19 posts
33 upvotes
New Westminster

[Best Buy] Best Buy in-store only Tile bluetooth tracker 14.99 reg 29.99

Seems like great stocking stuffers
Images
  • IMG_20171117_163321.jpg
  • IMG_20171117_163753.jpg
Last edited by kmk667 on Nov 17th, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1838 posts
830 upvotes
GTA
Any pictures or receipt?
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11045 posts
2599 upvotes
Which store?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
May 9, 2013
19 posts
33 upvotes
New Westminster
Richmond Lansdowne mall
Feb 6, 2002
450 posts
10 upvotes
Do these things really work? I've read mixed reviews.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1283 posts
768 upvotes
Vancouver
https://www.amazon.com/Tile-Mate-Finder ... 01L3VEC08/

When they first came out, the reviews were awful. But I just noticed that there seem to be lots of good customer.

NOTE: 1 YEAR LIIFESPAN FOR BATTERY -- THEN YOU HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE

Some had it last less than one year. Others complain that you're limited by the Bluetooth range. Having said all that, there are thousands of satisfied people who feel $15-25 is a lifesaver when needed. $15 in Canada is a great price to try it out.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2622 posts
1428 upvotes
Kitchener
RxMills wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 9:56 pm

NOTE: 1 YEAR LIIFESPAN FOR BATTERY -- THEN YOU HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE

None replaceable battery?? WOW...

I have an Orbit, which works pretty good - at least when I have misplaced the phone and keys, in both situations, I knew they were still local because of it.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Mar 22, 2013
731 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t get these. I’ve had them for a year, and they were great, but now the batteries are dying and their discount only works on the US site and will cost almost $100 to replace.

They don’t even need to have non user replaceable batteries. There’s another brand that has a similar product and with user replaceable batteries, just search amazon for Bluetooth tracker.

I had a buddy open up the four I bought, and he successfully replaced the batteries on 3, and glued them back up. Now the app still nags me all the time.

Not recommended.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11045 posts
2599 upvotes
I have some of the knock off type devices, and while they work for finding your items, I have never understood how you can see where it is on a map? is it just based on when your device was last connected to it? I know most mention social usage for location, but still confused on the whole thing.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1283 posts
768 upvotes
Vancouver
I found this comment from the company...

"By taking advantage of our community, Tile can be used in three chronological ways to avoid ever misplacing your belongings again - and it starts when your app on your phone and Tile are right next to each other!

1.) WHEN IT'S NEARBY: You can check the companion app on your phone to see if it's close enough to ring it (between 30-100 feet away from your phone)!

2.) THE MAP: is there for to help you retrace your steps. If you've left your Tile behind somewhere (farther than 30-100 feet away), you can see the last time and place where you last had it. The imperative is to leave your app open and running all day long for the best and most accurate location.

3. COMMUNITY: If it's absolutely nowhere in sight, then finally, you can choose "Notify when found" in the app. When you choose this button anyone with the app open and running and on their phones will automatically & anonymously send you an update of when and where your Tile was located if they passively walk by it. Though, we recommend asking friends and family to download the app if you have to use this feature. More often than not, your belongings are in familiar places. "

If the battery is sealed and always activated since leaving their factory, that would explain why some units last one year and some last 4-6 months. It may depend how long they've been on the store shelf.
Dec 10, 2008
202 posts
93 upvotes
mavvee wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 9:49 pm
Do these things really work? I've read mixed reviews.
Yes, they work great at letting advertisers track your location history.
Jul 3, 2009
19 posts
10 upvotes
Absolutely piece of junk. I thrown mine in garbage. Did not work at airport when I had it in my bag. Power strength is not strong enough to detect it. I put it in my wallet and when my wallet got stuck in my couch, dam piece of $!!!!t couldn't be detected in my own house. Waste of money