Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Dragon Quest XI -$34.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 8:16 am
Dec 5, 2016
171 posts
23 upvotes
Any big differences with the Edition of Light version?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1015 posts
366 upvotes
Waterloo
xristophoros wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:32 pm
how can it be the definitive version if it is a major graphical downgrade from the ps4 version? the inclusion of the orchestrated soundtrack is nice, but that doesn't make it the best version due to the hardware it is running on.
How can the PS4 version be better if you're tethered to your TV the whole time? The improved graphics are nice, but that doesn't make it the best version due to the hardware it is running on.

The point is - graphics aren't the only thing that matter. Orchestrated music, more story, 2D mode and portability are pretty major things that are exclusive to the Switch (for now?) which make it inherently the definitive version of the game.

EDIT: Thanks to those who pointed out it's back in stock - just ordered a copy & added a 99 cent Sharpie highlighter for free shipping. 4 left online as of this post.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1530 posts
821 upvotes
Montreal, QC
PressureBoom wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 2:27 pm
EDIT: Thanks to those who pointed out it's back in stock - just ordered a copy & added a 99 cent Sharpie highlighter for free shipping. 4 left online as of this post.
Thanks dude, when I checked there was only one in stock, did the same thing and it seems the order went through.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6993 posts
1886 upvotes
Colin0317 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 7:59 pm
Does the ps4 version have voice over?

Yes the Westernized PS4 version has English voice acting. Not every line of text dialogue is voiced but the more important story moments and battle banter
has voice acting.

The Nintendo Switch version will get a version that has both English and Japanese voice acting.
The Japanese PS4 version has no voice acting at all.
Nov 23, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
I just bought online as well, but unfortunately, wasn't smart enough to add (or find) a 99 cent sharpie, so I ended up ordering Ni No Kuni 2 for $20.
Feb 4, 2009
50 posts
12 upvotes
Switch version is without a doubt better than the PS4 version, even if the graphics are a slight downgrade. With that said, Nintendo themselves are publishing DQ11 in the West, so don't expect much of a discount on it. With Nintendo selling it, it is more likely to go out of stock than it is to drop to $35.
Oct 18, 2006
364 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
eggshen2 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 7:54 pm
I just bought online as well, but unfortunately, wasn't smart enough to add (or find) a 99 cent sharpie, so I ended up ordering Ni No Kuni 2 for $20.
Haha. Exactly what I did! Should’ve ordered filler instead...
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1530 posts
821 upvotes
Montreal, QC
RushDawg wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 8:48 pm
Switch version is without a doubt better than the PS4 version, even if the graphics are a slight downgrade. With that said, Nintendo themselves are publishing DQ11 in the West, so don't expect much of a discount on it. With Nintendo selling it, it is more likely to go out of stock than it is to drop to $35.
Also isn't the Switch version coming between September and December? It's a long wait when you can play now for $35.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Aug 11, 2011
602 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
I don’t understand everyone arguing over which version is better. That is totally subjective. Some people value visual fidelity, performance, and price while others care more about handheld, bonus features, and the orchestral soundtrack. We should just be celebrating this amazing game, and be happy that it’s on sale for those that still want the PS4 version!