Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[BB/Staples/Amazon] HP Envy 4520 All-in-One Inkjet Instant-Ink Eligible Printer $36

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2018 1:55 pm
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener

[BB/Staples/Amazon] HP Envy 4520 All-in-One Inkjet Instant-Ink Eligible Printer $36

Price:
$36
Savings:
$64 OFF
Expiry:
June 29, 2018
Update 6/29: back to $100 at BB, deal is on again ;)

Update 6/22: BB (as expected) lowered the price to $50 so PM savings is just 80 cents ;)

Staples has the HP Envy 4520 on sale for $42 (till June 27th).
https://www.staples.ca/en/HP-Envy-4520- ... CA_1_20001

Also on sale at Amazon
https://www.amazon.ca/HP-Wireless-Print ... 013SKI4LU/

BB still has it for $100
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp ... 95597.aspx

There is a PM'ing opportunity at BB (before they catch up and lower their own price) for $36

This printer is instant ink eligible and can be used with the free 15 pages a month plan.

Good luck

112 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4166 posts
6803 upvotes
Langley, BC
Nice price. Costco has this on for the same price sometimes. Picked one up for my parents a while ago. It's eligible for the HP Instant Ink free 15 pages/month thing as well.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5954 posts
1588 upvotes
Toronto
Thnx op I need a new printer
Mar 27, 2012
357 posts
335 upvotes
416 to the 905
Just reserved one online at Best Buy.
Will go Tonite and Price Match it with Staples.
Thanks OP.
***First Hour of my day starts with RFD and a Coffee....then I start my actual Work Day***
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough
Bought this back in March from Amazon for a few bucks more than this. Besides randomly losing wireless connection once it's been working out great.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5090 posts
5530 upvotes
Toronto
thx also in the market for a printer
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2097 posts
1775 upvotes
AB
Excellent printer. You can also carry over up to 10 unused pages to the next month if you are on a free 15 page/month plan.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
TomRFD wrote: Bought this back in March from Amazon for a few bucks more than this. Besides randomly losing wireless connection once it's been working out great.
Got mine back in April as well (from Staples for $40) to be used exclusively for photo printing.
Waiting to finish the starter ink to register the printer for instant-ink, but 2 months and 12 8x11 photos (8 BW and 4 Color) later and it's still going strong.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
.fess wrote: Excellent printer. You can also carry over up to 10 unused pages to the next month if you are on a free 15 page/month plan.
That is news to me, I thought there is no carry-over with the free plan.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4768 posts
4985 upvotes
East GTA
Definitely an amazing printer if you don't print often. I got one for my parents a while ago and bought one for myself before my wedding. Heavily used their free trial to print things for the day (over 200 stickers for our wedding favours, still have ink). It only cost me $20 for the Avery stickers. Vista Print was quoting me over $100 for the same exact size. I got a printer and the sticker paper for less...

It's a fantastic alternative to a laser printer as you get 'free' ink if you only print a couple pages a month.

What I love most about it is the remote print functionality. I was in Greece for my honeymoon and had to print something out for my dad to post in my garage for people coming to do our driveway. I "emailed" the file to the printer and it worked perfectly.
IMG_20180521_122827469.jpg
Last edited by NoSoup4You on Jun 20th, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4768 posts
4985 upvotes
East GTA
aasoror wrote: That is news to me, I thought there is no carry-over with the free plan.
Yes I recently found this out too. You don't see the roll-over until you reach the limit for some reason. I noticed it on my parents' account.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8178 posts
9535 upvotes
Vancouver
aasoror wrote: Got mine back in April as well (from Staples for $40) to be used exclusively for photo printing.
Waiting to finish the starter ink to register the printer for instant-ink, but 2 months and 12 8x11 photos (8 BW and 4 Color) later and it's still going strong.
Shouldn't you save the starter cartridges to use after, if you decide to cancel Instant Ink?

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough
aasoror wrote: Waiting to finish the starter ink to register the printer for instant-ink, but 2 months and 12 8x11 photos (8 BW and 4 Color) later and it's still going strong.
I wish I had done that. I registered the printer right away. Still on my original ink too and I've printed quite a bit.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
newfbc wrote: Shouldn't you save the starter cartridges to use after, if you decide to cancel Instant Ink?

Ron.
The cartridge included are instant ink ones, if they were installed when the printer is enrolled for instant ink they would have been linked and you wouldn't be able to use them without an active subscription (if one wanted to save them then they should be kept sealed and I needed to make sure that the printer works). Also, why cancel a "free plan", this is the reason I bought the printer to start with ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4245 posts
2608 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Thanks OP! Sounds tempting... have been using a laser printer for quite a while now and haven't had colour (cartridges were way too $$$). This one sounds like it might be good because of the instant ink plan? I've been of the opinion that the companies should give the printer free (or almost free) as the big money is with the ink. (my 2 cents)

Has anyone been able to do the PM? I'm wondering if there are any issues with the model numbers? The Staples description shows "HP® Envy 4520 All-in-One Inkjet Printer (F0V69A#B1H)" whereas the Best Buy site shows "HP Envy 4520 Wireless Colour All-In-One Inkjet Printer, Model #: 4520" ?

Might check it out this afternoon...
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4129 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto
Question: if you you are on the free plan and go up to one of the paid subs i.e. $3.99/month,
is it true that you cannot go back down to the free plan afterwards??
I'm thinking of just setting up a second printer to go on the free plan as well rather than bumping up to a paid plan for ocasional times I need to print a bit more pages for the month.
Only issue with that is my wife will hate seeing 2 printers in the house.
btw, love instant ink.
got a pack of cheap 4x6 photo paper- 50 sheets for $1.25 at DollarTree
not the greatest quality but good enough for printing cheap "photo invitations" to give out.
ie. i just threw something together quickly with some party clipart and superhero jpegs I snatched off the web and slapped my son's birthday party info on it so he can hand them out to his friends/classmates.
*hope marvel/DC doesn't sue me for copyright infringement ;-P
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39292 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
what does it mean 15 pages a month?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4166 posts
6803 upvotes
Langley, BC
divx wrote: what does it mean 15 pages a month?
you can print 15 pages a month on their free Instant Ink subscription (they provide the ink).
Jun 7, 2008
348 posts
30 upvotes
How long the free instant ink plan last? Forever or only few months?
Apr 24, 2012
640 posts
1021 upvotes
Vancouver
Fightguard wrote: Question: if you you are on the free plan and go up to one of the paid subs i.e. $3.99/month,
is it true that you cannot go back down to the free plan afterwards??
True. From https://instantink.hpconnected.com/ca/en

Can I cancel or change my plan anytime?
Yes. You may cancel your service or change plans at any time without penalty. To change your plan or cancel your service, sign in at hpinstantink.com. Under My Account on the Home Screen, click Change Plan. You can choose to make a plan upgrade effective immediately and retroactively apply to the current billing cycle, or have the upgrade take effect the first day of the next billing cycle. Plan downgrade changes and cancellation are effective the first day of the next billing cycle. The $0 plan is an introductory offer and only available as a plan choice at enrollment. For more details, see the HP Instant Ink Terms of Service.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)