[Best Buy] D-Link Wireless AC2600 Dual-Band Gigabit Router $70

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2019 8:20 pm
[OP]
Oct 15, 2008
6 posts
14 upvotes

[Best Buy] D-Link Wireless AC2600 Dual-Band Gigabit Router $70

Just saw D-Link AC2600 wiless router at Bestbuy for $69.99. There are other retails selling this router for $180. I think it is a decent deal for AC2600 router.
[*]
[/list]
Images
  • dlink.png
44 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2078 posts
1395 upvotes
Kitchener
Wish it was ASUS
Gaming PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 6500, GTX 1060 6gb, 16GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Mar 30, 2013
276 posts
88 upvotes
Petawawa
I know nothing about technlogy, computers etc...
All i know is, I made the mistake of using Primus for my internet (I assumed as they use Rogers infrastruture) it would be decent. It is not. They supplied some cheapo router.
I want to know:

1. How do i check to see if this router is compatible? Is there a spec that I should be looking for to see if it fits with my ISP?
2. Will this router help with the wireless dropping and increase the range?

TIA
May 2, 2019
96 posts
392 upvotes
Canada
Thoughts on how it compares to the ASUS Wireless AC1900 Dual-Band Router (RT-AC1900P) that was on sale a while ago for $130?
Temporel wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 1:16 pm
Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
Oct 7, 2011
96 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver
mrpricematch wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 3:03 pm
All i know is, I made the mistake of using Primus for my internet (I assumed as they use Rogers infrastruture) it would be decent. It is not. They supplied some cheapo router.
I want to know:

1. How do i check to see if this router is compatible? Is there a spec that I should be looking for to see if it fits with my ISP?

TIA
mrpricematch wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 3:03 pm
I want to know:

TIA
Most ISP provided modem/routers are trash for wifi range. They can barely get past a couple walls before a large reduction in speed and signal.

1) Any router is compatible with most modems. Just plug a cable from the ISP modem/router to your new router's ethernet port and set up the WIFI settings (passwords, network name, etc).
2) Most likely, yes. Unless you are trying to get signal through 2 floors or have concrete walls. Even then, most aftermarket routers will outperform what you currently have.
Oct 5, 2014
363 posts
649 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks OP, needed a router to get me by untill the Asus AC2900 RT86U is back on special again.
Dec 28, 2006
841 posts
650 upvotes
Finally, I can find something to buy from BestBuy that I need and use my X'mas gift card from last year.
Nov 20, 2013
751 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
OOS
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney
Penalty Box
Jul 23, 2007
2452 posts
1163 upvotes
Vancouver
I have 100pc to connect internet
Thanks op
Feb 28, 2014
288 posts
234 upvotes
Oh wow, it already sold out...

As for the chipset, I have this router, it really isn't bad. It might be a MediaTek but the range is good, it's a decent 2C4T MIPS SOC. It's just a Ralink based processor (MediaTek bought out Ralink years ago).
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1035 posts
648 upvotes
Vancouver
If you have the Telus Actiontec T3200M modem, would getting a router (doesn't have to be this one) be beneficial to improve Wifi speed and potentially coverage? I used to be getting higher Mbps download speed at a newer built apartment but after moving to an older place to live, my download and upload speeds have both been almost cut in half and I'm not getting the speeds I used to be getting.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1364 posts
282 upvotes
Alivenate wrote:
Oct 14th, 2019 5:40 pm
If you have the Telus Actiontec T3200M modem, would getting a router (doesn't have to be this one) be beneficial to improve Wifi speed and potentially coverage? I used to be getting higher Mbps download speed at a newer built apartment but after moving to an older place to live, my download and upload speeds have both been almost cut in half and I'm not getting the speeds I used to be getting.
Too lazy to do all the research for you, but if the modem has gigabit Ethernet, plug into it and run a Speedtest to see if you can max out your speeds, if so, then a new router may help, otherwise I’d doubt it.

There’s a million different things at play though. If it’s DSL and you’re further from the central office, or the wiring in your house is old, then you’re probably going to see a hit to your speeds, usually the only way to fix the wiring issue is to have them come fix them. If you’re too far, then you’re SOL. (I switched to cable since dsl as trash on my area)