Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] E3 30% off Select Pre-Orders (Starts June 10th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 8:27 am
Sep 27, 2009
229 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
kwokinator wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:23 pm
Just received an email from BB.

We’re sorry, but due to a technical issue, your recent order for Marvel's Avengers (PS4) was unfortunately cancelled. Don’t worry, we’re taking care of this issue and you’ll be able to get your pre-ordered game at the price that you ordered it at. We’ll be in touch again by no later than Friday, June 14, with next steps.

So they officially acknowledged they messed up and cancelled our orders and basically guaranteeing our price. A surprising but very welcome move, gotta say props to BB for this one.
Yep got the same email for WD
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2460 posts
551 upvotes
Montreal
many pre-order sold out what an epic fail ... good am saving money too much of a backlog to go through lol
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1168 posts
454 upvotes
Calgary
dtvibe wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:52 pm
NO PC version of Cyberpunk? psfttttt
Mr. D wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:57 pm
^ Was also looking for the PC version - what a let down !
Agreed. Best version to play if you have an RTX card.

rtx.jpg
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16033 posts
4102 upvotes
BryanS85 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 9:28 am
This isn’t a movie tie in, no connection to the MCU whatsoever, completely original story and game
OT But the NYC background, the Avengers headquarters, the vehicles, etc. even the villains like The Abomination look like they do out of the movies. People are very familiar with those now. So, how can you say this isn't related to the movies? They sure don't look like they do in current comics. Now THAT would confuse the intended audience as most people do not read the comics anymore...
Nov 11, 2011
448 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
Peacenutman wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 5:26 am
What are you talking about, Best buy has the best deal this year out of the three... way more selection than walmart excluding nintendo games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
All this BS with OOS online preorders and cancelled orders makes it just pointless. I bet if Amazon had a decent offer they would have fixed all that.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2511 posts
786 upvotes
Chatham
Is this "deal" over now, or are you guys going to check BestBuy at 3am one final time tonight? (with hopes for Switch) Has E3 ended already?
Nov 19, 2014
73 posts
205 upvotes
Central AB
For those who didn't get a chance yet on the Switch pre-orders - here ya go. Looks like 20% off is the best we'll be able to get.

Submitted WM's prices to amazon, they've matched it as of this posting.
www.amazon.ca/Pokémon-Sword-Edition/dp/B07SXJCVZF - $64.96
www.amazon.ca/Pokémon-Shield-Edition/dp/B07SWH9BGB -$64.96

Also, Fire Emblem is same price
www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-HCCPANVYA-Fire-E ... B07PCJ2Q3P - $64.96

Peace
Jan 3, 2009
841 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
No 30% discount for Final Fantasy 7 Deluxe, only the Standard? That's not fair!
Apr 24, 2014
41 posts
13 upvotes
Sydney
DougO wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:07 am
OT But the NYC background, the Avengers headquarters, the vehicles, etc. even the villains like The Abomination look like they do out of the movies. People are very familiar with those now. So, how can you say this isn't related to the movies? They sure don't look like they do in current comics. Now THAT would confuse the intended audience as most people do not read the comics anymore...
You’re confusing being related to with being inspired by. Of course the movies are going to inspire some designs, they’re massively in the public eye and have been around for over a decade, however that does not make this RELATED ago the MCU or make it a tie in. That’s like saying Spider-Man ps4 was a movie tie in game
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2912 posts
668 upvotes
Ajax
jiffylube1024 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:43 pm
Yup - very annoying. And I got a suspicious message from Walmart saying my gears 5 order may be cancelled. Ridiculous.

How are all these games that aren't even close to release sold out?
Oh my 60+ pages and you never bothered to read the numerous posts about Walmart. Try reading post #926. Astonished Face
May 25, 2009
406 posts
256 upvotes
Langley, BC
MrBambinoDent wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 1:19 am
All this BS with OOS online preorders and cancelled orders makes it just pointless. I bet if Amazon had a decent offer they would have fixed all that.
Yeah but all 3 stores are OOS and cancel for strange reasons. At least Best buy lets you edit your order or let you preorder with "expired" credit card, walmart can't.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3498 posts
1041 upvotes
Got this email from Bestbuy:

"We’re sorry, but due to a technical issue, your recent order for Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) was unfortunately cancelled. Don’t worry, we’re taking care of this issue and you’ll be able to get your pre-ordered game at the price that you ordered it at. We’ll be in touch again by no later than Friday, June 14, with next steps.
Sincerely,
The Best Buy team"

This is why I've been ordering from multiple places since something has historically come up where pre-orders aren't as reliable as they used to be.

I'm actually surprised at the amount of orders that have been randomly cancelled from both Bestbuy and Walmart this year.

I had my first Walmart order cancelled...thankfully though. When the sale first went up, there was something wrong with their cart where it would show nothing in your cart. Somehow the transaction eventually went through and I had 6 copies of Jedi and Modern Warfare each (I just wanted 2... LOL).

So for those who had their orders cancelled, maybe it's perhaps there was too many games in the order?
Last edited by halcyon on Jun 13th, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4007 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 7:32 am
Oh my 60+ pages and you never bothered to read the numerous posts about Walmart. Try reading post #926. Astonished Face
I did read some sketch but also read some people boasting how Walmart ships their pre-orders early.

It seems to be pick your poison - late pre-orders from Amazon, possibly cancelled ones from Walmart and hit-or-miss availability from Best Buy.

I don't remember it being this bad in years past where I was easily able to lock in pre-orders everywhere.