• Dec 8th, 2017 8:46 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
5078 posts
750 upvotes
GVR
milanshergill wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:30 pm
I have heard that Bosch Dishwashers don't dry well? Just looked up reviews for SHEM63W55N and overall its great but drying is still a problem? Did you guys look into that?
I have the SHS63VL5UC (a 300 Series) since around June this year. So far, drying isn't an issue. We set it to go and do its thing when we go to bed. Wake up, and the dishes are dry. I think it may have something to do with what the expectation and use case of what is considered acceptable drying time.
Last edited by chatbox on Dec 4th, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 10, 2013
43 posts
3 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks for the feedback. I was a bit concerned about the dryness power of Bosch machines since it has been a known problem in them since long time.

After getting a bit more feedback I am leaning towards getting a KitchenAid KDPE234GPS. Any one has feedback regarding it? How does it compare to Bosch SHEM63W55N?
chatbox wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:20 am
I have the SHS63VL5UC (a 300 Series) since around June this year. So far, drying isn't an issue. We set it go and do its thing when we go to bed. Wake up, and the dishes are dry. I think it may have something to do what the expectation and use case of what is considered acceptable drying time.
May 5, 2017
116 posts
12 upvotes
milanshergill wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:34 am
Thanks for the feedback. I was a bit concerned about the dryness power of Bosch machines since it has been a known problem in them since long time.

After getting a bit more feedback I am leaning towards getting a KitchenAid KDPE234GPS. Any one has feedback regarding it? How does it compare to Bosch SHEM63W55N?
European dishwashers are designed to dry over a long period of time in order to be very energy efficient. If you want a quick rinse and dry, european machines are not your friends.

I looked into KitchenAid but all too often I read about the problem that they have venting to the side, directly to the cabinet. While it appears not everyone has this issue when it shows there appears to be no simple solution neither acknowledgment from the brand that it is an issue at all. In reality steam is not supposed to get out from that vent but it does for lots of people.

After I read about Miele and how they control virtually every piece that goes into their machines I got one. I visited many stores and in one it was obvious the guy was pushing us to get a kitchen aid. When I inquired about this at other stores I was told that kitchenaid gives the most kick backs to sellers on several outlets hence explaining this behavior. Miele likely gives the lowest since they basically "take over" the sale, you really buy from them. A guy that did not push us at all basically told us that you have pretty much everything else, then you have Bosch and then you have Miele. He even said it would almost be foolish to take the 5 year warranty on the Mieles as they simply don't tend to break before 10 years. And then, they can be fixed by Miele themselves.

Using the Miele reminds me of my mom's high end dishwashers we used in europe 20 years ago. That you can get that for 1300CAD is amazing imho. I feel the simplest Miele can cater to almost everyone.. they're not cheap because they don't skimp out on important things like plastic on the inside.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4258 posts
2093 upvotes
Kitchener
filafan wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:12 pm
Great info, unfortunately the fine print states not valid from Lowes, Sears, Best Buy and "all pacific Sales locations" whatever that means.
WOW, completely missed that......stupid insanely small fine print.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1890 posts
232 upvotes
Waterlooo
Parts for whirlpool and bosch are fairly easy to find and are not expensive. This is good for DIY, and can make a difference even if you use a repair guy. My parents with Samsung appliances often experience long wait times for warranty parts.
Don't know much about Miele, I assume if they control all parts then buying parts from them should be easy (though not necessarily inexpensive)
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
milanshergill wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:34 am

Before ordering my Bosch (same model) I ran a load in my current machine without the heat dry option to simulate how the Bosch might fare. It dried no problem with a few drops on plastic containers. It's also recommended to open the door when the load finishes to let the steam out. High end Miele models actually have an auto door open option.

Edit:. I'm going in circles on these threads and didn't realize I responded in my own thread. LOL.
Mar 16, 2006
193 posts
24 upvotes
Oakville
Anyone care to share a copy of their receipt from Lowes? I'm being told that it is special order and they won't honour the price match. This was on their live chat with Kevin, told me to call in to escalate. Booo
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
FrancoD29 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 3:24 pm
Hmm . Yea they said sadly there is no way they can even get CLOSE to that price without something in writing.
I wonder if i had a copy of your receipt?
I just saw your message. It's probably late now but pm me if you can still use it. Are you far from this location? I find it odd that they would not honor an in store sale at other locations at a chain like Bestbuy.
Oct 18, 2006
85 posts
9 upvotes
Ajax
chronick wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:40 pm
Anyone care to share a copy of their receipt from Lowes? I'm being told that it is special order and they won't honour the price match. This was on their live chat with Kevin, told me to call in to escalate. Booo
Just wondering if you are trying to price match with the best buy price or Ta appliances. I price matched at Lowes with the Ta price no problem through live chat. Total price $1016.99 pick up in store. http://www.taappliance.com/en/catalog/p ... SHEM63W55N
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1425 posts
307 upvotes
Woodbridge
chronick wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:40 pm
Try live chat again. It's worked for me.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
anom wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:00 am
Thanks for posting this! I was able to price match at Lowes for $900 plus delivery plus tax.
Can someone do the math for me on this one? Is Lowes price policy not like the rest which is the lower price -10% of the difference which in this case would be $40 off of the $999 plus tax which comes to $1083? How do you arrive at the $900 price? Thanks. I might try this as well to save the additional $60.
Oct 18, 2006
85 posts
9 upvotes
Ajax
synmag wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:26 am
Can someone do the math for me on this one? Is Lowes price policy not like the rest which is the lower price -10% of the difference which in this case would be $40 off of the $999 plus tax which comes to $1083? How do you arrive at the $900 price? Thanks. I might try this as well to save the additional $60.
It is 10% off the sale price of $999.99

Discounts:
Final Cost:
Shipping:
-HST:

Your Total:
$899.99

$899.99
Included
$117.00

$1,016.99
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2005
1162 posts
52 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone know when the TA 'sale' for the 300 Bosch end? Looking to pick one of these up between now and Boxing day.

Also, any issues price matching TA outside of the GTA?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1425 posts
307 upvotes
Woodbridge
Smoothie wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:25 am
Anyone know when the TA 'sale' for the 300 Bosch end? Looking to pick one of these up between now and Boxing day.

Also, any issues price matching TA outside of the GTA?
Order now. This takes 2-3 weeks to ship from Bosch. Lowe's doesn't carry this model. 30 day price protection kicks in from time you get it.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
eronius_monk wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:39 am
It is 10% off the sale price of $999.99

Discounts:
Final Cost:
Shipping:
-HST:

Your Total:
$899.99

$899.99
Included
$117.00

$1,016.99
Thanks for that. I didn't realize it was 10% off the sale price. That's a pretty good deal. I will drop by my HD to see if they would match and if it can be picked up as with delivery of $50 it's the same price as mine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)