Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Acer Predator G3-710 Gaming PC $899.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2017 4:17 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Acer Predator G3-710 Gaming PC $899.99

On sale for 899.99, was on sale for 999.99 in Feb. Intel Ci5-6400/1TB HDD/128GB SSD/GeForce GTX 1060/Windows 10. 11 in stock at time of posting
Last edited by skidragoon on May 12th, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
65 replies
Jan 18, 2013
639 posts
259 upvotes
Calgary
Good thing it was OOS last time. Saved me an extra $100. Lol.
Jan 18, 2011
384 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
Has anybody spec'd this out price wise vs buying the components individually?

Any concern that some of the parts might be low quality? Like Power Supply or Fan etc.

Sorry, a bit of a newb with these things
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24233 posts
43262 upvotes
ONTARIO
I need something like this in laptop form!
Dec 2, 2010
618 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
SumoMan wrote: Has anybody spec'd this out price wise vs buying the components individually?

Any concern that some of the parts might be low quality? Like Power Supply or Fan etc.

Sorry, a bit of a newb with these things
Manufacturers will always go with the cheapest available mass purchase option so buying the components yourself will almost always be better quality. A GTX 1060 is pretty low power for a gaming PC, especially if you pair it with a 1440p or higher monitor. That being said, if you don't know how to build a PC, will be safer to just buy.
Feb 7, 2008
73 posts
103 upvotes
I had a chuckle where it says in the description "Supports UHD (4K2K) resolutions so you can crush 4K gaming and enjoy images that are life-like and crystal clear" Um, no, you won't be crushing 4k gaming with this rig, lol. I have a GTX 1070 and even it doesn't crush 4k gaming.
Sep 5, 2006
656 posts
479 upvotes
Calgary
Price isn't bad given the specs, but the reviews are terrible for this.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
You can build a better PC for the same price or cheaper
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
there is nothing in that computer that is that great. you could get a laptop that runs the games faster than this pc at the same price or a mini itx at least you don't have to get the big box sitting next to your computer.
warranty wise is 1 year parts and labour if you bought the parts separately youd get 3-5 years instead too. the only hard part about building a computer is to apply the thermal paste and all you got to remember is less is more, I barely put some on mine. the store can also assemble for you for 50.00 at ncix , acer puts Toshiba or Seagate hard drive that is low quality in their machines. if you're thinking of upgrading the video card down the line chances they put a very low power supply so you wont be able to do that either.
this is a terrible deal at 1500.00 and for making people believe its worth that it get s big No from me and on sale it is still debatable at this price.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3286 upvotes
I would be hesitant to buy anything pre-built ever again from a desktop pc. Usually they are a pain to upgrade down the line and most times the motherboard is the bare minimum to have everything in there leaving no room for additions.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6345 upvotes
Winnipeg
blackstaffer wrote: Manufacturers will always go with the cheapest available mass purchase option so buying the components yourself will almost always be better quality. A GTX 1060 is pretty low power for a gaming PC, especially if you pair it with a 1440p or higher monitor. That being said, if you don't know how to build a PC, will be safer to just buy.
not even a real 1060, i hate how the 3gb version is not called 1060LE or 1050ti
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6345 upvotes
Winnipeg
LoANeal wrote: I would be hesitant to buy anything pre-built ever again from a desktop pc. Usually they are a pain to upgrade down the line and most times the motherboard is the bare minimum to have everything in there leaving no room for additions.
this isn't for people like you and me who builds pc, this is for people who have no clue or just doesn't care about component quality, they just want something that works out of the box and somewhere to return it should there be issues.
Jan 18, 2016
135 posts
171 upvotes
Saint-Romuald, QC
User381785 wrote: You can build a better PC for the same price or cheaper
Not for its current price though ($899).
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
What is it with people slamming all of the pre-built PC's? So you feel the price sucks, or you can build better, or its not up-gradable, or the parts are cheap, or you can't overclock, etc. etc. etc. etc., all of that is moot because this is aimed at those gamers would couldn't care less about any of those things. Looking at this purely from specs to cost ratio, this is a pretty unbeatable deal and this PC is more than good enough to run any game you throw at it. And here again, when you say 'but you can't run every game at 60 fps and max settings!!' that again is limited to pure gamers... seriously, my Asus laptop is 6 years old sporting a 560M (versus the 1060 card in this PC) and I have yet to run into a game that wouldn't play satisfactorily.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1128 posts
206 upvotes
Feneant wrote: What is it with people slamming all of the pre-built PC's? So you feel the price sucks, or you can build better, or its not up-gradable, or the parts are cheap, or you can't overclock, etc. etc. etc. etc., all of that is moot because this is aimed at those gamers would couldn't care less about any of those things. Looking at this purely from specs to cost ratio, this is a pretty unbeatable deal and this PC is more than good enough to run any game you throw at it. And here again, when you say 'but you can't run every game at 60 fps and max settings!!' that again is limited to pure gamers... seriously, my Asus laptop is 6 years old sporting a 560M (versus the 1060 card in this PC) and I have yet to run into a game that wouldn't play satisfactorily.
You need to stop playing age of empires 1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)