[Best Buy] Dead -Hot deal on Bosch SHEM63W55N dishwasher $950

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 8:46 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes

[Best Buy] Dead -Hot deal on Bosch SHEM63W55N dishwasher $950

The 13% off is off the current sale price. The "normal" price seems to be between $1300 and $1500 which makes it a hot deal in my book as BF posted price is $1099 for all appliance retailers and they are only willing to go down by about $50 from there. I went to the Billy Bishop way Bestbuy to look at it in person and compare it to the Miele and they had an in store special of $999. When I asked for a better deal I was given another $50 off. He wrote up the bill using $929 but with a $49 delivery fee (no in sotre pickup allowed) however when I protested he lowered the price to $900 to make it the initial offer of $950 shipping included. I was also able to negotiate an in store pickup after all when the next available delivery date was Jan 7. It will be delivered to the store Dec 12. All in after taxes came to $1075.

There was another thread about TheBay 15% cash back deal on dishwashers a few weeks ago which is dead now. That was $20 cheaper all in.

I ended up going with the Bosch vs. Miele because Bosch has more features the Miele classic does not have at $340 more. It includes the 5 year warranty which I don't need for the toughest dishwasher on the market.
Last edited by synmag on Nov 28th, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
54 replies
Jan 13, 2015
25 posts
4 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
Hm do you think they would honour this at another location?
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
FrancoD29 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:14 pm
Hm do you think they would honour this at another location?
I don't see why not. It wasn't a floor model or anything. It is shipped from their warehouse. Tell them this location has it and you want the same thing if your location doesn't have it marked down in store.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4257 posts
2093 upvotes
Kitchener
Doesn't seem like a great deal IMO. I JUST bought my Bosch 800 in the USA early last week at Sears for quite a bit less (it wasn't even a Black Friday special). ALSO Bosch is offering a $50 MIR right now (open to USA residents). I mailed mine in (obviously I mailed it from the USA with a USA return address) because I couldn't find my Sears location in their list, so I couldn't apply online. Could almost buy a Bosch Benchmark for $1000 US.

Link to Bosch USA November/December 2017 dishwasher rebates here: http://media3.bosch-home.com/Documents/ ... ec2017.pdf

Capture.JPG
Jan 13, 2015
25 posts
4 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
Thank you both.
I like the us deal but I don't know how I'd get it up here.

I tried calling four best buys today in my area and not one picked up.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
This model is US$720 and the 800 is US$855. It's a lot of hoops to jump through unless you are in the US for other reasons or live near the border. Or if you can get it below the advertised price please let us know how much.

720-50MIR = US$670 = US$757 after HST = CAD$984 before shipping and no warranty.

For me the 300 series is the sweetspot in the lineup as it's a major step up from the ascenta and it has features of the 500 and iirc of the 800 as well where it's not worth it for me to move up the range. The only option I would like to have is the delicate/China cycle but I can live without it.

How much below the listed price did you get your 800 for in the US? Did you ship it or drove down for it?

Based on the listed price I would save $90 most of which would be eaten up by shipping if I could find a US retailer they would ship to Canada.

I think for most people it's much simpler to walk into a local bestbuy to get it and have the warranty.

Edit: The benchmark for US$1000 would be CAD$1400 before shipping. For that price you can get a Miele.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
Speaking of Miele, I found their open box sale thread where people got the ~$2000 model for under a thousand which is a better deal than the Bosch. They just had one a few weeks ago. They had one in March this year so they may have one again either in March or in the summer if one can wait that long.

I am contemplating cancelling this sale and wait for a Miele sale.
Nov 28, 2013
995 posts
284 upvotes
London, ON
Problem with buying in the USA is,, that many manufactures won't honour the warranty here in Canada if anything happens.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
I responded from my phone last night and didn't see your attachment. I still don't see the link to the website though. I'd be curious what this 300 series goes for there. Your model from amazon.com is USD$870 from an 80% seller. That is over CAD$1000 with the $50 rebate. Note that your exact model # is not listed on the rebate from. Only SHPM78W5_N which is a slight difference but you may get it denied.

