Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] ASUS VivoBook 15.6" Laptop $599 - (FHD/AMD Quad Core R5-3500U/512GB SSD/12GB RAM/Windows 10)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2020 6:29 pm
[OP]
Member
Sep 4, 2017
200 posts
367 upvotes

[Best Buy] ASUS VivoBook 15.6" Laptop $599 - (FHD/AMD Quad Core R5-3500U/512GB SSD/12GB RAM/Windows 10)

Pretty good deal for the specs:

Solid-State Drive Capacity: 512 GB
RAM Size: 12 GB
Screen Size: 15.6 in
Native Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Processor Type: AMD Quad Core R5-3500U

cons:
bilingual kb, no backlit kb, no touchscreen, 200nits
41 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 6, 2007
1125 posts
435 upvotes
Montreal, QC
WOW, the thin bezels look good.
Newbie
Nov 27, 2018
23 posts
5 upvotes
JohnF100 wrote: Pretty good deal for the specs:

Solid-State Drive Capacity: 512 GB
RAM Size: 12 GB
Screen Size: 15.6 in
Native Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Processor Type: AMD Quad Core R5-3500U

cons:
bilingual kb, no backlit kb, no touchscreen, 200nits
Are you sure about the no backlit keyboard? It sounds like all the VivoBooks have backlights?
Newbie
Feb 16, 2020
2 posts
4 upvotes
How does this laptop compare to the Flex 14 deal from a month ago? Details of the other deal below:


lenovo-canada-flex-14-ryzen-3500u-584-9 ... r-2347815/

Configuration Details
● Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500U (2.10GHz, up to 3.70GHz with Max Boost, 4MB Cache)
● Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
● Display Type: 14.0" FHD (1920x1080) IPS, glossy, touchscreen, 250 nits
● Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400MHz (4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM)
● Hard Drive: 256GB SSD PCIe
● Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
● Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics
● Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 4.2
● Camera: 720p HD
● Fingerprint Reader: Fingerprint Reader
● Keyboard: Backlit - French
● Wireless: Lenovo Wireless AC (2 x 2)
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2009
872 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
thumos wrote: How does this laptop compare to the Flex 14 deal from a month ago? Details of the other deal below:


lenovo-canada-flex-14-ryzen-3500u-584-9 ... r-2347815/

Configuration Details
● Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500U (2.10GHz, up to 3.70GHz with Max Boost, 4MB Cache)
● Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
● Display Type: 14.0" FHD (1920x1080) IPS, glossy, touchscreen, 250 nits
● Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400MHz (4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM)
● Hard Drive: 256GB SSD PCIe
● Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
● Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics
● Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 4.2
● Camera: 720p HD
● Fingerprint Reader: Fingerprint Reader
● Keyboard: Backlit - French
● Wireless: Lenovo Wireless AC (2 x 2)
I have the ASUS vivobook but have played with the Flex 4 a bit at the microsoft store. I'd say although the bezels are thinner on the Vivobook I definitely regret not getting the Flex, it just felt like an overall better built laptop. I prefer glossy displays over matte so I could be biased. Note the display on the vivobook is also brighter than the Flex 4 but the display on the vivobook looks completely washed out when not viewed from straight-on.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2149 posts
604 upvotes
vivobooks are great, the compact numpad is nice for people who need one
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 3, 2004
5905 posts
549 upvotes
I no longer follow computer trends and have not used an AMD processor in 15 Years. What is the Intel equivalent of this one?
Sr. Member
Dec 17, 2017
805 posts
847 upvotes
In before someone craps on the bilingual keyboard.
Sr. Member
Dec 17, 2017
805 posts
847 upvotes
champ91 wrote: I no longer follow computer trends and have not used an AMD processor in 15 Years. What is the Intel equivalent of this one?
Something that is way above it's price point, that's for sure.
Sr. Member
Nov 19, 2005
995 posts
394 upvotes
Has anyone had to deal with ASUS warranty/support? Are they as shitty as Lenovo or any better?
[Mod's fried brains]
Sr. Member
Oct 13, 2012
886 posts
1342 upvotes
Looks terrible with a washed out TN panel screen unless you only care about the specs. Otherwise, it is a decent deal.
Jr. Member
Jun 8, 2019
151 posts
280 upvotes
3.5 pounds??? Are you kidding me? how does this weigh so much??? I have 4-year-old LG Gram 15 inch laptop which weighs 2 pounds. This is 2020 and this monster still weighs almost 2x more, without a GPU or anything worthy the weight.
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Newbie
Aug 15, 2016
1 posts
bilaliz wrote: Has anyone had to deal with ASUS warranty/support? Are they as shitty as Lenovo or any better?
Il can't Tell for Lenovo, but I sent a Zenfone 2 for warranty a few years ans everything went fine.

Top