Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

$50 ..Save $250 on a Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 Home Theatre Speaker System with purchase of any receiver.

Apr 27, 2011
528 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
honggil wrote: Yeah I'm curious about this question too.
The Vizio one is like a HTIB(Home theater in a box). You can connect it to the TV directly. But for RM6750 you need a separate receiver to work with it. Normally the setup with separate receiver and speakers will give you much better sound than HTIB. Although I cannot comment on these two as I've never listened them before.
Dec 7, 2011
1 posts
Calgary
Unable to see sale price online in Calgary yesterday or today
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
Haha they did this again?! Best Buy will never learn. Although it's $50 cheaper this time!
Apr 27, 2011
528 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
ADRiiAN` wrote: Haha they did this again?! Best Buy will never learn. Although it's $50 cheaper this time!
Hmm, saw a lot of kijiji listings of this speakers.
Dec 21, 2014
280 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
futabasan wrote: While I understand I'm going to be comparing apples to oranges because they're different sound setups, but because of the similar price point, what's better.

This deal in the OP or the Costco Vizio 5.1 system: costco-costco-ca-hot-vizio-5-1-channel- ... 9-2053181/
honggil wrote: Yeah I'm curious about this question too.
imnovayu wrote: The Vizio one is like a HTIB(Home theater in a box). You can connect it to the TV directly. But for RM6750 you need a separate receiver to work with it. Normally the setup with separate receiver and speakers will give you much better sound than HTIB. Although I cannot comment on these two as I've never listened them before.
I bought the vizio 5.1 and this one is being shipped to me now. Once I get it set up, I'll compare them for you. I'm not an audiophile, so I'll do my best.

Generally home theaters in a box - like the vizio - will be outperformed by a receiver and speakers. With a receiver you can swap out parts more easily, but you don't get the same flexibility with the vizio. Although the vizio had (semi) wireless rears, which I really liked.

Either way, I'll check back once they arrive
Jan 7, 2017
67 posts
87 upvotes
Deal is live again, just ordered the Sony receiver ($199.99 cheapest I could find) and will try to return it when it arrives. Hopefully they take the receiver back and I get the speakers for $50. Already own a receiver.
Aug 24, 2011
206 posts
157 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Just ordered Onkyo TX-NR555 + this set of speakers, maybe I'll sell the speakers to bring the price down ( the onkyo receiver)! Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2008
1705 posts
1792 upvotes
Monktanna wrote: Deal is live again, just ordered the Sony receiver ($199.99 cheapest I could find) and will try to return it when it arrives. Hopefully they take the receiver back and I get the speakers for $50. Already own a receiver.
Worked okay for me. However, I did have to try at 3 different best buys to do the return. so YMMV
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
Ah of course debating too long between the Onkyo TX-SR353 and the Pioneer VSX-531 and the deal died, but now both are at reg price. Although the Onkyo is only $30 more. Bah!
Mar 7, 2011
120 posts
206 upvotes
Mississauga
ordered one online with with Onkyo TX-SR353 ... lets see if I can return the receiver later next week
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
4795 posts
3847 upvotes
GTA
You guys can definitely return the receiver as they are entered in as a separate item so you'll get a 5.1 speaker system for $50!

I'm tempted to do this again as I only have a 3.1 system currently
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
1341 posts
878 upvotes
reserverd for in-store pickup. Will see if I can return the receiver later!
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1374 posts
406 upvotes
Westside
jeff99 wrote: Just ordered Onkyo TX-NR555 + this set of speakers, maybe I'll sell the speakers to bring the price down ( the onkyo receiver)! Thanks!
My thoughts exactly. I already have Polk 7.1 speakers. My receiver is ancient though and only 5.1. I couldn't refuse the Onkyo TX-NR555. Not sure how fast the speakers will sell or how much to list them for. They're really not good quality nor the sub. I wouldn't pay $100 for them. I see others listing for $200. It would be nice to get that and really offset the cost of receiver but seems greedy and I can't see anyone paying that.
Jun 22, 2009
309 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Is the deal dead again??
Mar 18, 2012
62 posts
25 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Just tried to pick this up in store no longer available.