293 upvotes
Hamilton
I received mine and the thing fried on me. The right side (the coils) made a sizzling sound and light smoke came out of the back ports. Needless to say, this is going back to BestBuy. Kind of disappointed in this! The coils are difficult to find too when placing your device portrait (like the images on the box) but, does work fine when placed across the mat
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
SimonQ wrote: I received mine and the thing fried on me. The right side (the coils) made a sizzling sound and light smoke came out of the back ports. Needless to say, this is going back to BestBuy. Kind of disappointed in this! The coils are difficult to find too when placing your device portrait (like the images on the box) but, does work fine when placed across the mat
What the hell, that is crazy. That makes me scared now lol
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3283 posts
567 upvotes
Any suggestions for a good cheap mat to charge two Qi phones at the same time? Don't have an Apple Watch.
Nov 30, 2013
416 posts
696 upvotes
Hamilton
Just lol at paying 100 for a wireless charger and calling it a deal 🤣

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)