Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Elect] Best Buy Boxing Day Sale Goes Live at 8PM EST

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2013 7:10 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7708 posts
243 upvotes
So the super secret special boxing day price is more expansive than the US regular price... lol
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4512 posts
146 upvotes
Congrats BB, you'll actually get $20 out of my for the 32gb sd card which my mom needs for her new camera

other than that, a pretty poor showing
[shortened link removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3029 posts
460 upvotes
HOT DEAL ON THE LG OPTIMUS ONE (NOT), 60 bucks, same price as last year, man the bb flyer is even worse than the futureshop one. The ps3 bundle is 250 and includes two 20 dollar games, so 10 bucks cheaper at fs.
Thinking about upgrading to the iPad air 2 from the air 1? You MIGHT want to reconsider. http://youtu.be/qjhC4S3vcD4
Jan 21, 2006
572 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
These deals are crap especially on TV's. I smell price fixing again. Glad I got the LG 55" 3d 120hz @ Costco with blue ray player on special 879.99 :)
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
How magnificent Is Messi? There is no answer It’s like counting the bubbles in a bottle of Champagne
Destroying Aresenal and Manchester united is what he does best.... :p
Feb 27, 2009
435 posts
114 upvotes
How is that jbl package? They do not even list which speakers it is.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1155 posts
83 upvotes
Thoughts on the GoPro Hero3 Silver bundle?
Comes with chest mount and extra battery for $329.

And really, the only reason I'm trying so hard is that I have a $20 rewards credit that expires the end of the month.
Seems like a decent deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2012
1187 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
Pretty lame and nothing to get really excited about and line up for.

But my sister is looking for a new computer and I'm wondering if the Acer Aspire X AX3950 for $319 is a good deal. Shes 12 and is planning to use the computer for the rest of her school years up until univerity. Her uses would be, internet, homework (word, powerpoint...etc), programs (paint.net... etc).

She does not game, not sure if she will in the future, but yea. Just let me know!

The Acer Aspire X AX3950 has a 500gb HD, Intel Core i3-540, 4gb ram, windows 7.

If you find a better computer than this one at a similar price range, please let me know!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
3029 posts
460 upvotes
LegobrandonCP wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:26 pm

But my sister is looking for a new computer and I'm wondering if the Acer Aspire X AX3950 for $319 is a good deal. Shes 12 and is planning to use the computer for the rest of her school years up until univerity. Her uses would be, internet, homework (word, powerpoint...etc), programs (paint.net... etc).

She does not game, not sure if she will in the future, but yea. Just let me know!

If you find a better computer than this one at a similar price range, please let me know!
dude lol? there's no way in hell your sister will end up using the same laptop till she is 22 (finished university). But if thats a serious statement get a more reliable brand of laptop
Thinking about upgrading to the iPad air 2 from the air 1? You MIGHT want to reconsider. http://youtu.be/qjhC4S3vcD4
Dec 18, 2011
433 posts
318 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Nothing is a deal ! Epic fail
Jan 25, 2011
96 posts
11 upvotes
I was gonna pick up an AR.Drone 2.0, but I only see the 1st generation on sale for Boxing Day. Sucks :( if anyone knows of any other places that may have those on sale, please let me know!
May 30, 2012
61 posts
6 upvotes
How's the ASUS for $579.99 (Page 2)? Looks decent to me or is the $150 off a marked up price?

I just recently returned my Lenovo Y470P that I got during the summer because it gave me BSODs and had a faulty left hinge so I'm looking for a new one for winter semester.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
deepfunkysoul wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:19 pm
These deals are crap especially on TV's. I smell price fixing again. Glad I got the LG 55" 3d 120hz @ Costco with blue ray player on special 879.99 :)
price fixing between futureshop and bestbuy :) haha
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1321 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
LegobrandonCP wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:26 pm

i've been using the same laptop for 7yrs now, had to replace the battery, added some extra ram, and recently put in a SSD(just for fun) and it's still more than capable of doing 'productivity' tasks for school. honest truth is, there's probably not a computer on the market today that's going to have trouble with wordprocessing, internet/email, youtube, and even slightly more advanced programs like photoshop. video editing will seperate a few, but that's more about patience and how long it'll take to actually make the videos than it is about being able to run the programs.

anyway, it's certainly possible to get through high school with that laptop. but let's be honest, in 5 or 6yrs, that 'bulky' laptop is going to be something of embarassment for a high school kid. who knows, maybe tablets will be all the rage by then for taking notes and whatever. so with that in mind, it's probably not worth spending more to get more at this point. chances all the physical form factor will be more of an issue in the future than the actual specs. especially when you can do some simple upgrades with ram and hdd's to keep things 'current' for an extra year or two. upgrading physical things and the mobo/processor are tougher(or impossible)
randomkidx wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:31 pm
dude lol? there's no way in hell your sister will end up using the same laptop till she is 22 (finished university). But if thats a serious statement get a more reliable brand of laptop
'up to' does not include university. it's still a bit of a long shot, but not rediculous. i'm typing this on a laptop i bought when i was in university, i still use it quite often, it's my only laptop and it handles what i throw at it just fine. a cell phone could probably run the programs she's asking for
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2012
1187 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
randomkidx wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:31 pm
Lol I meant until the end of high school. And btw, and this is a desktop I'm talking about.
× < >