Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

E3 30% off Select Pre-Orders (Starts June 10th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 4:05 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
So when are the preorder discounts going active?

It says title to.be revealed at E3. It implies only a small select few titles will actually be available at 30% off. E3 officially starts next Tuesday.

Heres hoping for Cyberpunk 2077
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
halcyon wrote: So when are the preorder discounts going active?

It says title to.be revealed at E3. It implies only a small select few titles will actually be available at 30% off. E3 officially starts next Tuesday.

Heres hoping for Cyberpunk 2077
I hope they have a physical version of Cyberpunk for PC.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
johntitor2036 wrote: Anyone notice the "*limited quantities while supplies last". I didn't see it on mobile, how many do you think they are going to cap it at?
Probably an unreasonably small number
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1324 posts
1277 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Like i said, if you plan on playing it right away, then yes this is a great time to pre-order. I'm going to do the same thing. But also remember if you have a backlog/not playing right away, then might as well wait and grab the game when it goes on sale. Example, if you want to play NHL 2020 right away then pre order it sure but if you arent going to play it ill dec, it will likely go on sale for $20 around boxing week or $40-50 on black friday.
The guy that replied to your comment missed the point. I have been pre-ordering E3 games for 4 years in a row and if I don’t play them in the first month then it becomes almost impossible to sell them for $50 that I paid. That said, thanks to Kijiji and E3 discounts, I have been playing most the AAA games in the past years for free.
Apr 4, 2017
246 posts
160 upvotes
THE 6IX
Is BB more reliable than Wal mart? Should I order from Walmart and BB or just do BB? And cancel Wal mart pre orders? Thanks!
WE THE NORTH!
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Best Buy allows you to cancel single item orders (orders that have exactly 1 item in them total) from your account management on your end.
Walmart does not allow cancelling any orders unless maybe if you phone them up.
I find that Best Buy delivers games on release date.

Walmart also uses UPS to deliver and I find that they are really crappy with delivery. Almost as bad as Purolator.

Amazon allows cancelling any items in an order. An order can have multiple items which you can cancel individually on your end.
Even with my Amazon Prime membership, I rarely get games on release date with Amazon (I live in the suburbs part of Toronto).
Sometimes they will deliver games one to two and a half weeks late.

ChrizArtz wrote: Is BB more reliable than Wal mart? Should I order from Walmart and BB or just do BB? And cancel Wal mart pre orders? Thanks!
Nov 28, 2013
456 posts
249 upvotes
So guessing this starts tonight at 12pm EST? That technically is Monday. However, we won't have all the announcements until Tuesday.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
Jonald wrote: So guessing this starts tonight at 12pm EST? That technically is Monday. However, we won't have all the announcements until Tuesday.
If it doesn't start at that time, then it'll probably be 3AM (BB Canada is in BC)
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
Melkor wrote: I'll take this over Amazon. All of my preorders have been at least 3-4 days late (usually more). Didnt matter that I had prime either.

I'm definitely going to be choosing WM or BB this year.
LOL, you'd be lucky if you get them in a weeks time. Walmart.ca and brick and mortar are disconencted. You have to wait for the shipment to your house or local walmart, you can't just come in and demand one from the display.
BB should be a bit better, but only Amazon allows canceling your preorder.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
How much do you want to bet this sale is going to suck?

The fact they're only doing it on "select" games and openly state that "not all titles announced at E3 will be eligible for the promotion" leads me to believe there may finally be some Publisher involvement on this one.

That or they're only going to do the discount on games with a definite release date.
May 21, 2013
160 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
wow.... Cyberpunk 2077 collectors sold out right away.... 324 bucks geeze...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Philar299 wrote: wow.... Cyberpunk 2077 collectors sold out right away.... 324 bucks geeze...
Too much for me to spend.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
WellHung wrote: LOL, you'd be lucky if you get them in a weeks time. Walmart.ca and brick and mortar are disconencted. You have to wait for the shipment to your house or local walmart, you can't just come in and demand one from the display.
BB should be a bit better, but only Amazon allows canceling your preorder.
You can cancel Bestbuy preorders
Aug 20, 2009
448 posts
471 upvotes
I still don't see PC collectors edition. It may be added later. I was able to put an order in on Amazon.com for PS4, almost $400 CAD.

Makes the Witcher 3 CE at $170 look like a steal at the time.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1176 posts
2195 upvotes
Can someone quote me if you see the E3 pre-order deals go live so I get an email alert lol?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Sounds like if you go to your local EB tomorrow when they open you'll be able to preorder the CE of Cyberpunk of you really want it. Can't $0 preorder though, need to put a deposit down cause of the cost.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
14 pages of discussion and anticipation to preorder games on a discount.

Given bestbuy has 4 pics under the 30% heading, should we expect that they'll only be doing 30% off on 4 select titles only?

I suspect it'll be games they havent listed as of yet (and hoping for cyberpunk)
May 21, 2013
160 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
What are you guys hoping to preoder with 30% off?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)