Shopping Discussion

Best Buy Concierge delivery for appliances big fail.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2018 6:58 pm
Mar 27, 2008
551 posts
59 upvotes
Etobicoke

Best Buy Concierge delivery for appliances big fail.

Best Buy Appliance Delivery Service Is anything but Concierge. In fact there is no Concierge department.

I am here to warn people against using Best Buy for appliance. You as a customer are there last concern. This is not my first issue with online services. Here is a link to my experience with Future Shop Best Buy’s sister company. https://www.thestar.com/business/person ... opper.html
I ordered refrigerator BestBuy 2 weeks ago today. I chose Best Buy not because of the price, it was the same price at many retailers. They promise a call the same day if you order before 7 pm. No call. I called the next day to find the earliest deliver time was Saturday September 23 2017 I made it clear the door handle had to be switched from the left side to the right side. Fridge arrived 40 minutes before the assigned delivery window. The driver made it clear he had no intention to switch the handle and I made it clear I would not sign for delivery. I thought he reluctantly agreed at that point to do it. They took the handle off showed it to me and said Best Buy did not pack the part needed. Note they do not work for Best Buy they work for Go Logistics. After they left I found the part needed in the fridge door.
They either never intended to switch it or did not know how.
It took me 4 calls to Best Buy to get someone out the following Friday. On Wednesday I also states I want The $50 moving fee refunded.

Two workers showed up on Friday again half hour before the 3 hour window provided.They switched the handle and stated the job was done and left for the elevator. Immediately trying the handle I found the door was wobbly and did not open/close properly. I was able to catch them at the elevator. They came back and reinstalled in reading the instruction manual. They told me they forgot to change the bottom Hinge.

Today I called to enquire about the $50 refund. I spoke to Tammy who escalated me to her supervisor Rikki. Both these workers were fantastic. But they couldn’t do anything. They acknowledge seeing the request from last Wednesday. But only Head Office can deal with this. Head Office cannot be contacted by phone by their own call center staff. SHAME ON YOU BEST BUY. My issue is now with head office. I don’t know if Shannon Kidd still works there. But years ago she promised changes.

Rikki told me there is a 3 day window for head office to reply and that she has done all that she can. I advised Rikki I had enough and if Head Office can’t reply my next step is to post on the internet. I did not originally ask for a store credit but yes one might be nice. What I would like to know is why do you continue to isolate from the front line staff. I am not a happy customer whatsoever and will encourage people to shop elsewhere. My Best Buy order number is 577610176.

This is an original post. Until I receive an online explanation I will repost to keep this active.
Tad Klupsas Etobicoke
7 replies
Mar 27, 2008
551 posts
59 upvotes
Etobicoke
It has been one day and not a peep from head office. but they can't reach my toronto 437 area code.

Your Best Buy Order #194386065
Inbox
x

Customer Delivery Solutions (Best Buy Canada) csolutio@bestbuycanada.ca via bestbuy.onmicrosoft.com
8:12 PM (20 hours ago)

to me
Hello Tad,

I am emailing to follow up on your case regarding the refund for your delivery fee.

I did attempt to contact you, however the 437 area code is not currently set up for us to dial out.

Please call back at 1-855-990-9991 and ask to speak with me.

I deeply apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered during this delivery process.

Thank you,

Fathiya Mohamed
Home Delivery Customer Experience
Best Buy Canada Ltd.
T: +1 855-990-9991 | fathmohamed@bestbuycanada.ca

Best Buy Canada Ltd., 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5K3
BestBuy.ca / Privacy Policy / Unsubscribe
BestBuy.ca / Politique sur la confidentialité / Se désabonner

Tad Klupsas <tadk666@gmail.com>
4:48 PM (0 minutes ago)

to Customer, bcc: me
Hi Fathiya
In your attempt to "help me" you have further shown how Best Buy is a big fail story. I have no idea why you can't reach my 437 area code it has been around for your. Then why would you leave me a phone number that is not your personal phone number and puts me back in touch with a call centre unable to help me. I will be adding this post to face book. Head Office obviously doesn't seem to fee a need to contact me. Tad Klupsas
Mar 27, 2008
551 posts
59 upvotes
Etobicoke
After posting the email above on Best Buy's own web site I received an email receipt for a $56.00 refunds. It really didn't need to take a week and numerous contacts to get this done. I received nothing to indict actions were taken that the next customer isn't treated the same way.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
Frustrating. Unfortunately stories like this are the norm for many big companies.

Why? The desire/need to cut costs of course. The result: too many low level employees doing a small set of routine tasks, disconnected from the company, and not enough employees to take on the required accountability. Thus, IF services get fixed it's usually too little too late.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Mar 27, 2008
551 posts
59 upvotes
Etobicoke
It is not over yet. I received a voice mail from Christian at head office. The phone number he left to call him back was out of service (I still have the voice mail). Thanks to caller ID I did get someone to forward me to a voice mail as he is in a meeting most of the morning. I would like to hear any changes that they might make to the program or is status quo ok for them. Head office is to high up there to be available to for us general public customers.
Remind me why would I want to shop here or have my friends shop here.
Oct 4, 2017
1 posts
Wow this is very disappointing. I was actually planning on purchasing a refrigerator from Best Buy during "Black Friday". I'm not sure if I will now. I wonder if this is an issue in western Canadian cities.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)