[Best Buy] $39.99 Google Home Mini..reserve in store

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 7:17 pm
Jun 9, 2017
50 posts
4 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 1:09 pm
Re: Find my phone - Does it work natively with Google Home?

I did get this to work with IFTTT. To reiterate, I put my phone on vibrate and silent and stuck it in the couch. Hey google, Find My Phone. Sure enough, both time it started to ring full volume, not on the first ring or 2, but eventually yes.
Can you share the IFTTT apllet you use as I have tried numerous times and it didn't work for me. The phone remained silent but I recieved a call
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5067 posts
746 upvotes
GVR
Woah! wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 1:22 pm
So what.

I'm not doing anything that I wouldn't do or say publicly.
You're not getting very personal with your GH then... ;-)
Jul 5, 2015
18 posts
4 upvotes
York, ON
i got my google home mini from indigo.
its opened and used once.

will they take it back if i go to return it? its spotless i guess, only thing is i've opened the box.
Oct 3, 2007
110 posts
60 upvotes
If you're looking to get google home or a couple of minis sign up for source emails to get $25 off $100. Stock comes and goes online...but you can print the coupon and shop in store.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
5396 posts
1976 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
chatbox wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 1:43 pm
You're not getting very personal with your GH then... ;-)
I'm saving that for Alexa. Winking Face
May 19, 2003
807 posts
59 upvotes
Kitchener
Anyone else here experience random notification tones followed by a short landline busy signal from their home mini? This started yesterday and happened a few times so far..Weird not sure why its doing that?
Heatware: 59-0-0
Apr 20, 2017
36 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
honggil wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:36 pm
Noob question, I got a google home and loving it so far from random questions for fun, weather and temp, setting timers for cooking and music... With respect to automated lighting, what kind of lights do you get? I am guessing here, do most people use it with Philips hue? Tia!
You don't need to buy the expensive Phillips lights to do automation. You can use tp-link smart plugs or lightbulbs for example (there's one plug on sale at BestBuy for 20$ - although this one will cover two wall outlets).
Jan 14, 2011
974 posts
229 upvotes
Saad1988 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:46 am
How would I ask my Google Home to Turn or Off my Mi Box. I have Mi Box connected to my Samsung TV so CEC is there but when I say Hey Google, turn on TV" it doesn't work. I even changed the name of the device to TV in the MiBox settings.
I've got the same setup, Samsung 2016 TV and a MiBox. After initially turning on the TV then MiBox it showed up in the GHM app. I clicked on it, then was able to play YouTube videos from the GHM and turn the TV on and off by saying "hey Google, turn on TV" then "hey Google, play xyz on YouTube". I had previously modified the MiBox label in Samsung's menu but GHM still calls it MiBox and CEC was enabled by default . Unfortunately, that's about all it does, since I rarely use the MiBox (e.g. it can't control Kodi if I wanted to use it) I need to use the remote control because it always turns on and immediately switches to the MiBox vs. over air TV or TV's YouTube, and turning off the TV is quicker using the remote control (unless it isn't in reach.)
Apr 13, 2017
485 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
These things are still selling like hot cakes, managed to reserve one before it all went out stock again
Thanks for the upvote! 😁