Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Best Buy - Brother MFC-J435W Wireless All-In-One Printer - $49.99 FS or ISPU

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2012 7:42 am
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls

[Best Buy] Best Buy - Brother MFC-J435W Wireless All-In-One Printer - $49.99 FS or ISPU

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Brother+-+N ... &cp=1&lp=1

US Deal!

ISPU (In Store Pickup) is available.

You may also ship this item to CBI.

Supports Apple Air Print + much more.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
6756 posts
1000 upvotes
I have this model for almost a year and its still running on the original starter ink cartridges

If you want to double your ink just tape the clear part on the cart and your carts will last a lot longer

[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Thanks for the tip :) I just ordered my printer and will pick it up @ best buy on Monday. Reviews are solid. Well made printer with tongs of features.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
so what does the tape do? covers the sensor?
Feb 29, 2004
514 posts
94 upvotes
$52.99 all in with ship to store. Half hour after order placed, its ready for pick up. Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
6756 posts
1000 upvotes
andriykoua wrote:
Aug 19th, 2012 7:57 am
so what does the tape do? covers the sensor?
yes the tape covers the sensor that tell the printer the ink is empty. Usually there is a lot more ink left!

You can read here:
http://journal.drfaulken.com/trick-your ... -runs-dry/

You can use tape or white out and just cover that part and you can print forever. I did this like 3 months ago when the ink was suppose to be empty and it's still going

Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
5485 posts
375 upvotes
no wonder printers are always cheap and inks are always expensive, sneaky manufacturers!
Corleone187 wrote:
Aug 19th, 2012 10:34 am
yes the tape covers the sensor that tell the printer the ink is empty. Usually there is a lot more ink left!

You can read here:
http://journal.drfaulken.com/trick-your ... -runs-dry/

You can use tape or white out and just cover that part and you can print forever. I did this like 3 months ago when the ink was suppose to be empty and it's still going

Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
5865 posts
591 upvotes
From experience with blocking the sensors to using the printer's internal hexeditor hack for this same printer - it is not worth trying to do any of this. If you go too far and allow air bubbles to block your printer head, then you will spend a lot of ink trying to unblock the head. The amount of ink spent trying to unclog the printer head will be anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of the cartridge, and there is still a strong possbility it will still be clogged after.

The best solution is to buy 3rd party ink, and use that, and leave the sensor alone and when printer refuses to print put in the new cartridge. You buy a syringe and push/suck out the ink from the old and transfer that into the current cartridge. Now you wont waste any ink and more importantly wont risk clogs.

The warnings they give you about changing the ink when they suggest you do so is very real. You have hundreds of ink nozzle, and if any are clogged you are going to waste a ton of ink and it will be extremely messy. Leave this sensor hack alone and just use a syringe + gloves instead.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3308 posts
194 upvotes
Norwood
Totoriko wrote:
Aug 19th, 2012 8:21 am
Says shipping is "International Mail $11.66 to Canada" at checkout
I get the same thing. I was hoping after the announcement the other day about offering more products to international customers was going to include more free shipping options as well, but so far, no such luck. The simply allow us to order items we couldn't get before. The shipping takes away the "deals" these type of sites offer. Ebay sellers are going to still give a better value or just stick with Canadian Ink Stores for generic ink ( blankdvdmedia.ca, 123inkcartridges.ca, etc )
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
3312 posts
489 upvotes
spinbot wrote:
Aug 19th, 2012 11:37 am
I get the same thing. I was hoping after the announcement the other day about offering more products to international customers was going to include more free shipping options as well, but so far, no such luck. The simply allow us to order items we couldn't get before. The shipping takes away the "deals" these type of sites offer. Ebay sellers are going to still give a better value or just stick with Canadian Ink Stores for generic ink ( blankdvdmedia.ca, 123inkcartridges.ca, etc )
Yeah it's annoying really. If the op can indicate how to get the free shipping that'd be great
× < >