Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Elect]

Best Buy Boxing day sale - Dec 24 8PM Online , Dec 26 6AM in-store ( no details yet)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2013 4:14 pm
Tags:
None
50 replies
Sep 14, 2009
408 posts
144 upvotes
Ugh, why do these stores start the sale on December 24th? Can't I just enjoy Christmas Eve in peace?!
Dec 28, 2008
168 posts
87 upvotes
Etobicoke
And do what? Spend time with your family?? What's wrong with you?

Seriously though, this is ridiculous. Start it at 12:01am on the 26th if you really want. Next thing you'll know, they'll start opening stores Christmas night like they did on US Thanksgiving.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2011
1139 posts
187 upvotes
LOL ill be lined up for something or another, 5am tiger sale, 6am bb sale, 8am CC sale, 10am ncix.... sounds good
WESTNYLEFX
THE COMPUTER GURU.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5918 posts
7339 upvotes
Westnylenet wrote: LOL ill be lined up for something or another, 5am tiger sale, 6am bb sale, 8am CC sale, 10am ncix.... sounds good
Trooper
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
Tagg7 wrote: Ugh, why do these stores start the sale on December 24th? Can't I just enjoy Christmas Eve in peace?!
of course you can, it's not like these companies are going door to door disturbing you.

think of it this way. without the online sales, there'd probably be ppl lining up xmas eve for some deals. this allows those ppl to take an hour(probably less) out of there evening to get their shopping out of the way and spend the rest of xmas eve, xmas, and even boxing day with their family
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1780 posts
648 upvotes
St. John's
Yeah, I never do the online boxing day thing on the 24th - we have a family get together happening at the same time and it always wins I am very pleased to report. Although I must admit sometimes I do see what's left after getting home a little later though, although I have never managed to get anything all that great.

Gotta say - I love the fact that here in Atlantic Canada the stores are closed on Boxing Day. We have two days to relax with family (including people who work retail) then the frenzy happens on the 27th. The stores rake in cash 24 hours later, they aren't hurting either.
Jan 27, 2009
223 posts
41 upvotes
Oh, Sudbury. Only place without some form of 24 hour shopping.
I'm here.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2572 posts
2826 upvotes
you mean spend all xmas eve hitting refresh and waiting for the FS BB sites to come back online...
kamascottra wrote: of course you can, it's not like these companies are going door to door disturbing you.

think of it this way. without the online sales, there'd probably be ppl lining up xmas eve for some deals. this allows those ppl to take an hour(probably less) out of there evening to get their shopping out of the way and spend the rest of xmas eve, xmas, and even boxing day with their family
Oct 18, 2011
330 posts
208 upvotes
Regina
the website would go really slow that time...
so probably more than one hour :)
Sep 19, 2012
158 posts
20 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Last boxing day i got a pretty sweet doorcrasher deal on a 59" Samsung 1080p 3D Plasma for $999. Hoping to score a similar discount this on a 46/47" Samsung 1080p 120hz LED this year... fingers crossed!
Sep 19, 2012
158 posts
20 upvotes
VANCOUVER
oh lol my bad... there is still HOPE then! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2989 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
echlon wrote: Umm these are 2011 flyers.
lol thx

i was getting angry at their crappy sales.
and to me it seemed most items cost more than regular price
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4963 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
Bd Flyers are up on bb site
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3538 posts
876 upvotes
Don't be nosey
ferkel wrote: Bd Flyers are up on bb site
Link? I don't see any through the Flyers link...
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Mar 29, 2010
797 posts
186 upvotes
will they let us know what will be on sale prior to sale? or find out when it starts!!?
Sep 19, 2012
158 posts
20 upvotes
VANCOUVER
jjege wrote: will they let us know what will be on sale prior to sale? or find out when it starts!!?
there will be an advance flyer soon.

Boxing Day Schedule:
Best Buy's Boxing Day Sale starts December 24th online & December 26th in-store. As for opening, here you go:

The bestbuy.ca website will be closed starting 3am EST until 5pm EST while the team prepares for the sale. It will then open for browsing at 5pm EST with the sale starting at 8pm EST!

The stores will be opening on December 26th - check out the Holiday Hours for information on when your local store will be opening it's doors.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
kamascottra wrote: of course you can, it's not like these companies are going door to door disturbing you.

My guess is you haven't actually bought anything @ BB/FS/NCIX the last few years online on xmas eve (or at least within say 4 hours of deals being live). You'll rarely finish checkout in less than a hour. Heck the virtual line @ FS/BB is generally close to a hour.