• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2018 9:59 am
[OP]
Nov 2, 2004
219 posts
71 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] Best Buy: Trackr Bravo Bluetooth key tracker

I lost my keys again last weekend, decided to check out prices for key trackers. (Found my keys after an hour of hunting.)

Found these Trackrs at 3 for $30, or $10 each.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/tr ... 38814.aspx?

Comparable prices
3 for $60 at Best Buy.
8 for $100 at Best Buy.
1 for $30 at Bed Bath & Beyond

Note: Prices may be different because the products are different generations. I can't tell.

Review at Tom's Guide.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/trackr-bra ... -5007.html

Mixed reviews all around, but for $10 a piece, I'll try it out. I'm hoping the separation alarm works well — I also keep leaving my keys at work and it would be nice for my phone to tell me that I'm walking away from my keys.
6 replies
Nov 21, 2011
119 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure a 1.7/5 with 17 reviews can be considered "mixed"... seems pretty negative to me.
Sep 8, 2013
84 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
This trackr is absolute scam. The "test" that app is running at startup is a fake animation, that goes the same way no matter the distance. I got bunch of them and all ended in the garbage. The tests showed useless.
Sep 28, 2010
57 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Trackr did not work well or me. I returned it and bought the Tile. It's still working a year later though its telling me to replace it as the battery is running low. Just tested it and was able to find my keys.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5096 posts
867 upvotes
Montreal
I was interested in the Tile tracker at one time but backed off because of the 1 year battery life limitation. The idea have having to replace the tracker every year was a deal breaker. Then I tried the cheap trackers from China - pure junk.

Eventually, bought the a 2 Volback package from Costco when they decided to liquidate it. I have one and my wife has the other on our key chains. The Volback's battery is supposed to be good for 5 years. The downside is that the Volback is a bit more bulky.

In fact, my wife couldn't find her keys last weekend. We found them thanks to the Volback. She had left them in the door lock. That was the second time the Volback helped us in the past year. The first time was when I had attached the Volback improperly to the keychain. It fell off and I was able to find it in our car.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5096 posts
867 upvotes
Montreal
Reading the Trackr reviews on Amazon, it seems like although the battery is replaceable, battery drain is pretty severe and people are changing them every few weeks.
Phils