Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] $51.99/$49.99 - PlayStation Plus 12-Month Membership (PlayStation Store & BB / Costco)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 9:58 am
Nov 8, 2012
37 posts
18 upvotes
Kwirky wrote: They shutdown the rewards program a couple of years ago, and are you sure this is eligible for cash back? Best Buy cash back via Rakuten excludes e-gift cards, and they don't have cashback for the video game category either.
Oh good catch. Why wouldn't they include video games :\
Dec 26, 2006
456 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary
You can stack subscriptions, right? Just renewed a few days ago for 2020, wouldn't mind locking in 2021 at this price.

EDIT: After googling it, just bought it, no taxes charged in Alberta and it stacks. If you have an existing plan, it extends that existing end date. In other words, I had originally bought a subscription on 12/29/2019 which subsequently expires on 12/29/2020. When I bought this new one on this deal, it has now extended my end date to 12/29/2021.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1001 posts
514 upvotes
London, ON
carbunk wrote: Oh good catch. Why wouldn't they include video games :\
Video games (and consoles, and probably gift cards) are low-margin items for retailers.

Notice how Apple products are usually excluded from store-wide promotions? Probably the same reason: They barely make money on them in the first place.
Oct 1, 2007
236 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I'm a Costco member but don't know if I've ever received a coupon code. Have they expired or do I find it online?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2379 posts
555 upvotes
London
if you have PSN+ time left on your acct, will it transfer over to PS5?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7348 posts
3305 upvotes
Toronto
brucedlx wrote: if you have PSN+ time left on your acct, will it transfer over to PS5?
Yes, just as it did with PS3.
Nov 9, 2013
701 posts
776 upvotes
Barrie
Zeitgeist7 wrote: I'm a Costco member but don't know if I've ever received a coupon code. Have they expired or do I find it online?
I think the code expires January 5th... Originally was December 22nd, but it got extended. Check your emails back in December, but I believe you needed to click a certain link on the website to sign up for it, and that's likely gone.

You could probably just call in and ask for a "new code" and they may not question it.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1045 posts
737 upvotes
Toronto
Angultra wrote: Yes, just as it did with PS3.
Thanks for that answer. Never knew that as I have never had PS+ but may in the future. This is a good deal but Christmas and New Year's did severe damage. LOL!
Aug 15, 2019
23 posts
11 upvotes
For those wondering. I got a PM at Bestbuy for a 12 month subscription to the same price as the one offered by Sony playstation store.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9709 posts
6118 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Awesome. Thx OP. I skipped the sale back in November, so I can get it now.

Website says sale until January 13th for members only.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9709 posts
6118 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
NYR wrote: You can stack subscriptions, right? Just renewed a few days ago for 2020, wouldn't mind locking in 2021 at this price.

EDIT: After googling it, just bought it, no taxes charged in Alberta and it stacks. If you have an existing plan, it extends that existing end date. In other words, I had originally bought a subscription on 12/29/2019 which subsequently expires on 12/29/2020. When I bought this new one on this deal, it has now extended my end date to 12/29/2021.
they will always stack
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Dec 26, 2006
456 posts
85 upvotes
Calgary
brucedlx wrote: if you have PSN+ time left on your acct, will it transfer over to PS5?
It would be a massive failure if it didn’t.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1433 posts
567 upvotes
London
I called customer service and they kept giving me codes that I entered but none of them actually took any money off. So I said well maybe it's because I'm buying Playstation codes and the agent told me no it shouldn't matter, it should just work. So they told me to just call back after my order ships and they'll refund me the $60 to my credit card. Weird.