[Best Buy] All Facebook Portal (Webcam) Systems On Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2019 9:28 am
[OP]
Dec 2, 2012
61 posts
58 upvotes

[Best Buy] All Facebook Portal (Webcam) Systems On Sale

Best Buy currently has all of the Portal (by Facebook) camera and display systems on sale.

Facebook Portal Mini 8" with Alexa - White $109 reg $180
Facebook Portal Mini 8" with Alexa - Black$109 reg $180
Facebook Portal TV $129 reg $199
Facebook Portal 10" (2nd Gen) with Alexa - White $179 reg $250
Facebook Portal 10" (2nd Gen) with Alexa - Black $179 reg $250
Facebook Portal+ 15.6" with Alexa - White $259 reg $470
url=https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/fa ... k/13607595]Facebook Portal+ 15.6" with Alexa - Black[/url] $259 reg $470

Here is a review of the 10" unit from Mobile Syrup

The most recent update adds WhatsApp video calls even if you do not have a Facebook account. It allso supports Prime Video and Crave. It also obviously does video and voice calling through Facebook Messenger (you can also use without a Facebook account).

Might not be the hottest deal ever but if you regularly on on those video services this might be of interest for you.
Thread Summary
Better deal than directly from Facebook.
65 replies
Jan 2, 2017
386 posts
529 upvotes
You couldn't pay me enough to use a "Facebook" webcam.
Nov 21, 2016
383 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
I bought it from Facebook directly. It came in a week, but they charge NO TAX!!! So maybe that would be a better deal!

I have the portal TV and it works well for video calls to track my 2 year old who keeps running.
And I have connected the portal to a smart plug - which I can switch off whenever I am not using portal.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11208 posts
15856 upvotes
Ottawa
sacthegreat666 wrote: I bought it from Facebook directly. It came in a week, but they charge NO TAX!!! So maybe that would be a better deal!

I have the portal TV and it works well for video calls to track my 2 year old who keeps running.
And I have connected the portal to a smart plug - which I can switch off whenever I am not using portal.
Mark , is that you ?
[OP]
Dec 2, 2012
61 posts
58 upvotes
sacthegreat666 wrote: I bought it from Facebook directly. It came in a week, but they charge NO TAX!!! So maybe that would be a better deal!
The prices are currently all higher if you purchase direct from Facebook.

Also as I said in the initial post, this definitely isn't as "for everyone" deal but it is hard to overlook the steep discount especially if you are already in the niche market it targets.
Jun 28, 2013
149 posts
244 upvotes
Do yourself a favor. Log into fb and delete all your content/info till its blank. Unfortunately youll have to delete things one by one because fb doesnt want you deleting anything. I knew it would take long so i did it at work, took me about 3 weeks (20hrs) at work to completely delete everything. Since then my life has improved significantly. Fb = cancer
Nov 21, 2016
383 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
coryboehm wrote: The prices are currently all higher if you purchase direct from Facebook.

Also as I said in the initial post, this definitely isn't as "for everyone" deal but it is hard to overlook the steep discount especially if you are already in the niche market it targets.
Nope, it is not. Same Price. https://portal.facebook.com/ca/products/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7531 posts
3587 upvotes
Toronto
stephroll wrote: Mark , is that you ?
Well he covers both his webcam and mic, so wouldn't be caught dead with one of these.
Images
  • 3587856000000578-0-image-a-8_1466548290819.jpg
Jan 15, 2017
25 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
it looks like a good price for Christmas gift , but someone has experience to use Facebook Portal+ 15.6" with Alexa , how this one compare to Google hub ?
as I read it has 1/2 from Alexa smart home feature
why to buy , just for video calls ? I'm not Facebook user ..
thanks
Penalty Box
Apr 28, 2017
1490 posts
1807 upvotes
patroniton wrote: You couldn't pay me enough to use a "Facebook" webcam.
Then why bother posting? Or are you trying to be that edgy kid who is against Facebook?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1877 posts
1984 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No Facebook
No DNA genealogy service

I see those two, I hard pass
May 29, 2017
273 posts
180 upvotes
Imagine paying Zucc money so that he can spy on you with live video/audio 24/7
Last edited by codex119 on Dec 17th, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2211 posts
1112 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Then why bother posting? Or are you trying to be that edgy kid who is against Facebook?
20 people agree so. I'd say it warrants a post. Your post on the other hand...
Jan 2, 2017
386 posts
529 upvotes
User381785 wrote: Then why bother posting? Or are you trying to be that edgy kid who is against Facebook?
I'm giving my opinion on the product. If you want all sunshine and rainbows then you're in the wrong place my friend.

There are many, MANY reasons to be against Facebook and it's not "edgy" at all.

Really wish they didn't get rid of the downvote option on posts smh...
Penalty Box
Apr 28, 2017
1490 posts
1807 upvotes
patroniton wrote: I'm giving my opinion on the product. If you want all sunshine and rainbows then you're in the wrong place my friend.

There are many, MANY reasons to be against Facebook and it's not "edgy" at all.

Really wish they didn't get rid of the downvote option on posts smh...
You made no opinion about the product at all. You made a useless comment because you don't like Facebook. Go cry somewhere else if you don't like that.