[Best Buy] Dead -Hot deal on Bosch SHEM63W55N dishwasher $950

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 8:46 pm
May 5, 2017
120 posts
12 upvotes
synmag wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 9:15 pm
Before ordering my Bosch (same model) I ran a load in my current machine without the heat dry option to simulate how the Bosch might fare. It dried no problem with a few drops on plastic containers. It's also recommended to open the door when the load finishes to let the steam out. High end Miele models actually have an auto door open option.
Plastic containers never do well in dishwashers, definitely don't get fully dry on my Miele. Do they get completely dry in KitchenAids?
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
Bafonso wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:45 am
Plastic containers never do well in dishwashers, definitely don't get fully dry on my Miele. Do they get completely dry in KitchenAids?
Washers with the heating element, which is most if not all North American makes, completely dry dishes except for grooves facing up that catch water. OTOH European makes like the Bosch and Miele use what they call "condensation drying" which took me a while to wrap my head around it as in my mind condensation produces water. Based on my research the way it works is 1. water condensates on the surface of the stainless steel interior and 2. the heat build up in the dishes help dry them off once the door is opened. Also, use of the rinseaid is a must as it helps the water stream off the dishes.

I will have to experiment once I get it next week but between opening the door after the cycle and running it over night and having time to dry off any water by morning should make it a non-issue. I think people focus on negatives, no matter how minor, and like to complain. I heard somewhere that if a person has a good experience they tell three people about it, but if they have a bad experience they tell 7.
May 5, 2017
120 posts
12 upvotes
synmag wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:08 am
Washers with the heating element, which is most if not all North American makes, completely dry dishes except for grooves facing up that catch water. OTOH European makes like the Bosch and Miele use what they call "condensation drying" which took me a while to wrap my head around it as in my mind condensation produces water. Based on my research the way it works is 1. water condensates on the surface of the stainless steel interior and 2. the heat build up in the dishes help dry them off once the door is opened. Also, use of the rinseaid is a must as it helps the water stream off the dishes.

I will have to experiment once I get it next week but between opening the door after the cycle and running it over night and having time to dry off any water by morning should make it a non-issue. I think people focus on negatives, no matter how minor, and like to complain. I heard somewhere that if a person has a good experience they tell three people about it, but if they have a bad experience they tell 7.
My Miele dries fine without opening the door... we never worry about it. If you run the normal program, most of it is dry by the time it ends as I've ran it during the day sometimes if we're running short on dishes :)
[OP]
Oct 24, 2005
361 posts
36 upvotes
Bafonso wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:35 am
My Miele dries fine without opening the door... we never worry about it. If you run the normal program, most of it is dry by the time it ends as I've ran it during the day sometimes if we're running short on dishes :)
The operating word being most. Some people are not happy with most, they want all. I'm sure it helps otherwise Miele wouldn't have included the auto door open function on their high-end models. I am not going to lose any sleep over it.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1429 posts
310 upvotes
Woodbridge
synmag wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:03 pm
Thanks for the link. I went back to bestbuy and managed to get back $50 + tax to match this deal. I was surprised how easy it was.
No problem
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1429 posts
310 upvotes
Woodbridge
The Bosch arrived at Lowe's store in just 5 days. Got the call today.
Oct 31, 2013
213 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
This deal is over.. shows 1400 in best buy webpage
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)