Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] Best Buy Boxing day sale - Dec 24 8PM Online , Dec 26 6AM in-store ( no details yet)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2013 4:14 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 14, 2009
540 posts
53 upvotes
aos007 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2012 3:30 pm
Glad I was not the only one unhappy with the trend. Christmas Eve dinner is a tradition and having the sale as you are supposed to sit and eat is an insult to the holiday that's the reason for the sale to begin with. Start the sale at midnight 26th. It has to suck to work for those companies IT, too. I wish somebody would start a boycott or at least give them some negative media exposure.
i think its friggin awesome. I am able to pick up a good deal, sit comfortably at home and not have to worry about getting a good deal on the 26th. i was able to order a 43" samsung plasma for $299 plus tax within a few minutes of the sale starting. My sis was so happy and all of it was taken care of on the 24th. Now that is a sweet christmas surprise! No one's forcing you to do the sale. There's plenty of in-store stuff you can line up for in the middle of the night on the 26th. heh.

I do agree to an extent on the negative impact it may have on the actual workers, but as a consumer I'd say suck it up. You're getting an opportunity to get a solid deal. Complaining about someone giving you a good deal? Pretty friggin weak.
Sep 19, 2012
158 posts
20 upvotes
VANCOUVER
12/20/12 and still no boxing day flyer.... are they hoping the world ends tomorrow and they can get away without a sale????
Aug 20, 2009
163 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Waiting eagerly in anticipation for Betbuy /future shop to save the day (boxing day) as I see no real hot door crashed deals! But I am expecting to be disappointed once again
Jan 31, 2011
869 posts
706 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
hsross wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 8:00 pm
12/20/12 and still no boxing day flyer.... are they hoping the world ends tomorrow and they can get away without a sale????
+1
jbredflag wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 8:16 pm
Waiting eagerly in anticipation for Betbuy /future shop to save the day (boxing day) as I see no real hot door crashed deals! But I am expecting to be disappointed once again
+1
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1157 posts
114 upvotes
Tagg7 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2012 12:15 pm
Ugh, why do these stores start the sale on December 24th? Can't I just enjoy Christmas Eve in peace?!
Because if the sale is on the 24th, then you can't use the gift cards you get on the 25th. :evil:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9507 posts
692 upvotes
jbredflag wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 8:16 pm
Problem with FS/BB "Saving the day" is everyone would go there and it'll just be another bitchfest with everything OOS/checkout taking forever/etc. There needs to be deals at more locations (i.e. spread out RFDers) so that the probability of landing a deal is high. Given the disappointment at other locations... looks like it'll either be line up EARLY @ FS/BB (i.e. xmas) or sleep in. Of course there's always hope on internet deal but given the lack of deals elsewhere that day and IF FS/BB have legit hot deals, the site might be down (aka no checkout).
Dec 27, 2007
400 posts
122 upvotes
they should just give 1st access online to those who have purchased from FS/BB online during the year.
Sep 14, 2009
540 posts
53 upvotes
torontokris wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 10:32 pm
they should just give 1st access online to those who have purchased from FS/BB online during the year.
Like they care who gets first access. If you already buy stuff from them throughout the year, then they know you'll buy stuff from them anyways.
Aug 25, 2010
316 posts
86 upvotes
Montreal
Doug wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 9:40 pm
Because if the sale is on the 24th, then you can't use the gift cards you get on the 25th. :evil:
Clever. :-0
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15372 posts
1594 upvotes
Toronto
Just a note that I thought I should mention. This year at this time Bestbuy is trying to earn record profits in hopes to get a better buyout offer from the co-founder of the company, which is their supposed reason for delaying the deal...and they're definitely not going to be able to do that by offering deep discounts....don't expect much!
Selling Feng Shui Crane Coin (See Avatar) - $80 - PM![/B]
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2009
1942 posts
334 upvotes
It's pretty obvious that two things will not happen.

1. The end of the world.
2. Boxing Day deals.
Dec 27, 2007
400 posts
122 upvotes
true enough...
luongo321 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 10:34 pm
Like they care who gets first access. If you already buy stuff from them throughout the year, then they know you'll buy stuff from them anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9507 posts
692 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 2:16 am
Just a note that I thought I should mention. This year at this time Bestbuy is trying to earn record profits in hopes to get a better buyout offer from the co-founder of the company, which is their supposed reason for delaying the deal...and they're definitely not going to be able to do that by offering deep discounts....don't expect much!
They aren't going to earn record profits as a company... only in Canada. Doubt they'll even earn a profit (tho to be honest didn't follow their finance this year) but given their record losses last year and the continual growth of amazon/newegg/etc, there's really little chance of them turning a profit. They'll be lucky to break even as a company (tho no doubt they'll post decent profits in Canada but CND numbers are not going to have a huge impact on actual numbers plus boxing day is like black friday, where the actual sales during the day/week = bragging rights = will have a minor impact on stock 'cause the average person will sell gross sale = important... sometime more important than net profit/gross margin).
Aug 20, 2009
163 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
The deep discounts are usually on items that are being phased out. (Eg. LCD tv's or led with basic specs 60hz 720) so if its sitting in the warehouse in large quantities then we'll get it.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1324 posts
120 upvotes
Winnipeg
luongo321 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2012 7:53 pm
i think its friggin awesome. I am able to pick up a good deal, sit comfortably at home and not have to worry about getting a good deal on the 26th. i was able to order a 43" samsung plasma for $299 plus tax within a few minutes of the sale starting. My sis was so happy and all of it was taken care of on the 24th. Now that is a sweet christmas surprise! No one's forcing you to do the sale. There's plenty of in-store stuff you can line up for in the middle of the night on the 26th. heh.

I do agree to an extent on the negative impact it may have on the actual workers, but as a consumer I'd say suck it up. You're getting an opportunity to get a solid deal. Complaining about someone giving you a good deal? Pretty friggin weak.
a couple ppl monitoring the the system is a lot better than a fully staffed store. i mean, do they even celebrate xmas in India? but seriously, finding a handful of ppl that don't care about xmas is easy. and i'm sure they don't mind getting paid the overtime.
× < >