Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Breville Barista Express (BREBES870XL) - 499.99$ (same price on Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2018 8:13 am
[OP]
Dec 14, 2011
114 posts
59 upvotes
OTTAWA

[Best Buy] Breville Barista Express (BREBES870XL) - 499.99$ (same price on Amazon)

The Breville Barista Express looks to be on sale for 499$ at Best Buy and Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/Breville-BES870XL ... ta+express
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/br ... 56821.aspx?

Don't forget ebates!
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 17th, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added retailer to title
25 replies
Dec 4, 2008
799 posts
351 upvotes
It drops to 499.99 every couple months... I think it's an okay price if you're rushing to get one. Both the bay and Amazon had this at 499.99 in late Oct /early Nov (IIRC), during Bay days (and I think Amazon matched the bay).
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3504 posts
1279 upvotes
Canada
Great machine. I expect it to be cheaper on BF or BD. I think at one point it has gone down to $440.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Aug 20, 2009
252 posts
86 upvotes
Hamilton
I use this Machine everyday. $499 is the average sale price. Its well worth the money! F*#% single use pods i'll never go back!
Jul 28, 2002
611 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Life changing product

Fortunate to get it for less but was eBay refurb
99% of the stuff I own comes from RFD!
Nov 30, 2009
356 posts
129 upvotes
Freshly ground coffee in the morning is the best. I am not really into espresso that much but now i am addicted to cappuccino. Very reliable so far, got it on prime day for the same price.
Oct 22, 2014
27 posts
5 upvotes
Laval, QC
Is it best to buy this machine and hope the average grinder doesn't die or buy the Delonghi Dedica at 227.50 from Canadian Tire + a good grinder ?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1586 posts
1700 upvotes
LunaticCalm wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 7:22 am
Is it best to buy this machine and hope the average grinder doesn't die or buy the Delonghi Dedica at 227.50 from Canadian Tire + a good grinder ?
This machine has proven reliable for years with couple of ppl that I know, they use it daily. I myself am a lazy guy, I have the Saeco Super automatic, just press the button it grinds and brews. However, my brother enjoys his Breville with the pressure gauge and whatnot.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Oct 29, 2014
395 posts
105 upvotes
LunaticCalm wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 7:22 am
Exactly my thought. Not specifically the Dedica but any espresso machine + grinder. The nice thing about a split set up is you could grind a few days worth of coffee so it takes up less counter space.

The grinder is this is okay and I found the machine to be rather inconsistent. Apparently it was because I was using kicking horse beans.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2176 posts
815 upvotes
Sudbury
We use ours everyday. Great machine.

This is where we get our coffee beans for it...so far great experience over the last couple of years.
Sep 8, 2013
75 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
PriceHunter wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 7:31 am
This machine has proven reliable for years with couple of ppl that I know, they use it daily. I myself am a lazy guy, I have the Saeco Super automatic, just press the button it grinds and brews.
I was using Saeco magic in the past, but it had the tendency to clog every other week, leaving me without my morning dose.
I switched to this Breville and my only remark is that it hasn't 1 cubic ft grains-tank. :-) The water takes me 20 sec to refill with my pull-out faucet.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
1586 posts
1700 upvotes
zemonti wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 8:09 am
I was using Saeco magic in the past, but it had the tendency to clog every other week, leaving me without my morning dose.
I switched to this Breville and my only remark is that it hasn't 1 cubic ft grains-tank. :-) The water takes me 20 sec to refill with my pull-out faucet.
Mine is a Saeco Intelia going strong for over a year now with more than 5 cups a day, my only note is that it doesn't warn me of low water levels and just stops mid brewing. So I always check water prior to brewing. Bought from Costco so not worried about the warranty :). Cleaning weekly and dealing semi annually as well as grinder oil remover tablets.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Feb 14, 2012
54 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Bought black one, was waiting for that model for months :) Usually silver model cheaper, I saw 449 some time ago, but not a black one.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
2812 posts
2020 upvotes
jbredflag wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 2:16 am
I use this Machine everyday. $499 is the average sale price. Its well worth the money! F*#% single use pods i'll never go back!

Had this for 2+ years. Only thing that I had to replace was the rubber O ring. Here is the
to the video of how to do it. It was $5 bucks for the part and I replaced the O ring my self. We use this device multiple times per day. This is an absolute beast of a machine. For maintenance I use vinegar with water 50/50 mix every 3 months.

Leave the stupid pods.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)