• Feb 15th, 2019 8:16 am
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1713 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto
Jackobz wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 7:33 pm

I wish it would be a free update for the ps4 owners, that would be amazing. Heck, I would even pay 10$ for it has dlc.
I wish there was a way to import saves from PS4 version.. I wasted far too much time with the game.. but I didn't do everything... I enjoyed it too.. definitely got my monies worth.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3140 posts
1741 upvotes
Toronto and London
Switch definitive version with orchestrated music, 2d option, etc is coming out fyi!
Dec 27, 2012
168 posts
216 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:08 pm
Switch definitive version with orchestrated music, 2d option, etc is coming out fyi!
how can it be the definitive version if it is a major graphical downgrade from the ps4 version? the inclusion of the orchestrated soundtrack is nice, but that doesn't make it the best version due to the hardware it is running on.
Jun 7, 2018
47 posts
56 upvotes
I guess if you don't have a switch and more importantly want to play it NOW, then go for it.

Personal I'll probably wait for the switch version of the game, or the eventual definitive edition on the other consoles and PC (though not confirmed yet). DQ orchestra music is probably in the top 10 OSTs of any game.

They should give an update to existing users, even if it's paid, shitty if they don't.

Edit: Seems like only the open world field and battle music is orchestrated Neutral Face
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3140 posts
1741 upvotes
Toronto and London
xristophoros wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:32 pm
how can it be the definitive version if it is a major graphical downgrade from the ps4 version? the inclusion of the orchestrated soundtrack is nice, but that doesn't make it the best version due to the hardware it is running on.
Don't ask me, ask Nintendo. They call it as such. I believe when they claim definitive version, they are referring to the features namely, at least in this particular scenario.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7937 posts
1354 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not entirely convinced the Switch version will be 'better' based on the hardware. There is already an orchestral mod for the PC if that is a consideration.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7937 posts
1354 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad it is 5 cents short of free shipping.
Dec 8, 2002
262 posts
181 upvotes
Edmonton
I believe in terms of content the Switch version will be "better".

While I get that the PS4 is more powerful than the Switch, this game actually runs poorly on my (non-Pro) PS4. There's a lot of stutter and frame rate drops at random times (oddly enough, mostly after I change up equipment). That said, it goes away on its on after a while, but I have no idea what triggers it and what clears it up, since Zooming to a new place doesn't always work.

That all said, I put in 60+ hours into the game already, so....