Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Controller $99.99. Additional Door Sensor $44.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2017 1:54 pm
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11953 posts
3694 upvotes
Kingston

[Best Buy] Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Controller $99.99. Additional Door Sensor $44.99

EDIT: Offer was for $89.99 when originally posted but BestBuy has raised the sale price to $99.99. Amazon is no longer offering a sale on this item.

The Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Controller allows you to convert virtually any garage door opener to be operated via smartphone from anywhere.

PRODUCT FEATURES
  • Installs in minutes and works with your home's Wi-Fi - Use the MyQ app to easily monitor/control the door and set-up alerts
  • Set up customized notification and alerts so you know when you garage door opens or closes in real time – great for busy families who come and go from the house through the garage.
  • Compatible with most brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors.
  • Installation is easy – Minimal to no DIY experience required.
  • Wireless setup - Programs your Smart Garage Hub to your home’s Wi-Fi network using Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Control App (iOS & Android devices)
  • Make your garage work seamlessly with the rest of your smart home using the platform of your choice - Works with your other smart devices and platforms such as Nest, Xfinity & Wink.
  • Check the status and control your garage doors MyQ lights from anywhere
  • Receive real-time alerts when there’s activity with your garage doors or MyQ lights
  • Create schedules to close your garage doors or to have your lights turn on/off at designated times
  • Easy to install in the garage (2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal required)
  • Visit www.mychamberlain.com or download the MyQ app on Android or iOS
  • Connectivity Requirements - 2.4 Wi-Fi signal within the garage and a MyQ account
  • Works with MyQ; core features that allow you to control your garage door from anywhere, get activity alerts and set schedules are included with the MyQ app.
  • Linking MyQ to partners apps to provide more enhanced garage control options such as voice control and geofence closing. Subscription fee applies after 30-day free trial ends. Visit chamberlain.com/mypartners for more details.
BRAND COMPATIBILITY
  • MyQ Garage enables smartphone control of most major garage door opener brands with Photo Eyes manufactured starting in 1993.
  • Chamberlain®
  • LiftMaster®
  • Craftsman®
  • Genie® - Most garage door openers manufactured between 1996 and 2016 (Intellicode 1 and Intellicode 2)
  • Overhead Door® - Most garage door openers manufactured between 1996 and 2016 (CodeDodger 1 and CodeDodger 2)
  • Linear MegaCode
  • Stanley SecureCode
  • Wayne Dalton® 372 MHz

There is also a separate Door Sensor on sale for $44.99. The Hub can control 2 garage doors. Install instructions here.

Installiing mine tomorrow and will report back.
Last edited by JWL on Nov 22nd, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
37 replies
Mar 7, 2011
996 posts
1008 upvotes
$90? I don’t see the value proposition here. The opener itself is $200
Nov 24, 2015
164 posts
125 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tunda11 wrote: $90? I don’t see the value proposition here. The opener itself is $200
I for one have been considering one of these for my father because probably 50% of the time I leave his house with him to go somewhere he questions whether he closed the garage door or not and we have to double check. Would love to have door status on an app.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11953 posts
3694 upvotes
Kingston
tunda11 wrote: $90? I don’t see the value proposition here. The opener itself is $200
I haven't seen a full MyQ garage door opener for less than $250. Replacing 2 would be at least $500 + installation. $135 + minimal DIY installation is a much better deal for me.
Even if you have a MyQ garage door opener I THINK you have to by an internet gateway for $68.
Toastillicus wrote: I for one have been considering one of these for my father because probably 50% of the time I leave his house with him to go somewhere he questions whether he closed the garage door or not and we have to double check. Would love to have door status on an app.
....and if it is open, you can close it with the app.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2005
1274 posts
633 upvotes
Toastillicus wrote: I for one have been considering one of these for my father because probably 50% of the time I leave his house with him to go somewhere he questions whether he closed the garage door or not and we have to double check. Would love to have door status on an app.
I don't believe he is questioning what the value of the Gadget is . He's questioning why pay $90 for just the Hub where you can pay $200 for a complete unit that possibly includes the hub.
Now to be fair, finding a unit that is $200 including the Hub is a little challenging but this would be the right time to find one.
In fact Lowe's has one for 229 but if you have an LAR card you can get an additional 15% off making it under 200 but finding it regularly under 200 is a little bit hard.
Jun 11, 2003
92 posts
109 upvotes
Ottawa
What do you need to add homekit to this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6560 posts
10849 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
JWL wrote: I haven't seen a full MyQ garage door opener for less than $250. Replacing 2 would be at least $500 + installation. $135 + minimal DIY installation is a much better deal for me.
Even if you have a MyQ garage door opener I THINK you have to by an internet gateway for $68.

....and if it is open, you can close it with the app.
This garage door opener with MyQ is $200 from Candian Tire - canadian-tire-chamberlain-3-4-hp-belt-g ... #p28517301

You don't need the gateway if MyQ is built in - I didn't need anything else with my Chamberlain MyQ garage door opener (from Home Depot) I bought last year.
Last edited by pathfinder35 on Nov 22nd, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1273 posts
1451 upvotes
Surrey
Great product and fantastic price. I've had mine for a couple of years now and zero issues with it. Easy install. My garage door opener was MyQ ready. You can check the compatibility through their website if unsure but I think it works with garage door openers. That list will also tell you which ones require a hub for it to work.

Here's the link:

http://support.chamberlain.com/articles ... 4145635905
Dec 14, 2001
693 posts
846 upvotes
Does this require a monthly subscription fee?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1242 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
In addition to the benefit mentioned by OP, I had the following use case.

I had Sears garage door opener and my remotes are all broken. This is a solution for 3 drivers that we can control the garage door opener as long as we had our cell phone handy. :-)

Moreover, should PM at Lowes and bring the price down.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA
I recall reading about false alerts with this product, make sure you research if these issues have been resolved if you're considering this. It is understandable if the sensor battery dies, but I believe this was even when that was not a factor.
Oct 1, 2006
109 posts
161 upvotes
If you want to link it to google assistant there is a fee. Since they did not expose open door to the Google assistant, it's not really worth $1/month($10yr). I would like android auto integration...

That being said, you can say ,"OK Google, open MyQ" and tap the door.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
BBucKK wrote: Does this require a monthly subscription fee?
For smart home integration yes it requires a monthly paid subscription.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
ssjlancer wrote: For smart home integration yes it requires a monthly paid subscription.
Not with ST ;)
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11953 posts
3694 upvotes
Kingston
If you already have functioning garage door openers $200 for another opener + $100 installation vs $90 to add smartphone functionality.

If you have 2 doors that is $600 vs $135 to add smartphone functions.

But it is a great deal if you need a new opener.
Apr 5, 2010
527 posts
246 upvotes
Mississauga
I have an existing myq enabled garage door opener. There other door is not. I have a MYQ-G0202 but not sure how-to integrate it with the myq enabled opener. Any thought if it can be configured or do I have to buy additional hardware?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
JWL wrote: If you already have functioning garage door openers $200 for another opener + $100 installation vs $90 to add smartphone functionality.

If you have 2 doors that is $600 vs $135 to add smartphone functions.

But it is a great deal if you need a new opener.
I'd only swap out an existing GDO if it were chain driven, but otherwise the deal you posted is still a good buy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)