Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Circle with Disney $49.99 ($80 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 7:34 pm
Jul 2, 2005
484 posts
228 upvotes
Mississauga
movieking wrote: My instructions were in French so I had to google the english ones, but it didn't seem like connecting the circle to the router via ethernet was mentioned, despite coming with a ethernet cord. Did I miss something? For those that have a Circle, do you have it connected via ethernet?

Edit: Maybe it didn't come with an ethernet cord? I thought that it did but can't find it now.
Check your router compatibility in https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us ... and-Circle

My Circle is connected to an Asus RTN66 and Circle suggests connecting via Wifi, if you plug in the ethernet you need to turn off NAT Accelaration.
Also my 2.4 and 5Ghz have different SSIDs and Circle still manages any devices connected in both including devices connected to the ethernet ports.

I have a separated mesh network using the Samsung Connect Home pro and Circle does not work for that :(. That's why I still have the Asus RTN66 that my kids/guests use.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
ezacarias wrote: Check your router compatibility in https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us ... and-Circle

My Circle is connected to an Asus RTN66 and Circle suggests connecting via Wifi, if you plug in the ethernet you need to turn off NAT Accelaration.
Also my 2.4 and 5Ghz have different SSIDs and Circle still manages any devices connected in both including devices connected to the ethernet ports.

I have a separated mesh network using the Samsung Connect Home pro and Circle does not work for that :(. That's why I still have the Asus RTN66 that my kids/guests use.
Thanks, I've got a hitron from Rogers and it's suggested that I don't use ethernet. I'm finding some devices hit or miss, but overall it's been good. There are 4 or 5 devices that are connected that I have no idea what they are, so I've blocked them for now. I told the family if they have devices not working, just let me know and I'll check the MAC addresses.
Aug 11, 2010
126 posts
64 upvotes
So i have been using this device for a few days now it has been working fine. Today, i get a device connected i have never seen before. vivo-x9s - is a phone made in india and is uncommon to buy in toronto (tried googling). I check my home router if anything has been connected with this mac addy and i do not see it connected to my router. I am now paranoid at this time and have been checking how easy it is to hack circle with disney. My overall research tells my that i will be returning this product to bestbuy. Just my 2 cents. Good luck to all!
Jun 15, 2010
203 posts
189 upvotes
Winnipeg
Looks like Circle is discontinuing the Circle with Disney product. They just launched their new hardware and it's now tied to a subscription. Doesn't sound like they will be doing any more large updates.
https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us ... y-Devices-

Might be a good time to return it, since I don't want to be stuck with a brick in the coming months :-)

They do mention to contact support if you just bought it. I will give them a shout and see what they say.

Response from Circle:
===
Thank you for reaching out to Circle support.

I understand you are concerned about the discontinuation of our previous device now that we have released the Circle Home Plus. I will be happy to address this for you!

While it is true, we did just launch a new device just this week, we do not plan to discontinue support for our Circle with Disney customers. We will also continue to release any necessary patches to the app, though we do not plan to make any significant updates. We have more information regarding this in this article. The device you currently have can still be utilized to manage your home wifi network.

Additionally, upgrading to our premium subscription service is not required to manage your home WiFi network. Should you wish to manage cellular data in addition to your home WiFi network however, you will have to also download our latest app, Circle Smart Parental Controls, of which a monthly fee to utilize all premium features is required. We also have a basic membership with limited features that it is totally free of charge. You can learn more about our basic membership by clicking here.

One thing I would like to mention is that, unless you update to our latest Circle Home Plus device, you will need to utilize both the Circle With Disney app, as well as the new app in order to manage your home WiFi network and cellular data accordingly.

While I understand it can often be undesirable to manage a monthly subscription fee, one thing I would like to offer you is a coupon code for $50 off of the purchase of our new Circle device, which also comes with a free year of our premium subscription. This offer is only available to our US customers at this time however, so do let us know where you are based and if you are interested.

If you have any questions regarding any of the above, feel free to reach back out.

====

I ended up returning it to Bestbuy. My kids were happy! :-)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)