Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] $51.99/$49.99 - PlayStation Plus 12-Month Membership (PlayStation Store & BB / Costco)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 9:58 am
[OP]
Jan 10, 2019
62 posts
169 upvotes
DaPlshBst wrote: If you have any Best Buy GC's from Christmas....they have the sale as well.
Thanks! Added to post :)
This is the way!
Aug 7, 2019
39 posts
50 upvotes
I can't believe I caved and bought the one from CDKeys the other day. Was literally waiting for Costco/PSN Store but they never came. I wanted to make it easier and have my yearly membership starting on Jan 1st...

If those stores wanted sales, they should've done this when CDKeys had these deals.... I don't understand business.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1433 posts
567 upvotes
London
wahabk1234 wrote: Anyone have spare Costco promos?
I tried using a promo code but it wouldn't work. Applied it but there was no change in price. I had to add a $25 PSN card to try to get it over $100 but it still didn't change my total. I'm still gonna use my code though.
Nov 9, 2013
699 posts
776 upvotes
Barrie
mumbles wrote: I tried using a promo code but it wouldn't work. Applied it but there was no change in price. I had to add a $25 PSN card to try to get it over $100 but it still didn't change my total. I'm still gonna use my code though.
I called in today and told them my promo code wouldn't work, so they gave me a new one that worked successfully.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1433 posts
567 upvotes
London
RyanD163 wrote: I called in today and told them my promo code wouldn't work, so they gave me a new one that worked successfully.

What filler items did you use to get it over $100?
Nov 9, 2013
699 posts
776 upvotes
Barrie
mumbles wrote:
What filler items did you use to get it over $100?
Not really filler, but I had 2 PS plus and a case of 5 hour energy. You could try looking at some of the grocery items maybe?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2702 posts
2304 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
HugeDK wrote: I can't believe I caved and bought the one from CDKeys the other day. Was literally waiting for Costco/PSN Store but they never came. I wanted to make it easier and have my yearly membership starting on Jan 1st...

If those stores wanted sales, they should've done this when CDKeys had these deals.... I don't understand business.
Why on earth would any retailer on the planet match CDKeys?

You're also ignoring that retailers aren't supposed to discount this stuff without explicitly getting permission from Sony. They can't even sell the physical cards for a discount because they fail to activate unless they're paid in full at the register.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1037 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pl ... d/14382056

Best Buy Canada has Sony PS+ for $51.99 which is $18 off the regular price. This is digital only. Available online only. It oddly says delivery is not until January 7, 2020 which is strange but still a good deal. Also if you use Rakuten or some other rewards deal you get something from that too.

Offer expires on January 13, 2020.
Jul 1, 2003
841 posts
94 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Couple bucks cheaper at Costco, not sure if it's eligible for the 2% executive rebate?

https://www.costco.ca/playstation-plus- ... 39101.html

Edit: Looks like you do get the 2% back, "You have earned approximately $1.00 towards your 2% reward on this purchase."
Last edited by Un4GivN on Jan 4th, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Some people hear their own voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or they become Legend.-
Jan 10, 2018
120 posts
241 upvotes
On sale on PSN until January 7 for $51.99, and pretty sure PSN doesn't charge taxes.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1037 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
Shady67 wrote: On sale on PSN until January 7 for $51.99, and pretty sure PSN doesn't charge taxes.
Best Buy does not charge tax on this either and so it is a better buy from Best Buy as you can get rewards from the purchase.
Nov 8, 2012
37 posts
18 upvotes
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Best Buy does not charge tax on this either and so it is a better buy from Best Buy as you can get rewards from the purchase.
Bestbuy has rewards still?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1037 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
Un4GivN wrote: Couple bucks cheaper at Costco, not sure if it's eligible for the 2% executive rebate?

https://www.costco.ca/playstation-plus- ... 39101.html

Edit: Looks like you do get the 2% back, "You have earned approximately $1.00 towards your 2% reward on this purchase."
Costco deal is a member only item so you need their yearly membership or whatever they offer now to get that deal. It was a long time ago but last time I remembered finding out what it cost it was $49.99. Guaranteed much more expensive now. I assume. LOL!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1037 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
carbunk wrote: Bestbuy has rewards still?
If they don't there is still Rakuten and other things people know of that gets you cash back, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6939 posts
1187 upvotes
BC
carbunk wrote:
Bestbuy has rewards still?
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: If they don't there is still Rakuten and other things people know of that gets you cash back, etc.
They shutdown the rewards program a couple of years ago, and are you sure this is eligible for cash back? Best Buy cash back via Rakuten excludes e-gift cards, and they don't have cashback for the video game category either.