Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Apple Watch Series 3 - $399.99 for 38mm (GPS Version)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2018 10:49 pm
Nov 28, 2013
150 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Apple Watch Series 3 - $399.99 for 38mm (GPS Version)

Best Buy has the Apple Watch (Series 3) at a $30 discount. It's $399.99 for the 38mm GPS Version & 489.99 for the GPS + Celular version. Not much of a savings, but it's generally hard to find discounts on Apple products - so I figured I would share for whoever is interested.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/sc-90053/a ... 3_Wearable
Last edited by jsands on Jul 18th, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
I was interested in buying an Apple Watch until I learned that they had to be charged almost daily, is this the case for all smart watches?

Pretty disappointing because the last thing I need is another device to charge, especially a watch that we are so accustomed to lasting forever.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
Rockstead wrote: I was interested in buying an Apple Watch until I learned that they had to be charged almost daily, is this the case for all smart watches?

Pretty disappointing because the last thing I need is another device to charge, especially a watch that we are so accustomed to lasting forever.
Obviously I would prefer not to, but it's not as big of a deal as you might think. Charging is very fast, even a 30 minute charge will give you a good amount of battery life. Either leave it on the stand overnight or if you really want sleep tracking, just place it on the stand (buy a $10 stand- no more fumbling with charger orientation!) when you wake up, do your morning routine and pick it up before you leave home. The battery also lasts almost 2 days in my experience. What really burns through the battery are outdoor workouts without an iPhone.. I wouldn't be confident that I could finish a marathon while playing music, relying on just the Apple Watch for tracking.
Last edited by lhsonic on Jul 18th, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Removed external link in signature.
Jan 2, 2018
459 posts
393 upvotes
Rockstead wrote: I was interested in buying an Apple Watch until I learned that they had to be charged almost daily, is this the case for all smart watches?

I have this exact watch and charge it every 3 days. It charges quickly.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

It hasn't been an issue for me, i have the original watch and the battery lasts a full day, my SO has the S3 and hers will last 2 days easily. We keep them on the nightstand when we sleep and they're great as nightstand clocks (only light up when touching the table). If you're not sure if its for you just buy from Apple to test it out for 14 days. They also charge very quickly people who sleep with them can charge them while they shower.

Honestly my co-workers have the android smart watches and they're junk by comparison.
May 19, 2012
422 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a 42mm from staples, price match to bestbuy, and use $30Coupon
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
Since when is a $30 discount on a $420 watch considered a "hot deal"?
Last edited by Glancealot on Jul 18th, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
I definitely won’t go with a cellular version and I use my iPhone for music , is this the best / newest version out?

I like the gps options for tracking my running, does it compare to my old Garmin that had a chest strap to accurately monitor heart beat?

Any reason to consider another version of an Apple Watch or another brand?

I don’t currently own a watch and I haven’t for many years, but I’m really active on my iPhone 7 Plus, do you find you have changed your phone habits since using an Apple Watch?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11816 upvotes
Calgary

Setting it on its charger when you sleep is such a deal breaker.
Nov 28, 2013
150 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
wolfpack27616 wrote: Hi OP- Thanks for posting this. Could you please change the price of Cellular model to $489.99.
Whoops. Sorry about that. I’ve updated the post to reflect the correct price for the GPS + cellular model.
Jan 2, 2018
459 posts
393 upvotes
Rockstead wrote: I definitely won’t go with a cellular version and I use my iPhone for music , is this the best / newest version out?

I like the gps options for tracking my running, does it compare to my old Garmin that had a chest strap to accurately monitor heart beat?

I don’t currently own a watch and I haven’t for many years, but I’m really active on my iPhone 7 Plus, do you find you have changed your phone habits since using an Apple Watch?
Series 4 is set to come out in September, so subsequently you could get a newer model for similar price or a discounted Series 3 by waiting.

Series 0 are pretty much useless now since they won't be able to download the newest update, I've heard they're pretty slow to open apps etc. but if you don't care about that they'll be dirt cheap. Series 1/2 are still decent but don't come with full waterproofing, and the Series 1 has no GPS. The battery life is considerably better on the S3.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
Rockstead wrote: I definitely won’t go with a cellular version and I use my iPhone for music , is this the best / newest version out?

It would be the perfect run companion if there was a Spotify offline app, but there isn't. The Apple Watch has one of the most accurate heart rate sensors on a watch and the readings are usually on par with my heart rate chest strap.. the difference is the chest strap never had drop outs whereas I get quite a few on the watch during a run or especially during a HIIT workout. You can pair a strap with the watch if that's important to you.

This is the best Apple Watch model today. I'm sure there will be a new model in a few months/next year so if you don't need one today, I'd wait as you'll either be able to pick up a better watch or the same watch for less come release day. Last year, Apple released a much better watch than its predecessor and lowered the price.. so it was a clear winner for me.

I didn't wear a watch for years either but now I habitually look at my wrist versus taking out my phone for the time. It's also great for notifications, just turn off annoying frequent ones. Nice to take a call from the watch or reply to a message without touching your phone when you're feeling lazy.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5156 posts
1315 upvotes
London

Daily? I charge mine every 2-3 days. People must be on their watch non-stop.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1192 posts
475 upvotes
GTA, ON
spham wrote: Daily? I charge mine every 2-3 days. People must be on their watch non-stop.
Depends on many factors- including Activity. If you walk/run for 1-2 hours a day (with GPS), it can drain the battery and need you to charge once a day.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
Does the series 3 support wireless charging? If not does the series 4?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
wait for series 4 late in september , saving 30$ on series 3 is not enought but its Apple politic to keep the prices at a level to make people think its still hot.
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Aug 11, 2005
72 posts
101 upvotes
I charge mine daily, but found out you can easily last 2 days on it. This is what pretty much everyone is getting unless you do workouts each and single day for like 2-3 hours.

Love mine. Don't see myself without one.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3254 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto

Well ya exactly...i been low key interested in apple watch, but i have an automatic tag that i've worn nonstop for six years and never wound and its been around the world and in many oceans and hasnt skipped a beat... Its like do i really wanna throw u in a drawer and go with a watch for notifications? Lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)