Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Blue XBOX ONE S Limited Edition Console + Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition Game Bundle - $299

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2017 10:57 am
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Blue XBOX ONE S Limited Edition Console + Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition Game Bundle - $299

Best Buy has the blue XBOX ONE S 500GB limited edition console bundled with the Halo 5: Guardians limited edition game on sale for $299.99.
18 replies
Feb 24, 2009
551 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
That is one sexy console! Seems like a hot deal to me. Thoughts, RFD friends? :)
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto
RageOfFury wrote: That is one sexy console! Seems like a hot deal to me. Thoughts, RFD friends? :)
It is a good deal if you're interested in the colour and limited edition game, but for $29 more dollars you can pick up the grey console from the Microsoft Store which comes with 4 games including Halo 5.

Here is the link to it: Grey XBOX ONE S Bundle
Feb 24, 2009
551 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
WH0WHAT wrote: It is a good deal if you're interested in the colour and limited edition game, but for $29 more dollars you can pick up the grey console from the Microsoft Store which comes with 4 games including Halo 5.

Sweet! Thanks
Jul 23, 2012
521 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
WH0WHAT wrote: It is a good deal if you're interested in the colour and limited edition game, but for $29 more dollars you can pick up the grey console from the Microsoft Store which comes with 4 games including Halo 5.

Like many, holding out on scorpio but some of the bundles for the one S are quite enticing! You should post this link into your opening post as it's quite good as well.
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2017
262 posts
213 upvotes
Considering the Blue consoles are considered by many ugly this sale is a matter of taste.
So many people returned them at xmas time.

The Halo games can be had at a massive discount and are worth maybe $20.
The white Xbox One deals at $329 with Halo + GOW, BF 1, Forza 3, Minecraft are better for most. Better games and not an ugly blue color.
Dec 21, 2014
280 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
beneran89 wrote: Like many, holding out on scorpio but some of the bundles for the one S are quite enticing! You should post this link into your opening post as it's quite good as well.
I'm getting the Scorpio too, but I got the one S when eb had that 99$ trade in. It's much smaller and definitely more snappy on the dashboard. The 4k blu ray player is a bonus. Plus you get another year I'm warranty. And your resale value will be higher when you go to upgrade to Scorpio. Certainly not a necessary upgrade, but there's a bunch of reasons to do it
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
Thinking about it, just for the 4K Blu-Ray player... ha!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
Can someone tell me what this scorpio will be? Just better processor?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
baz5 wrote: Can someone tell me what this scorpio will be? Just better processor?
It will be an all around faster Microsoft console to play alongside Xbox One and Xbox One S slated for release late this year. They will be improving CPU, memory, graphics the whole shebang... Its a similar thought process to what Sony did with the PS4 Pro however Microsoft says they went much further in terms of performance touting native 4k on many titles.
Mar 3, 2017
149 posts
153 upvotes
KW
baz5 wrote: Can someone tell me what this scorpio will be? Just better processor?
They've got some information and a video here.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
Coded1 wrote: They've got some information and a video here.
Haha much better than my babble
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
Good console if you recently bought a 4k TV and are too impatient to wait for Scorpio.

Otherwise wait for Scorpio lol.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Think "Turbo PS4 Pro on steroids".
Sep 5, 2006
656 posts
479 upvotes
Calgary
jbone14 wrote: It will be an all around faster Microsoft console to play alongside Xbox One and Xbox One S slated for release late this year. They will be improving CPU, memory, graphics the whole shebang... Its a similar thought process to what Sony did with the PS4 Pro however Microsoft says they went much further in terms of performance touting native 4k on many titles.
Because AMD manufactures the parts for both XB1 and PS4 revisions (PS4 Pro / Slim, XBox One / Scorpio) I find it interesting to draw comparisons to what they make for PCs.

The original XB1 and PS4 were based on similar (but not identical) Jaguar APU designs and manufactured on an older 28nm process (draws more power).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_(m ... hitecture)

The XB1 S and Slim PS4 were almost identical to their earlier revisions (same Jaguar architecture), except the manufacturing moved to 14nm meaning the power draw could be reduced substantially and minor speed increases were also possible.

The PS4 Pro also got the manufacturing improvement AND got more (2x) GPU cores, but still is based on Jaguar architecture.

Microsoft chose to wait to release something with a more substantial improvement. I speculate that that this was because AMD was in the process of developing a brand new architecture for CPU cores, now released as Ryzen, and GPU architecture, the upcoming Vega. It looks like Microsoft is betting that waiting on having these new architectures along with the improved manufacturing (14nm) will be a worthwhile venture. Only time will tell if it was worth holding off.

It makes me hope that similarly powerful APUs (with lots of GPU power) could be released to work in AM4 motherboards. That would be a game-changer in terms of affordable and compact PC gaming systems.
Jan 14, 2010
800 posts
307 upvotes
Guys, i need to by an android Tv box(nvidia shield level) . I don't play games much but i want to know if it can run kodi in future?
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2017
262 posts
213 upvotes
Considering the Blue consoles are considered by many ugly this sale is a matter of aquired taste.

The Halo games can be had at a massive discount and are worth maybe $20 for the pair. Halo 5 is getting thrown in to that MS month subscription thing they have coming up.

The white Xbox One sales at $329 with
Halo + GOW, BF 1,
Forza 3,
Minecraft
are better for some at Best Buy and via Microsoft right now until the end of the month.

Mr Disco didn't like this post before and deleted it, can't figure out why.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1499 posts
4659 upvotes
Toronto
sikkbones wrote: Was the controller blue too?
Of course it is, it shows it right on the product page...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)