The 300 price from US sites is $720. Even if you can get it for USD$620 it would come to CAD$969 with local taxes plus conversion and HST. It's not worth it for me to save $100.

I wouldn't worry about the warranty too much depending on what store you are getting it from. If it's one of those places that specializes on end of line/returned etc. items I would definitely want a warranty. Usually there is a reason why items are significantly discounted.

Finally, personally, as a rule, I never ship fragile appliances due to possible damage during shipping. I am not talking about obvious damage that you could send back etc., I'm talking about general abuse from box being dropped and mishandled along with the extra mileage bumping along the way in the back of the truck for possibly thousands of kms and sustaining damage that may manifest itself in premature failure. For example I would never buy a large TV from amazon no matter how good their return policy is.

I even tend to stay away from Home Depot locally as I have had a dishwasher shipped from them which was bent out of shape so badly the manufacturer had to replace it. It must have been dropped from a significant height for that kind of damage. I have read many HD reviews where shipped products were damaged.

Again, please post the link to the website as others who are interested in the higher models may be interested. However, for the 300 it's not worth it IMO as the small savings does not justify the risk and the hassle. The only way for me to by from the US is if I was already there and found a warehouse sale with a significant discount of 40-50% where I could save $300-400.
Jan 13, 2015
25 posts
4 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
synmag wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:14 pm
I don't see why not. It wasn't a floor model or anything. It is shipped from their warehouse. Tell them this location has it and you want the same thing if your location doesn't have it marked down in store.
Hmm . Yea they said sadly there is no way they can even get CLOSE to that price without something in writing.
I wonder if i had a copy of your receipt?
Jun 15, 2008
31 posts
9 upvotes
I paid $935 for this dishwasher at The Bay a few weeks ago. It was regular $1750, on sale for $1099, then an additional 15% off (one day only). Was able to pick it up myself to avoid the $75 delivery fee. It's a nice unit, cleans and dries well (for us). Holds a ton of dishes, has a 3rd rack at the top that we use for sorting cutlery, and it's extremely quiet.

Installation was a bit of an effort because all the connections are at the back (instead of the front) and they don't include a brass input elbow for the water supply. I had to make 3 trips to the hardware store because I kept running into obstacles, as everything has to be connected before pushing the dishwasher in, rather than pushing it in, then connecting it (like most dishwashers).

Had an Asko in the past, that was also extremely quiet, and it had an interior light that I enjoyed, but it was much more money than this Bosch. Having used it for a only a few weeks now, I would recommend it, but obviously 2 weeks is not much of a review period. Watch for sales, you will probably get it for less than $950 eventually, but $950's still a good price.
Dec 17, 2013
667 posts
316 upvotes
CALGARY
Yakadee wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 4:42 pm
I paid $935 for this dishwasher at The Bay a few weeks ago. It was regular $1750, on sale for $1099, then an additional 15% off (one day only). Was able to pick it up myself to avoid the $75 delivery fee. It's a nice unit, cleans and dries well (for us). Holds a ton of dishes, has a 3rd rack at the top that we use for sorting cutlery, and it's extremely quiet.

Installation was a bit of an effort because all the connections are at the back (instead of the front) and they don't include a brass input elbow for the water supply. I had to make 3 trips to the hardware store because I kept running into obstacles, as everything has to be connected before pushing the dishwasher in, rather than pushing it in, then connecting it (like most dishwashers).

Had an Asko in the past, that was also extremely quiet, and it had an interior light that I enjoyed, but it was much more money than this Bosch. Having used it for a only a few weeks now, I would recommend it, but obviously 2 weeks is not much of a review period. Watch for sales, you will probably get it for less than $950 eventually, but $950's still a good price.
How much of a difference do you notice from the Ascenta series. I picked Ascenta for $545 Stainless steel one. Is it worth extra $400 or $500 to get the 300 series?
Jan 13, 2015
25 posts
4 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
Yakadee wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 4:42 pm

Damn somehow i missed this deal! :(
Jan 13, 2015
25 posts
4 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
TheBay has the Friends and Family deal 20% off this weekend but of course the prices for the dishwashers are WAY up again. FFS

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)