Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Best Buy Card: $50 Credit with minimum $300 purchase (Oct 15 - 21)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2010 12:23 am
Tags:
None
57 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1889 posts
1445 upvotes
Anyone know if you can get a Best Buy card instantly? As OP's title says, you need a Best Buy card for the deal.
Feb 15, 2008
587 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
can it be use on PS3 console? :lol:
Sep 12, 2008
391 posts
295 upvotes
phuangk wrote: can it be use on PS3 console? :lol:

yes...here is the fine print

Coupon required in order to benefit from savings. Not valid in Quebec. Not valid on the purchase of gift cards or on payment of the Best Buy credit card or Reward Zone™ Visa®. Not available online. Purchase of $300 - $1499.99 (before taxes) with your Best Buy card required to receive $50 discount. Purchase of $1500 or more (before taxes) with your Best Buy card required to receive $100 discount. Savings will appear as a credit on the next statement after the minimum purchase has been posted to your account. Credit must be applied to a purchase and cannot be issued as a refund cheque. Savings will not appear on your receipt. Discounts cannot be applied to previous purchases. One offer per customer. No reproductions accepted. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or coupons. Subject to credit approval only on your Best Buy card issued by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Details and coupons also available in-store.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3899 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
zero64 wrote: Anyone know if you can get a Best Buy card instantly? As OP's title says, you need a Best Buy card for the deal.
yeah, it worked last time when they had this promo in August, got myself an iPad :)
time for a 4th gen iPod touch now ;)
...coupon is still showing the August dates, last time they had this promo, they had plenty of coupons to hand out in-store, so hopefully they have that ;)
Aug 15, 2010
260 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Any good laptop deals at BB now?
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
Valid August 20–26, 2010. Not available in Quebec. Coupon required in order to benefit from savings. Not valid in Quebec. Not valid on the purchase of gift cards or on payment of the Best Buy credit card or Reward Zone™ Visa®. Not available online. Purchase of $300 - $1499.99 (before taxes) with your Best Buy card required to receive $50 discount. Purchase of $1500 or more (before taxes) with your Best Buy card required to receive $100 discount. Savings will appear as a credit on the next statement after the minimum purchase has been posted to your account. Credit must be applied to a purchase and cannot be issued as a refund cheque. Savings will not appear on your receipt. Discounts cannot be applied to previous purchases. One offer per customer. No reproductions accepted. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or coupons. Subject to credit approval only on your Best Buy card issued by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Details and coupons also available in-store.
i hope the website is just outdated?
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
this is a credit card but not a visa/mastercard or anything, how does that work? Can you apply and get it instantly?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
also, any disadvantages to buying say a laptop or tv with the BB card vs. using your own visa?
Jan 19, 2009
893 posts
35 upvotes
what exactly is the best buy card?....is it just a rewards card that anyone can get or is it like a credit card?...dont want to have to apply and more credit shown on my credit report if i dont need to,
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
zero64 wrote: Anyone know if you can get a Best Buy card instantly? As OP's title says, you need a Best Buy card for the deal.

They do it at customer service and give you a temporary card that you can only use for a couple of days, while you wait for them to mail your card
Feb 26, 2007
438 posts
18 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: also, any disadvantages to buying say a laptop or tv with the BB card vs. using your own visa?

Usually your visa card matches the manufacturer's warranty (up to a max of a year). I don't think the BB card offers that.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10597 posts
15788 upvotes
GT-EH
second2 wrote: Please note at the time of this posting, the coupon page still has the old date of Aug 20-26...it should be updated to reflect Oct 15-21 at midnight I assume.

I hope they update this thing by the afternoon. I'm going to use this to pick up an Ipod Touch 4 if they have any... :D
Sep 12, 2008
391 posts
295 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: I hope they update this thing by the afternoon. I'm going to use this to pick up an Ipod Touch 4 if they have any... :D

I'm hoping to take advantage of this offer also but they are taking a long time to post the updated coupon. However, the new flyer is up on their site and it clearly has the date of Oct 15-21. Maybe we can get the coupon in-store like one of the previous poster mentioned.
Sep 18, 2009
169 posts
21 upvotes
i-o_o-i wrote: yeah, it worked last time when they had this promo in August, got myself an iPad :)
time for a 4th gen iPod touch now ;)
...coupon is still showing the August dates, last time they had this promo, they had plenty of coupons to hand out in-store, so hopefully they have that ;)

I bought an iPAd last time too.

now just bought this as a christmas present for my son.

COmpact PResario 15.6 inch laptop for $329.99 plus $50 credit on BB card

might also get an iPod touch for the daughter.

Thanks OP

warning to everyone though to make sure you pay off your BB card balance before it comes due or you will pay interest on the full amount from the date of purchase. you can usually get 90 days to pay it off with no interest, as long as you pay it off before the 90 days.

Edit: the link shows 379.99 for the laptop but when you add it to your cart, it gets reduced by $50 as the special offer to either get the discount or add 2GB of ram for 379.99 plus $20 more.
Sep 4, 2009
220 posts
41 upvotes
Autobot City
I bought a tv with my bb card last Saturday I have to pick it up today. Do you think they will honor the coupon since I've already paid? Or do I have to return it or threaten to return it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)