Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Dishonored 2 PS4 - $9.97 - price error? - very YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2017 8:19 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2839 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't you have to pay for the item 1st at the price error before asking for SCOP? Otherwise, they'll just correct it. That's how Loblaws does it anyway
Nov 9, 2013
862 posts
927 upvotes
Barrie
Just curious, was the $9.97 tag on the game or on the shelf? And did that tag's description say the correct game?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: Don't you have to pay for the item 1st at the price error before asking for SCOP? Otherwise, they'll just correct it. That's how Loblaws does it anyway
No, that's not how Loblaws does it. The first item gets the discount, but afterwards they take the price off and so there's no more SCOP.

Cashier scans the item, you tell them immediately the price is wrong, it should be $X, they correct it, now tell them to apply SCOP.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4377 posts
1592 upvotes
RyanD163 wrote: Just curious, was the $9.97 tag on the game or on the shelf? And did that tag's description say the correct game?
the $9.97 was on the shelf price but was showing $39.99 clearance to $9.97... when it was scanned it was $49.99... the girl even went to the website to show me $49.99...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB since 2018
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: Don't you have to pay for the item 1st at the price error before asking for SCOP? Otherwise, they'll just correct it. That's how Loblaws does it anyway
It just has to scan at the wrong price at checkout for SCOP to work. From personal experience, Loblaws will follow the policy without you paying first. There's no point in making you pay just so that they can refund it 5 minutes later.

The Loblaws near my house seems to always scan higher than the shelf price. I've gotten things like free milk, cheese, and sauces this way. It's not that I look for it, but I figure why not use the policy when I can? Think of the money they make by overcharging other people, this balances it out. =)
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
CrazyJo82 wrote: the $9.97 was on the shelf price but was showing $39.99 clearance to $9.97... when it was scanned it was $49.99... the girl even went to the website to show me $49.99...
I figure that the if Best Buy has the policy, the girl was in the wrong and there should have been someone else to talk to. I could be wrong though, maybe Best Buy says employees don't have to follow policies? The point of the policy is to cover pricing errors, which she even pointed out to you that there was one.

If the item was listed at $10, was it supposed to be free or do people just get $10 off?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
silverele wrote: I figure that the if Best Buy has the policy, the girl was in the wrong and there should have been someone else to talk to. I could be wrong though, maybe Best Buy says employees don't have to follow policies? The point of the policy is to cover pricing errors, which she even pointed out to you that there was one.

If the item was listed at $10, was it supposed to be free or do people just get $10 off?
Free up to $10. If it's more, u get $10 off of sale price.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4377 posts
1592 upvotes
just uploaded the receipt...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
First item isree if the price is less than $10,more than $10 you get $10 discount,,you pay the price on the shelf if you are buying more than one.
4 months ago ,I was at Walmart,I saw 3 pack kinder surprise for $1.5 ,self scanner was showing more than $3.47 ,so I bought 30 of them ,then went to the customer service,they gave me on free and charged $1.5 for the rest (each),I wasn't so satisfied though (LOL),because I bought 15 boy kinder packs and 15 girl kinder packs,they refused to give me 2 packs for free (Boys one and Girls one),their excuse different design but the same chocolate bar.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4377 posts
1592 upvotes
Spiderbait wrote: I feel dumber after reading this thread.
with all the comments on SCOP? i feel the same...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
immortal_kssss wrote: First item isree if the price is less than $10,more than $10 you get $10 discount,,you pay the price on the shelf if you are buying more than one.
4 months ago ,I was at Walmart,I saw 3 pack kinder surprise for $1.5 ,self scanner was showing more than $3.47 ,so I bought 30 of them ,then went to the customer service,they gave me on free and charged $1.5 for the rest (each),I wasn't so satisfied though (LOL),because I bought 15 boy kinder packs and 15 girl kinder packs,they refused to give me 2 packs for free (Boys one and Girls one),their excuse different design but the same chocolate bar.
Dat's a lotta Choco!!!!!!

Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Woah! wrote: Dat's a lotta Choco!!!!!!

I have many kids to feed Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
def47 wrote: It's a very good deal and thanks for posting!

I just feel like you forgot about SCOP, and now you make an excuse for it. like "meh.. who needs 10$"
You realize that's not how SCOP works right?

OP lucked out - their only suppose to give $10 off the actual price if it was SCOP. BB just honored the price error.
No politics in sigs - mods
Oct 10, 2015
96 posts
146 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Chewfam wrote: You realize that's not how SCOP works right?

OP lucked out - their only suppose to give $10 off the actual price if it was SCOP. BB just honored the price error.
Just want to make sure you know how SCOP works, the OP was supposed to get the game for free. They have to use the lower price to determine if it's free (under $10) or $10 off (over $10). It would not make sense for them to base it on the actual scanning price =]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
3111 posts
3201 upvotes
Monby326 wrote: Just want to make sure you know how SCOP works, the OP was supposed to get the game for free. They have to use the lower price to determine if it's free (under $10) or $10 off (over $10). It would not make sense for them to base it on the actual scanning price =]
Just wanted to make sure you know they use the "correct price".
Just wanted to make sure you know the retail council has a website with the code. https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-accuracy

So much false information based on previous false information from other threads.
Do you really think any retailer would voluntarily sign on if missing a 0 could possibly make a retailer lose thousands of dollars?
No politics in sigs - mods
Oct 10, 2015
96 posts
146 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Chewfam wrote: Just wanted to make sure you know they use the "correct price".
Just wanted to make sure you know the retail council has a website with the code. https://www.retailcouncil.org/scanner-accuracy

So much false information based on previous false information from other threads.
Do you really think any retailer would voluntarily sign on if missing a 0 could possibly make a retailer lose thousands of dollars?
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I stand corrected! I always think it's based on the lower price as that's how my experiences have been. I guess in my past experiences the lower prices were always the correct prices. Thank you again Chewfam!
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
Chewfam wrote: You realize that's not how SCOP works right?

from lots of previous SCOPs, I can say I've never been charged the "correct price" minus 10$.

EVERY stores just used the lower price and took off 10$. I never heard one example of a store who didn't use the lower price as the "correct price".

so yeah, thanks, you may be right about the policy, but most costumers and cashiers don't know this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)