Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Asus ZenBook UX430 14" Laptop $799

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2017 10:09 pm
Apr 5, 2017
2 posts
6 upvotes

[Best Buy] Asus ZenBook UX430 14" Laptop $799

Best Buy has the new UX430 on sale for $799 down from $899.

The UX430 is the 14 inch version of the popular 13 inch UX330 while being only 2.4mm thicker and 0.05kg heavier. The length and depth stay the same (much smaller screen bezels).

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS-ZenBook-UX430UQ/

Not many reviews are out since this laptop seems to be release only in Europe and Canada within the last couple weeks. Here is the most detailed one: http://www.ultrabookreview.com/14425-as ... 30-review/

I can't seem to find another North American retailer carrying this model, but the cheapest I can find it in Europe is EUR799 = CAD 1140. The reviewer also expects the MSRP to be $899 USD for this model so it very well could be a price error on Best Buy Canada.
18 replies
Jan 22, 2008
844 posts
413 upvotes
Ottawa
Looks like it has a bilingual keyboard according to the Best Buy reviews (that's a negative for some like myself), and there are still complaints about the fan noise. I returned the UX330UA because the fan noise is way too loud and it kicks in way to early.
Apr 5, 2017
2 posts
6 upvotes
Freelancer wrote: Looks like it has a bilingual keyboard according to the Best Buy reviews (that's a negative for some like myself), and there are still complaints about the fan noise. I returned the UX330UA because the fan noise is way too loud and it kicks in way to early.
From the comments of the review it seems to be quite easy to fix the fan noise by changing the fan profile to the Zenbook Flip. Seems like Asus has the fan curve too aggressive and the Flip profile won't have the fan spin until 60C, well below the max of 100C so shouldn't cause any long term problems. I wouldn't be surprised if Asus fixes this in a firmware update as this model is still very new.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2908 posts
3089 upvotes
Markham
Seems like a decent Laptop.
Thank you OP.
-------
Thank you
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1325 posts
1335 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: Seems like a decent Laptop.
Thank you OP.
I saw there is an open box one at somewhere else , the price was $745. So this price for a brand new zen book definitely is a good price.
Feb 3, 2017
97 posts
7 upvotes
It's an alright deal to be honest. The slim bezel is great, but the single soldered DIMM slot and no available M.2 slot is a deal breaker to me for this price.
Nov 17, 2016
1 posts
Does anyone know if you can charge it with the USB c port?
May 10, 2007
48 posts
15 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
As owner of a previous generation Zenbook, I recommend the hell out of these things. They're tiny, indestructible (I'm a klutz), and generally way cheaper than comparables from IBM/Dell.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1456 upvotes
dnfm wrote: As owner of a previous generation Zenbook, I recommend the hell out of these things. They're tiny, indestructible (I'm a klutz), and generally way cheaper than comparables from IBM/Dell.
I agree! (see my signature)

Acanac Internet 50/10 FTTN $36 24 months; $61 afterwards
Oct 10, 2004
361 posts
62 upvotes
I bought the ux330ua, it's true the fan goes on too early, but install notebook fan controller and the problem is solved. When I saw this on sale for 799 at bb, I purchase another one for the wife.

Nothing else compares with it in terms of price. For a sub $1000 laptop. The size and quality, uncomparable.
Aug 3, 2006
3 posts
1 upvote
I purchased the UX430 last weekend and think its a great machine for the price. Fast, solid construction and similar to Mac Air in looks.

Very happy
Aug 26, 2006
777 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal Area
I bought the ux330ua-ds74n for about 1300 tax in at canadacomputer 2 weeks ago. Comes with i7 7500u, 16 gb ram, 512 ssd. In my opinion its a better deal.

799 + qc tax = 915.85$ vs 1300.

This is a hot deal but i need the upgrades.

Love the metal finishing, feels very premium!
Banned
Apr 6, 2017
28 posts
2 upvotes
I need a new computer and I've always used a PC but I'm curious about switching to MAC I don't know though to me doesn't seem like the hassle of reprogramming myself. I've used an Asus before and I'm comfortable, anybody have any experience with this model?
Sep 5, 2006
656 posts
479 upvotes
Calgary
YvesChang wrote: I need a new computer and I've always used a PC but I'm curious about switching to MAC I don't know though to me doesn't seem like the hassle of reprogramming myself. I've used an Asus before and I'm comfortable, anybody have any experience with this model?
Haven't used this exact model, but I've got another UX series laptop and they tend to be on the higher end of the build quality scale when it comes to Windows laptops.

If there isn't some particular piece of software that you need that's only available on a Mac then, IMO, you're better off sticking with a Windows laptop. I say this mostly because of price, not because of the small amount of effort to learn your way around OSX.

I've even started recommending Chromebooks occasionally to people who primarily just need a browser to run web apps (and now Android apps too).
Banned
Apr 6, 2017
28 posts
2 upvotes
davidclegg wrote: Haven't used this exact model, but I've got another UX series laptop and they tend to be on the higher end of the build quality scale when it comes to Windows laptops.

If there isn't some particular piece of software that you need that's only available on a Mac then, IMO, you're better off sticking with a Windows laptop. I say this mostly because of price, not because of the small amount of effort to learn your way around OSX.

I've even started recommending Chromebooks occasionally to people who primarily just need a browser to run web apps (and now Android apps too).
Yea valid points. I'm currently using an ASUS and I've always been comfortable with a PC. I have always used the Iphone which is what has intrigued me towards MAC, but I'm getting all the function I need right now out of my PC and as you mentioned, I don't think I need to be spending the extra dollars on a MAC.
Apr 1, 2003
335 posts
102 upvotes
Victoria
I've been watching this one for a couple of weeks hoping it will drop down to $799 again. We are planning on giving it as a graduation gift to our son for university. Any follow up reviews/complaints? The equivalent Acer is on sale for $799.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ace ... lang=en-ca
Mar 19, 2007
327 posts
161 upvotes
London
tkboyz wrote: I bought the ux330ua-ds74n for about 1300 tax in at canadacomputer 2 weeks ago. Comes with i7 7500u, 16 gb ram, 512 ssd. In my opinion its a better deal.

799 + qc tax = 915.85$ vs 1300.

This is a hot deal but i need the upgrades.

Love the metal finishing, feels very premium!
Where did you get it? Thanks.