Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Blink XT2 Security Camera(s) + Free Amazon Echo Dot Packages ($94.99+)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 1:31 pm
Jun 5, 2016
31 posts
62 upvotes
SWstriker17 wrote: How are people using the Wyze cams outside? I swear they need to be plugged in??? I don't have outlets high up on my house....
I going to try mounting one of my wyze cams in the recessed pot light outside my garage using this bulb to ac adapter which would allow the Wyze pa to connect all while out of reach.

GE Polarized Handy Plug, 2 Pack,... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002DN6QX2?ref ... b_ap_share
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18704 posts
5739 upvotes
Kooze84 wrote: I going to try mounting one of my wyze cams in the recessed pot light outside my garage using this bulb to ac adapter which would allow the Wyze pa to connect all while out of reach.

GE Polarized Handy Plug, 2 Pack,... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002DN6QX2?ref ... b_ap_share
wow..i didn't even know this thing exist! brilliant!
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3481 posts
1775 upvotes
kiasu wrote: wow..i didn't even know this thing exist! brilliant!
Lol, it's only been around for over 40 years. That was how we used to plug our outdoor christmas lights, back in the day.

The only problem is that you better make sure that light switch stays on.
Oct 22, 2017
145 posts
176 upvotes
Ordered the 3 pack + echo show + echo dot online on Black Friday.

Tried setting up a camera and wasn’t happy with the performance and went to return it tonight at the store before the holiday return policy was up.

Printed out the PDF receipt that has all of the items on it (Show was $5 and Dot was $0) and was able to return the 3 pack by itself ($249.99) and the clerk didn’t even ask about the other items (I had them in the bag just in case they asked)
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
2005 posts
691 upvotes
GTA
DonWong23 wrote: Ordered the 3 pack + echo show + echo dot online on Black Friday.

Tried setting up a camera and wasn’t happy with the performance and went to return it tonight at the store before the holiday return policy was up.

Printed out the PDF receipt that has all of the items on it (Show was $5 and Dot was $0) and was able to return the 3 pack by itself ($249.99) and the clerk didn’t even ask about the other items (I had them in the bag just in case they asked)
Can you elaborate a bit on the poor performance?
Oct 22, 2017
145 posts
176 upvotes
malaujai wrote: Can you elaborate a bit on the poor performance?
I tried setting up a camera outside and it was really tough to get a live feed or even to take a snapshot of currently what’s happening.

I’m sure a lot of it has to do with my internet speed and range (I do have Shaw 300) and my router is in central location in my house. But I moved the Blink hub to a few different places in my house and it was just a poor connection outside where I wanted to place it. My house isn’t that large but I need it in a specific spot and even moving the hub closer to the camera didn’t help.

It was a colder evening (-20’ish) so maybe that played a factor

I didn’t even bother testing notifications as I assumed it would be poor considering I couldn’t even get a live feed/snapshot to appear.

The camera worked fine when I was testing it out inside but I figured it was best to return it before the return policy expired.

The clerk that took my return at Best Buy mentioned that there’s been a decent amount of returns and she said if it’s colder than -18 than they don’t tend to work from what she heard.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
Guys, I am in a dilemma about XT2 or Arlo Pro 2, what do you guys recommend? how has your experience been with XT2 since many of you bought it. Please advise. Thanks

Also I have been running Wyze Cam outdoor with the outdoor cover, on a covered porch, so far its been running for 2 months, no issues overall. Last app update did disconnect it from the App (it kept recording locally on the SD) but I had to reconnect it to App by scanning QR.

Alro Pro 2 are on sale in the US, looking to get in on the deal with door bell and now that they have Apple HomeKit support as well.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1457 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone mount these into brick or mortar? Which screws did you use?

Thanks!
JS

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)