• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2013 7:10 am
Jun 2, 2010
437 posts
195 upvotes
Newmarket
Ghetto_Child wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 10:19 am
If you google for "start 8" you can buy for $5 the windows 7 start menu & taskbar addon for windows 8 and it lets you switch between interfaces and gives you all the keyboarding controls of windows 7. Well worth the $5.
Even better, just get classic shell for free. It adds the same functionality.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2004
4984 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
I'm surprised but everywhere online that I looked I can't find, at least no advertised deal on:
  • Bulk sized recommended LCD/LED cleaning liquid without cloths/wipes (I know some RFDers already suggested distilled water & Isopropynol).
  • High airflow/powerful laptop/notebook cooling pad/fan
  • 4-port KVM switches
  • Wireless keyboards with backlit keys & pointer control (thumstick/trackball/trackpad whichever)
  • Bluetooth Stereo Headsets w/Mic
  • Wireless 5-button (click wheel counts as a button) laser mice w/tilt & scroll wheel, that works on a PS/2 to USB port adaptor. For example original Logitech MX620 before fast scroll wheel model.
These I just wanted opinions/recommendations what is:
  • Fastest reliable 2.5" SSD on sale?
  • Better deal/quality than 800-Watt Cuisinart 5.5 Qt. Stand Mixer $279.99 Model: SM-55BCC futureshop web only boxing day flyer? 250-Watt Kitchenaid Mixer $100 in Futureshop liquidation flyer? Breville 550 Watt Steel Bench Mixer $199.99 Model: BREBEM800XL futureshop boxing day flyer?
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6848 posts
394 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 10:51 am
I don't understand these idiots at BB.

They had the Canon 50mm on "sale" for $99.99 for Boxing Day. Now, they have it for $89.99. Why not put it at $89.99 from the get go, and avoid all the people coming back to get the price adjustments at this time of the season?!?! :facepalm:
A lot of them won't do price adjustments, and another lot won't bother watching the price after they've already bought the items. Boxing day started so retailers could clear out all the unsold merch they had after the christmas rush, but it got so big that most stores started ordering more to cover it. Now the sales at the beginning of January are what boxing day used to be (doorcrashers aside, those were always loss leaders).
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Dec 29, 2005
301 posts
17 upvotes
Victoria
The Galaxy Ace Q I bought is $10 cheaper than Boxing Day and the Speedlite 430ex II is $30 cheaper than boxing day. I'm officially annoyed.
Nov 26, 2003
599 posts
134 upvotes
Calgary
For those who picked up the Canon T3i bundle for $539 on boxing day, BB has dropped the price to $499. It's sold out online, but I popped in today and got $42 back for price protection. :D
May 21, 2010
338 posts
32 upvotes
Ontario
so I ordered that 40" Toshiba LED TV from their boxing day sale...

got a chance to finally open it up and test it out only to find that it has 2 vertical white lines running down the middle of the screen...assume this is just a fault somewhere inside

anyways, goign to return it to my local store but they don't have replacement stock for the exchange. Can I call BB online and will they send me out another and honour the boxing day price as I'm not paying regular price on it
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1689 posts
76 upvotes
SW Ontario
Kyle071785 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 7:28 am
so I ordered that 40" Toshiba LED TV from their boxing day sale...

got a chance to finally open it up and test it out only to find that it has 2 vertical white lines running down the middle of the screen...assume this is just a fault somewhere inside

anyways, goign to return it to my local store but they don't have replacement stock for the exchange. Can I call BB online and will they send me out another and honour the boxing day price as I'm not paying regular price on it
you'd have to call them as they'll most likely arrange shipping for the unit back and it'll be refunded once it reaches the warehouse.

for a replacement, if it's in stock, they'll tell you to re-order and match the original price, if it's not in stock - might want to ask if there is a comparable model as this one was defective.
Jul 20, 2010
724 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know what time exactly on Jan 3rd that the sale ends?
May 21, 2010
338 posts
32 upvotes
Ontario
john.canad wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 11:01 pm
Anyone know what time exactly on Jan 3rd that the sale ends?
should be going all day (until midnight)

anyways returned my Toshiba defect TV to my local store. Called up BB Customer Service and got another shipped out at the boxing day sale price. Hopefully this one doesn't have another problem
× < >