Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Breville Barista Express (BREBES870XL) - 499.99$ (same price on Amazon)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 3:39 pm
Aug 20, 2015
56 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fatestkid wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 2:16 am
Great machine. I expect it to be cheaper on BF or BD. I think at one point it has gone down to $440.
Same thing. Hoping for a price drop on Black Friday. Fingers crossed.
Jan 7, 2007
120 posts
24 upvotes
30seconds wrote:
Nov 17th, 2018 7:34 am
Exactly my thought. Not specifically the Dedica but any espresso machine + grinder. The nice thing about a split set up is you could grind a few days worth of coffee so it takes up less counter space.

The grinder is this is okay and I found the machine to be rather inconsistent. Apparently it was because I was using kicking horse beans.
If you get a commercial quality grinder, then I think it is a better option to go splits. But otherwise, you're probably better off with daily fresh grinds.

But what do I know? I enjoy my McCafe too ;)
Oct 21, 2007
379 posts
43 upvotes
Halifax
Hey all, anyone know what category this falls under for the amazon ebates rebate? Just wondering what percentage you save with ebates. If its 1%, I'll just go to best buy...
Thx!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2542 posts
743 upvotes
Kingston
This is a great machine. I just wish my latte art was better. It’s kind of “abstract”.
Jan 27, 2011
261 posts
59 upvotes
What are the pros of this machine vs an automatic machine? I'm trying to justify the price.
Nov 26, 2018
1 posts
taylur wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 5:46 am
$479.99 in black at London Drugs
+ free shipping
+ only gst charge. No QST so 50$ in my pocket.

It's good to know what we want and take the time for a good bargain.
1st try with London drugs so, let's see. For the shipping, Canada post can make it longer than usual..
Dec 25, 2009
683 posts
152 upvotes
For the people who have this, how much coffee can the "two cup" basket hold?

I currently have the cafe roma and it can only hold about 14g. I've been checking online recipes for best latte, and usually am recommended about 21g coffee. Which my current cafe roma can't hold.

How much coffee can this one's basket hold? Plz share
Jul 8, 2002
148 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
wadokai wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 11:00 am
For the people who have this, how much coffee can the "two cup" basket hold?

I currently have the cafe roma and it can only hold about 14g. I've been checking online recipes for best latte, and usually am recommended about 21g coffee. Which my current cafe roma can't hold.

How much coffee can this one's basket hold? Plz share
The recommended dose from the manual is 18g. You can go higher (I've hit 21g) but will need to adjust the grind coarser or you won't get enough flow.

Manual
Nov 20, 2013
138 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
is there a place (retailer) to test it? :rolleyes: Some sort of demo room?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as NOVUS, Modo, Car2Go, Evo and Endy mattress :)
Aug 17, 2005
16 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
These are perfect for someone getting into making very good espressos at home. It has enough options and features to play with to hone your skills and it easily beats my super automatic which cost more than double. Great value - Nothing comes close to this machine at this price level. The next level would be spending $900-1200 on a machine plus a $300-500 grinder.

Anyways, I found this on sale at the Bay today for $569.99 (Reg $799.99). Used the 'VIP' promo code for an additional 25% off to bring it down to $427.49 +taxes. Also received an additional 5% from ebates
Free shipping included as the order was over $99 or free in store pickup available.

I also purchased some other items and the 25% off 'VIP' code applied to them.

https://m.thebay.com/breville-barista-e ... 0083853547