Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy & Amazon.ca

Instant Pot 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker IP-DUO60 $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2017 10:43 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2696 posts
592 upvotes
North York
alkizmo wrote: Aside from the 85$ deal from last year, is this deal the second best deal even if it's recurring?

I need one of those within 3 weeks but I'd love to get practicing on it soon so if there is no need to wait...
looking at ccc, C$129 is the best typical sale price, the 85 was a one off black friday thing - I'd be surprised to see that number again.
Oct 25, 2016
189 posts
92 upvotes
These go on sale fairly often--this is a reasonable sale price.
Not the lowest I have seen (which happened once) but is low when compared to the typical sales.
Member since Feb 19, 2008
Mar 8, 2006
682 posts
212 upvotes
In term of quality and reliability, how does this unit compare to the $300 Tfal that is sold during the demo event at Costco?
Oct 25, 2016
189 posts
92 upvotes
fortune88 wrote: In term of quality and reliability, how does this unit compare to the $300 Tfal that is sold during the demo event at Costco?
I would take an instant pot over any other brand. We use it about 4 times per day for a family of 5.
Member since Feb 19, 2008
Nov 30, 2014
84 posts
117 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Bought this back in November for $85 and absolutely love it, would buy it again at this price all day long cause it is worth every penny!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
This is a repost from a couple days ago: best-buy-amazon-ca-instant-pot-7-1-pres ... 9-2095243/
That post also includes a link to Best Buy which has the same price atm.
kobemtl wrote: what's different between the OP post and the one below? it's $99 regular price.

https://www.amazon.ca/Instant-Pot-Progr ... nstant+Pot
The link you posted is from a scam seller... his reviews are all 1-star because he doesn't ship anything. Actually he has one 5-star review only because he "communicates". See reviews on the right: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aag/details/re ... LG1OMWEZEN
Last edited by RubberCheese on Apr 23rd, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 4, 2009
566 posts
425 upvotes
Calgary
ElliottGalt wrote: I would take an instant pot over any other brand. We use it about 4 times per day for a family of 5.
+1
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.
Oct 2, 2011
197 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
RubberCheese wrote: This is a repost from a couple days ago: best-buy-amazon-ca-instant-pot-7-1-pres ... 9-2095243/
That post also includes a link to Best Buy which has the same price atm.

The link you posted is from a scam seller... his reviews are all 1-star because he doesn't ship anything. Actually he has one 5-star review only because he "communicates". See reviews on the right: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aag/details/re ... LG1OMWEZEN
I see. Thanks buddy.
Jun 3, 2007
62 posts
65 upvotes
Langley
I went down today to Target Bellingham Washington they were 79.99 and oos.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1615 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone kindly summarize, why do I need a pressure cooker? My friends are raving about it while I'm still boiling food in a pot.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
TruBrush wrote: Can someone kindly summarize, why do I need a pressure cooker? My friends are raving about it while I'm still boiling food in a pot.
Summary...

You like how food from a slow cooker tastes, but you don't feel like waiting 3-6 hours for it to be done. Buy a pressure cooker. Problem solved.

Now, the instant pot solves a few more problems by doing a bunch of other things (the saute feature is the most useful for me).

The new Instant Pot "Ultra 60" version claims to do "sous vide" as well, which is amazing! https://gearpatrol.com/2017/04/21/instant-pot-ultra/

If your next question is "kindly summarize why I need sous vide?", well, just Google "sous vide steak". Absolute game changer! I'll never cook steak on the BBQ again.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14884 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
TruBrush wrote: Can someone kindly summarize, why do I need a pressure cooker? My friends are raving about it while I'm still boiling food in a pot.
Maybe you don't. Lots of people don't. Most of my friends don't.

But for some people, a device like Instant Pot can be very helpful.

It is a multifunction device, so it can save room in a kitchen (if it replaces devices, not adds to them!).

I like hummus. With the IP I can buy inexpensive dried chickpeas, cook them in the IP in less than an hour, and get on with making the hummus inexpensively. My hummus is probably one-the the cost of store bought, is fresher, and I can make it how I (or guests) like it. More or less garlic? More or less lemon? Chipotle hummus? Roasted red pepper hummus? Cilantro hummus?

Yesterday I made black beans in an hour, then made rice in about 20 minutes, then made puerco en mole poblano (pork in a dark Mexican sauce) in less than an hour. That might sound like a lot of work, but the IP is essentially "set and forget". I didn't have to watch anything while any dish was cooking.

I sometimes cook ribs using the pressure cook function, then finish them off in the oven or on the BBQ. Other times I use the IP slow cooker function and cook the ribs that way.

But for lots of people I know, a toaster oven, a microwave and a stovetop is all they need or want.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
I made steel cut oats in this thing the other day and I think it's the tastiest breakfast treat I've ever had. It was enough for 4-5 servings too and reheated extremely well the next day. I can make the most delicious chili in about 20-30 minutes. I hated brown rice until I got this thing, it makes perfectly moist and delicious brown rice every time in 20 minutes. The ribs I made for guests received a lot of compliments and got a bunch of people interested in it. I thought a one pot bolognese was pushing it but it came out really nice after a stir.

It's not good for everything but it does many things very well. It's also pretty convenient, you just set it up and go do other stuff. I still use my BBQ and the odd time I use the oven but I use this probably 2-4 times a week. Its just super versatile, you can saute, steam, slow cook, pressure cook, etc. It's pretty much replaced my rice cooker and crockpot as well as significantly reduced use of our oven.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
if you go down to the US - you can get the new Ultra model for roughly $50 CAD more... it's $120 USD after 20% off coupon (code: FRESH17) - after 35% FX rate, NY state tax, warehouse holding fee, and ON tax bringing back across the border, roughly $200 CAD... I'm tempted. Been waiting for DUO to go $100 mark, might just go with the Ultra.

https://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO- ... rm=1122587
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14884 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
I usually use a Zojirushi for cooking rice. I found that when I use the IP i would get some rice sticking to the bottom of the pot. (I'm in Mexico right now, so I don't have my Zojirushi.) Then I started using a pot-in-pot technique for cooking the rice.

A few months ago there was a thread on RFD about Costco.ca selling T-Fal Ingenio pots. These pots come with a detachable handle. I put the rice and water into the Ingenio Pot without the handle; put some water into the IP pot; put the rack into the IP pot; put the Ingenio pot into the IP; then put the IP pot into the IP. The rice cooks well with no sticking.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Jun 15, 2010
192 posts
120 upvotes
Richmond
MexiCanuck wrote: I usually use a Zojirushi for cooking rice. I found that when I use the IP i would get some rice sticking to the bottom of the pot. (I'm in Mexico right now, so I don't have my Zojirushi.) Then I started using a pot-in-pot technique for cooking the rice.

A few months ago there was a thread on RFD about Costco.ca selling T-Fal Ingenio pots. These pots come with a detachable handle. I put the rice and water into the Ingenio Pot without the handle; put some water into the IP pot; put the rack into the IP pot; put the Ingenio pot into the IP; then put the IP pot into the IP. The rice cooks well with no sticking.
you are a genius, never thought to use those ingenio pots.... to think that I almost bought a smaller pot to do Pot in Pot.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Weird that you got rice sticking to the bottom, mine came with a stainless steel pot that I clean after each use to make sure the bottom is clear of other debris. The only time I get anything sticking is if my water ratio is off.

Thanks for the PiP tip, I was looking at those evokana pots on amazon.com but this will save me a trip to the states to pick them up.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)